Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wired XBOX 360 Controller (D-Pad Issue) [fixed?]
07-19-2014, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2014 04:30 AM by Elvis_Nilsson.)
RE: Wired XBOX 360 Controller (D-Pad Issue)
Finally a thread with a similar issue to mine (feels related).

I'm using a PS3 controller with Xiput drivers. Everything is working fine. I can map any controller key to anything.

BUT if I try to map any of the Right analog (the ones not normally used) to any of the D-pad defaults, this happens;

Analog control is working as it should (holding up for example is like holding the D-pad up), but the D-pad controls get wierd... Sometimes a button press is registered, sometimes not (like 30% chance) and holding the D-pad button never registers as holding it down (like for fast scrolling in game menus).

This issue occurs even if I for example map down right analog to the D-pad up (in addition, not replacement).

Tested it for 2 different games (Dissidia 012 and FF Type-0) with the same result/behavior.

Using the drivers I got from this place: (nvm, not allowed to post links, google: "XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller")
Though I can't remember which version I have.

Edit: Forgot to mention that only the D-pad button with the added Right analog keybinding is the one acting weird, the ones that are using the default mapping continue to work normally.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wired XBOX 360 Controller (D-Pad Issue) - Elvis_Nilsson - 07-19-2014 04:28 AM