Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2014, 03:48 AM
RE: God Eater Burst
(10-19-2014 12:24 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  Merged.

I was wandering what happened to the thread I made. I thought at first it got deleted.

I had considered posting in this thread initially but since this one seemed focused on "online" play using things like Himatchi or Tunngle and not just "psuedo-online" play by using a direct LAN connection I thought it most appropriate to make my own at the time.

My apologies for posting in the wrong area / incorrectly.

(10-19-2014 07:05 AM)xdarkmario Wrote:  i also am having this issue, although player 2 is not local, i am using hamachi and AdhocServerProOnline but the outcome is the same

player one would get in but not player 2. player 2 shows up on my roster and in AdhocServerProOnline terminal but when i start game together player 2 ether ppsspp app crashes or stays on channel forever.

we are both using windows 8.1 and the same game ver
shows this in the terminal

(MAC: 99:F2:F7:E6:90Big GrinE - IP: 25.63.2.124) requested information on 1 ULUS10563 groups.
(MAC: 99:F2:F7:E6:90Big GrinE - IP: 25.63.2.124) attempted to join invalid ULUS10563 group 4af1ü≡σ⌂.
(MAC: 99:F2:F7:E6:90Big GrinE - IP: 25.63.2.124) stopped playing ULUS10563.

The results you posted are pretty much verbatim the situation I encountered when simply trying to do a direct PC-PPSSPP to PC-PPSSPP LAN connection for multiplayer.

Your messages are also the messages I recieved although the group name was different and obviously the MAC addresses and IP were as well. So I suppose that saves me from having to retest it again at my friends to get accurate messages.

God Eater Burst is listed on the ad-hoc compatibility list as "God Eater Burst [Work] v0.9.9" but there isn't much information about the specifics of it.

By working does it mean that just the lobby works, as in the players can connect and see each other, but not necessarily that its playable?

Also being that PPSSPP is usable on PC or Android and can also connect to an actual PSP.... I'm curious to know what all connections worked.

In this thread the only mention I see to there being any success appears to have been a PC-PPSSPP to a PSP.

Anyone out there able to give more clarification on the issue in part or as a whole?

Not asking for the devs to make it functional or anything. Just trying to figure out if it doesn't work, works in specific ways, or works entirely and I'm just doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance for any information and my thanks for the existence of PPSSPP in the first place. It really makes these old games great again!Big Grin
10-25-2014, 01:12 AM
Try opening DMZ on both sources.

I've been playing PPSSPP to PPSSPP online via Hamachi just fine for months, actually. DMZ Host seems to be an outright requirement. Also note that Gods Eater Burst connects to the AdHoc server right as the game loads. If it doesn't work, you might not have connected to it, and may need to reset the emulation.

Haven't tested any other devices.
10-25-2014, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2014 03:38 AM by JustForFun.)
(10-25-2014 01:12 AM)Mizalie Wrote:  Try opening DMZ on both sources.

I've been playing PPSSPP to PPSSPP online via Hamachi just fine for months, actually. DMZ Host seems to be an outright requirement. Also note that Gods Eater Burst connects to the AdHoc server right as the game loads. If it doesn't work, you might not have connected to it, and may need to reset the emulation.

Hello do you know how to play GEB Online?

can i play with pc-pc?
10-26-2014, 03:29 AM

What do mean by "try opening DMZ on both sources"?

Is DMZ something in relation to Hamachi?

I see you say that you've been playing PPSSPP to PPSSPP. You're talking abouttwo PC's using PPSSPP, correct? If so that will give me some hope that I can get a direct LAN between two PCs running PPSSPP working.

As for the ad-hoc stuff you mentioned...

For my attempts at multiplayer, I have AdHoc server and run it on the computer thats going to host. Both PCs are set with different MAC addresses and set to connect to the AdHoc server. When either player calls up the game in PPSSPP AdHoc picks up their connection and shows it in the log. Both players are able to see each other in the lobby and create a team together.

Its just that whenever the host actually attempts to start the multiplayer session only the host makes it in. The second player gets stuck showing them attempting to connect in PPSSPP and the AdHoc server shows them as requesting information on the group, attempting to join an invalid group, and then lists them as having stopped playing.

If you are using two PCs to play, and having success,would it be possible for you to try doing a direct LAN connection and see if you encounter the same issues or if you are able to connect?

Also, what build of PPSSPP and operating system version are you using? Is your PPSSPP build 32bit or 64bit?

Thanks for the posting as it at least gives some hope... sorry for the barrage of questions though.
11-03-2014, 11:26 PM
(10-26-2014 03:29 AM)Kolrath Wrote:  

What do mean by "try opening DMZ on both sources"?

Is DMZ something in relation to Hamachi?

I see you say that you've been playing PPSSPP to PPSSPP. You're talking abouttwo PC's using PPSSPP, correct? If so that will give me some hope that I can get a direct LAN between two PCs running PPSSPP working.

As for the ad-hoc stuff you mentioned...

For my attempts at multiplayer, I have AdHoc server and run it on the computer thats going to host. Both PCs are set with different MAC addresses and set to connect to the AdHoc server. When either player calls up the game in PPSSPP AdHoc picks up their connection and shows it in the log. Both players are able to see each other in the lobby and create a team together.

Its just that whenever the host actually attempts to start the multiplayer session only the host makes it in. The second player gets stuck showing them attempting to connect in PPSSPP and the AdHoc server shows them as requesting information on the group, attempting to join an invalid group, and then lists them as having stopped playing.

If you are using two PCs to play, and having success,would it be possible for you to try doing a direct LAN connection and see if you encounter the same issues or if you are able to connect?

Also, what build of PPSSPP and operating system version are you using? Is your PPSSPP build 32bit or 64bit?

Thanks for the posting as it at least gives some hope... sorry for the barrage of questions though.

DMZ might not TECHNICALLY be required but it gives Hamachi full access to connect through your net, so it could very well be a factor. DMZ is basically making your PC a 'Demilitarized Zone' meaning all connections can come through unfiltered, both incoming and outgoing, on that particular PC.

A direct LAN connection might be different, as it's not something I've tested. I have indeed been using two PCs to play - me based in Nova Scotia, the other based in New Jersey. However, we have been using two PCs in separate locations, thus allowing both of us to set our PCs as DMZ. For LAN, this might not be possible as only one PC on a network is allowed to have this setting.

We have been using a 64-bit version of PPSSPP (at least, I know I have) and the revision is v0.9.9.1-458-g94c865b.

A few things you need to check:
Do both games have the same ID?
Are they the exact same backup?
Are you using the same PPSSPP version?

The issue with one person disconnecting after being in lobby and trying to actually start the game has happened to me a total of once, and that was before both of us had DMZ active. I currently have no way to test LAN connections to see what the difference may be.
11-04-2014, 01:04 AM
(11-03-2014 11:26 PM)Mizalie Wrote:  DMZ might not TECHNICALLY be required but it gives Hamachi full access to connect through your net, so it could very well be a factor. DMZ is basically making your PC a 'Demilitarized Zone' meaning all connections can come through unfiltered, both incoming and outgoing, on that particular PC.

A direct LAN connection might be different, as it's not something I've tested. I have indeed been using two PCs to play - me based in Nova Scotia, the other based in New Jersey. However, we have been using two PCs in separate locations, thus allowing both of us to set our PCs as DMZ. For LAN, this might not be possible as only one PC on a network is allowed to have this setting.

We have been using a 64-bit version of PPSSPP (at least, I know I have) and the revision is v0.9.9.1-458-g94c865b.

A few things you need to check:
Do both games have the same ID?
Are they the exact same backup?
Are you using the same PPSSPP version?

The issue with one person disconnecting after being in lobby and trying to actually start the game has happened to me a total of once, and that was before both of us had DMZ active. I currently have no way to test LAN connections to see what the difference may be.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

In my attempts at LAN-ing both PCs were using the same version of PPSSPP. Tried with both the last stable release of 9.9.1 and also buildbot 602 and buildbot 679. All of these were the 64 bit versions.

As for the game itself, both players were using the same region of the game and had the same DLC content / updates in effect. I even tried using the exact same backup of the game on both computers to no avail.

Even the hardware of the PCs in question were nearly identical. I'm fairly confident that I can rule out it being a mismatch in hardware, PPSSPP, or the game backups.

I'm glad to hear you are using 2 PCs with PPSSPP as that at least means its working in one case similar to what I'm trying to do. It was also reassuring to hear that you had the same issue but were able to overcome it with this DMZ thing. I took note of what version of PPSSPP you were using there and I'll have to give that version a shot next time I'm able to test the multiplayer via LAN.

Thanks for the information about that DMZ thing. Curious to know though, is there an official location to grab it from?
Assuming its a seperate program from Hamachi I'd be interested in giving it a shot.

Also, if its not "technically" required to use what prompted you and your friend to use it? Did you run into some difficulty that made you two try it or do you always use it by default?

One last thing on my mind, are you and your friend using the same region of the game and are you using any of the DLC / updates?

Thanks in advance for any response and thanks once again for all the information you gave thus far. Its given me some hope that its possible and gave me some ideas of more things to test and check out.
01-02-2015, 12:04 AM
Sad God Eater Burst[HELP]
Can Any one help me with my God Eater burst its ways giving an error i cannot play adhoc with my friend :C were using evolve
it always says
A Network Error Has Occurred
(0x80410b09)

help :c
01-02-2015, 04:39 AM
RE: God Eater Burst[HELP]
(01-02-2015 12:04 AM)Akamune Fuyuki Wrote:  Can Any one help me with my God Eater burst its ways giving an error i cannot play adhoc with my friend :C were using evolve
it always says
A Network Error Has Occurred
(0x80410b09)

help :c

hahaha i have this error 100 times a day on mine party
Get Proadhocserver
Run it (is a black screen)
Copy the IP of the one that is running PROADHCOSERVER
Paste it on Setting>System>change proadhoc server IP

Try to enter game now if not work MP me i will give you a detailed guide from Pastebin
if not can try this one
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...3#pid87673

it says is for Monster hunter but do same just change Monster Hunter words for God eater Burst

♥Join US ♥ party on EVOLVEHQ for ALL MonsterHunters English:

https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:FIlZsoO7VtIqC2x1,party:L5fuksYOCYQWJh_i

♫Status♪ Yuu-Eucliwood Tittles: → Perfect Against Chickens ← ►Kaiser of Heaven&Earth◄
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-18-2015, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 02:15 PM by LapFox.)
Question God Eater Port forwarding halp
hi guys I have few question about port forwarding.
I just tried to play GEB(God Eater Burst) with my friend in hamachi adhoc.
And we can see the team of each other, but when we just press the start, then
it just freeze little bit and get some networking error like host got massage "an networking error was occurred", and other got time out. Angry
So I tried to get in coldbird.net, and my friend could see the team that other made,
but I didn't. So I concluded that I have to get some DMZsetting.

Im using the mobile hotspot, and there has No DMZ setting and just only port forwarding. I thought DMZ just open every port, so I maybe it same that open coldbird port in port forwarding. But I don't know what is the port of coldbird. And also I tried just open every port like 1025 to 65534. And it just makes the internet slowly.
So my question is here
1. my mobile hotspot model is USCC SCH-LC11 (samsung) anyone have this model and have DMZ setting?
2. What can I do with port forwarding to play the god eater burst.
what can I do with this damn thing,,, help me!
02-18-2015, 03:04 PM
RE: God Eater Port forwarding halp
(02-18-2015 02:13 PM)LapFox Wrote:  hi guys I have few question about port forwarding.
I just tried to play GEB(God Eater Burst) with my friend in hamachi adhoc.
And we can see the team of each other, but when we just press the start, then
it just freeze little bit and get some networking error like host got massage "an networking error was occurred", and other got time out. Angry
So I tried to get in coldbird.net, and my friend could see the team that other made,
but I didn't. So I concluded that I have to get some DMZsetting.

Im using the mobile hotspot, and there has No DMZ setting and just only port forwarding. I thought DMZ just open every port, so I maybe it same that open coldbird port in port forwarding. But I don't know what is the port of coldbird. And also I tried just open every port like 1025 to 65534. And it just makes the internet slowly.
So my question is here
1. my mobile hotspot model is USCC SCH-LC11 (samsung) anyone have this model and have DMZ setting?
2. What can I do with port forwarding to play the god eater burst.
what can I do with this damn thing,,, help me!

Firstly, you should know that Hamachi needs 5 ports open to play PPSSPP via Adhoc, i would strongly recommend you to switch to Evolve since the program does everything for you, just install and play. This error may be related to ports closed on both sides. If you have received or sent PPSSPP to a friend please ask them to click a few times on the "Change MAC adress" option inside PPSSPP's "Network" settings, so the emulators will not conflict when playing online by using the same MAC adress.

coldbird.net itself doesn't use any ports, the games that request the emulator to communicate through a port chosen at random by the games themselves. And that's why UPnP support like Evolve does is more than welcome in PPSSPP to avoid the need to use DMZ Host.
Forget opening TCP ports in a wide-range, the games can still use ports TCP <1025. It will not work in some games, DMZ Host is still needed.
02-18-2015, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 03:23 PM by LapFox.)
RE: God Eater Port forwarding halp
(02-18-2015 03:04 PM)lumune Wrote:  Firstly, you should know that Hamachi needs 5 ports open to play PPSSPP via Adhoc, i would strongly recommend you to switch to Evolve since the program does everything for you, just install and play. This error may be related to ports closed on both sides. If you have received or sent PPSSPP to a friend please ask them to click a few times on the "Change MAC adress" option inside PPSSPP's "Network" settings, so the emulators will not conflict when playing online by using the same MAC adress.

coldbird.net itself doesn't use any ports, the games that request the emulator to communicate through a port chosen at random by the games themselves. And that's why UPnP support like Evolve does is more than welcome in PPSSPP to avoid the need to use DMZ Host.
Forget opening TCP ports in a wide-range, the games can still use ports TCP <1025. It will not work in some games, DMZ Host is still needed.

ty I will tried with evolve. I think mac address isn't big problam because I have played multiplay in other game with him. So I will change to that. thx for recommending bro
03-10-2015, 05:38 PM
God Eater Ad-Hoc
I've seen videos online showcasing God Eater Burst online gameplay via PPSSPP (PC). So I am aware that the game works online, but what about Ad-Hoc using the same internet?
I attempted to play online with my brother (In the same house, using the same internet) but it didn't seem to work. It won't let us even go online at the same time. Anytime we both try to go online, it only works for one of us but the other gets stuck on this screen    
At first I thought it was just a coincidence. So we kept trying, in hopes it would finally get us both on, but it was the same thing over and over again. It would only successfully connect     for whoever goes on it first, but whoever tries to it second, gets stuck on the connecting screen.

It probably has something to do with us using the same internet.
Has anyone else here tried and experienced the same thing or is it just me?
03-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-16-2015, 06:56 AM
Requesting Someone to Play God Eater Burst
Its just for fun tho i cant use tunngle because the site is down,i am still new to hamachi and the coldbird.net is the only way -_-