Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Having issues with the emulator after playing a while
01-14-2014, 02:49 AM
Having issues with the emulator after playing a while
    So I've been using PPSSPP for about a month and it's great, but I'm starting to have issues and I'm not sure what to do

I'm playing Tactics Ogre, and I use all 5 save states. A week or so ago I was randomly hitting F1-F12 keys to see what they did because I noticed that one turned sound on, one did a screenshot, one changed to a different state, etc. When something was turned on from off I turned it back on, and when something was turned off from on I turned it back off. But there was frame skipping or something that I couldn't remember the default, and I don't know if that's the issue, but I started getting weird horizontal lines during certain spell animations and on the menu. I lived with it, but now today I tried to figure out what it was and saw something about scanning (CRT), so I checked that. Now there's a green filter everywhere in addition to the lines:

[Image: screen00004.jpg]

When I try to turn it off, nothing happens, it just stays on.

Do I need to reinstall PPSSPP? Or update it? What happens to my save files in my games if I do this? Does anybody know what the issue is?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2014, 03:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2014 03:13 AM by The Phoenix.)
Information RE: Having issues with the emulator after playing a while
Okay it sounds like you activated a Postprocessing shader,
Go to settings in PPSSPP, under the Graphics Tab, Click on Postprocessing shader, and see if its currently ticked under CRT Scanlines, or anything else, if so click on Off to turn that feature off, that should solve your problem, but just to make sure, click on Back, then Exit the emulator.
This will then save how the options are currently, so next time you run PPSSPP, it will re-use the same options as now. Cool
01-16-2014, 02:55 AM
RE: Having issues with the emulator after playing a while
Thanks, that did it

But now, when I load menus in this game, there are weird flickers and images from other parts of the game ... almost like it thinks the disc is corrupted. And sometimes the sound drags along and there are audible blurbs. Should I just deal with it because it's playable or should I reinstall the emulator (or update it?) Will I lose all my saves in the actual iso itself and the save stats in the emulator?
01-16-2014, 04:01 AM
Wait, saves aren't stored in the iso.

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-21-2014, 05:18 AM
(01-16-2014 04:01 AM)Obi55 Wrote:  Wait, saves aren't stored in the iso.

If they're stored in the PPSSPP folder, that must mean if I move / copy them I can uninstall and reinstall the emulator and I should be ok ... right?
01-21-2014, 05:25 AM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2014 05:27 AM by globe94.)
* exactly. Wink

* even if u uninstall the app directly.
* PSP folder will not be deleted.
* so no worries

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~