Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BUG in ALL releases of 2014 / backwards save compatibility?
01-07-2014, 02:18 AM
BUG in ALL releases of 2014 / backwards save compatibility?
I'm playing Fate/Extra and the graphics were mostly fine until I tried a new build because someone suggested to get God Eater Burst to run (still crashes during character creation).

Turns out EVERY build in 2014 has a bug where in Fate/Extra the graphics are messed up (more than usual) in the dungeons.
In the top left corner are two smaller parts showing the whole screen yet again, one above the other.
together they cover at least a quarter of the screen.
Also the screen is constantly flickering.

That was not the case in v 0.96-190.
I made the mistake of saving in a new version and overwriting my old save state in 0.96-190.
Now I get an exception every time I try to load my new save state, is there a way to make it compatible for the old version?

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 - Intel i5-4670K 4x 3.40 GHz - GeForce GTX 760- 8GB RAM -
DirectX 11
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2014, 02:33 AM
RE: BUG in ALL releases of 2014 / backwards save compatibility?
No, savestates are not backwards compatible. If you saved normally within the game, it should be, though.

What I'd do is load the new version of the emulator, load the state, and then go somewhere you can save (regular in game save.) Save, and then quit.

Now copy the memstick directory to the place you have the old version of the emulator.

Start the old version, and then instead of using a savestate, just load the game normally.

-[Unknown]
01-07-2014, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2014 10:00 AM by Megidolaon.)
Thanks!
Didn't know you could do that.
And from now on I'll be a lot more careful with saves.

Oh and anyone got an idea what could have introduced this bug?

The worst is, GEB still doesn't work, I can get a single screen further during character creation but PPSSPP still freezes and when I open the task manager I get the message that it stopped working (win 7).

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 - Intel i5-4670K 4x 3.40 GHz - GeForce GTX 760- 8GB RAM -
DirectX 11
01-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Well, Gods Eater Burst (US) works just fine for me creating a new character.

I don't know about Fate/Extra, I don't have it, but you might ask in the topic about the game.

-[Unknown]
01-07-2014, 09:41 PM
About GEB, probably your iso file got corrupted or something... since i dont see the problem when i load GEB and like @[Unknown] it works fine for me too when im trying to create a character

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series