Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
(SOLVED) Window Resizing Issue ( OpenGL Only)
01-30-2016, 02:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2016 04:20 AM by dcloud466.)
(SOLVED) Window Resizing Issue ( OpenGL Only)
(I'm trying the latest version now.. v1.1.1.8.7.2-g490c453 (windows) will post any changes..
No same deal.

Regular v1.1.1 has the issue as well.

I seem to have ran into this issue I believe only after updating to the latest version.. I could be wrong but never realized it until then. There is a prob when resizing the window if using OpenGL (This doesn't happen with directX). If you open the emu at say 2x window size, it'll start off displaying correctly. Now, if you resize the window from 2x > 3x or 1x you'll see what I've seen in these snapshots.

2x Starting window (OK - Normal)

2x Starting window changed to 1x

2x Starting window changed to 3x

Any idea why this is? Any selected options I may have checked?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2016, 03:40 AM
RE: Window Resizing Issue ( OpenGL Only)
Try resetting to default options, maybe you have "small display" or some display layout options selected?

-[Unknown]
01-30-2016, 02:42 PM
This is the latest build from the site I'm using ( 111-870-g194e9ed )
I restored to default, restarted and it's still doing the same. All I currently have are the default options selected.

So what next?

Thanks
01-31-2016, 12:55 AM
Are you on Windows 10? Either way, definitely try updating your drivers. This seems like a possible video card driver bug.

Does it help to exit to the menu (press Esc) and then resume the game?

-[Unknown]
01-31-2016, 04:20 AM
Well I'm using W7 x64.

I fixed the issue by changing the drivers. I switched to a previous version Radeon r7 drivers from the newest, which I was using. So I downgraded rather than updated.. Yeah, updated backwards.

But I immediately re-installed the newest driver again (manually through Device Manager) after I noticed it was fixed to see if it was just some driver fluke as you mention. This has helped to fix crackling sound issues on my system several times as well. Wondering what causes the thing to mess up anyway if you've done nothing you know of to mess it up?... : )

Evidently the currently installed driver package got messed somehow... Wierd.

It's all working now in OpenGL.

I'll marked this as solved
01-31-2016, 06:51 AM
RE: (SOLVED) Window Resizing Issue ( OpenGL Only)
I sure hope it's not an issue where it just installs wrong the first time around for that new version, or something. Glad you figured it out, that sounds tricky.

-[Unknown]