Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Castlevania dracula X ULKS46155
04-28-2013, 03:50 AM
RE: Castlevania dracula X
(04-19-2013 10:20 PM)Hiruko Wrote:  
(04-19-2013 04:28 PM)elric300 Wrote:  Ah..and good to hear Smile.

Patience...patience is a virtue...

I'm not sure why the boss loading screen does that, but try taking the path to the alternate boss. Either way, you should be able to make it to the boss.

Just out of curiosity, has the hanging persisted for anyone else using 0.7.5 builds? So far, it's been increasingly rare, with the exception of beating Stage 6, loading boss rush (might have to do with how wi-fi is integrated in that mode), and loading Rondo of Blood and SotN.

I taking the path to the alternate boss. however the screen is frozen in the load
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Another thing you can try is quick saving before the boss doors. Even if you get the hang of death after quick saving, just reset the game and the quick save should be there.
05-01-2013, 11:31 AM
crashes when playing the original game e.g. r.o.b, soTn, peke..help! i like to play soTn again! i'm using ipad 2 ppsspp ver0.7.6-266
05-01-2013, 01:47 PM
(04-28-2013 12:56 PM)Hiruko Wrote:  Another thing you can try is quick saving before the boss doors. Even if you get the hang of death after quick saving, just reset the game and the quick save should be there.

I did save just before that. It loads up fine. Then...crashes same as before.

Shame, as it otherwise plays beautifully. I'm still wondering how others got through this and completed the game.
05-24-2013, 08:48 PM
(05-01-2013 01:47 PM)elric300 Wrote:  I did save just before that. It loads up fine. Then...crashes same as before.

Shame, as it otherwise plays beautifully. I'm still wondering how others got through this and completed the game.

Been a while since I check this game, but nothing has changed at all, even with the new git release.

I think I may have narrowed down the boss corridor/beat Shaft freeze bugs. I tried dl'ing a complete save from Gamefaqs and tried to go through Stage 6 again. It actually loaded Stage 7 after beating Shaft. Combined with the rare occurrence of someone getting to the boss corridor of Stage 1, I think what's causing the freeze is the game being unable to handle how certain flags are checked when it's just about to autosave. I'm just speculating about the saving part though, since the log didn't indicate anything other than the netconfig message, but something within the game prevents successful loading unless you load a save with progress BEYOND the freeze point.

As for loading SotN and Rondo, the log shows:
E[HLE]: HLE\sceUmd.cpp:188 UNTESTED 0=sceUmdDeactivate(2, disc0Smile
E[HLE]: HLE\sceDisplay.cpp:673 sceDisplaySetHoldMode(00000001)

Boss Rush hasn't changed, though oitiff's build shows it can load the music for that menu.

Stage 1 still has the display bug with buffered rendering on.

One thing I found odd was that when the game would hang, clicking reset does nothing at all until you click stop, which actually does the reset instead of just loading the cube.
05-24-2013, 09:30 PM
(05-24-2013 08:48 PM)Hiruko Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 01:47 PM)elric300 Wrote:  I did save just before that. It loads up fine. Then...crashes same as before.

Been a while since I check this game, but nothing has changed at all, even with the new git release.

I think I may have narrowed down the boss corridor/beat Shaft freeze bugs. I tried dl'ing a complete save from Gamefaqs and tried to go through Stage 6 again. It actually loaded Stage 7 after beating Shaft. Combined with the rare occurrence of someone getting to the boss corridor of Stage 1, I think what's causing the freeze is the game being unable to handle how certain flags are checked when it's just about to autosave. I'm just speculating about the saving part though, since the log didn't indicate anything other than the netconfig message, but something within the game prevents successful loading unless you load a save with progress BEYOND the freeze point.

As for loading SotN and Rondo, the log shows:
E[HLE]: HLE\sceUmd.cpp:188 UNTESTED 0=sceUmdDeactivate(2, disc0Smile
E[HLE]: HLE\sceDisplay.cpp:673 sceDisplaySetHoldMode(00000001)

Boss Rush hasn't changed, though oitiff's build shows it can load the music for that menu.

Stage 1 still has the display bug with buffered rendering on.

One thing I found odd was that when the game would hang, clicking reset does nothing at all until you click stop, which actually does the reset instead of just loading the cube.

Drat. So running any of the new revisions would still leave me stuck. It feels like a real almost there situation, here.
05-24-2013, 10:08 PM
(05-24-2013 09:30 PM)elric300 Wrote:  Drat. So running any of the new revisions would still leave me stuck. It feels like a real almost there situation, here.

Could be worse... imagine if we still had to deal with invisible enemies?
05-26-2013, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 04:01 PM by Combone.)
Test (Rev. 828)...

[Image: ppssppcastlevaniatest.png]

Thanks Henrik Smile

Now Loading bug fixed (Not Freeze).

Cool
05-26-2013, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 05:26 PM by migcar.)
(05-26-2013 04:00 PM)Combone Wrote:  Test (Rev. 828)...

[Image: ppssppcastlevaniatest.png]

Thanks Henrik Smile

Now Loading bug fixed (Not Freeze).

Cool
fantastic news ! Smile

i tested in 7.6 830 and still freeze...Huh
05-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Sadly, the bug still occurs after beating Shaft, loading boss rush, and loading other games.
05-26-2013, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 06:11 PM by Combone.)
Rev. 828 not freeze here..

[Image: ppssppcastlevaniatest2.png]

PPSSPP.ini

[Sound]
Enable = True
AutoLoadDShow = True
05-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Can you try beating Stage 6 with a fresh save? At least we know for sure anyone can get to the first bosses easily now, so it's still progress. I haven't checked yet, but does Stage 1 still have the split screen with buffered rendering?
05-26-2013, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 06:20 PM by Combone.)
Stage 1 have bug with Buffered Rendering On Sad
05-27-2013, 02:17 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2013 02:28 AM by Darkula.)
I'm using version 841, and it hangs at the Now Loading screen in both directions- right after the two big stone guys or if you drop down to the lower area. Did it work in an earlier version?
05-27-2013, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2013 03:32 AM by Combone.)
(05-27-2013 02:17 AM)Darkula Wrote:  I'm using version 841, and it hangs at the Now Loading screen in both directions- right after the two big stone guys or if you drop down to the lower area. Did it work in an earlier version?

Rev. 828 & Rev. 837

I beat the 2 Stone Giants (1st Stage).

Now Loading Works.