Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Popolocrois
08-26-2014, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 09:11 PM by NickGrouwen.)
RE: Popolocrois
Some slowdown here and there when you enter certain areas like Mansel Village, Pasela and MASSIVE slowdown during battles on the road to Roma, city of Roma)

Hi I'm Belgian and my English is so-so. I play on desktop PC running Windows 8.1. I don't have any technical knowledge
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2014, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 02:09 PM by NickGrouwen.)
Game is playable but it seems like the further I get into it, the more areas I enter where the game slows down alot...it's almost every other area now...

Hi I'm Belgian and my English is so-so. I play on desktop PC running Windows 8.1. I don't have any technical knowledge
09-09-2014, 05:31 PM
"Retain changed textures" (if your device has sufficient memory) should help in this game. In most games it does not help or makes things worse.

Unfortunately, this game is evil.

-[Unknown]
09-09-2014, 07:46 PM
(09-09-2014 05:31 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  "Retain changed textures" (if your device has sufficient memory) should help in this game. In most games it does not help or makes things worse.

-[Unknown]
Thanks but I've tried checking everything on and off and nothing really makes a difference...ah welll I'm just going to keep playing, I'm already pretty far into the game. Maybe by some miracle in a future update it'll work normally...like with Ratchet & Clank Size Matters

09-28-2014, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 06:05 PM by NickGrouwen.)
Oh no -_-" the slowdown is constantly getting progressively worse the further you get into the game. There are hardly any areas where the gameplay is smooth anymore....I'm near the end of the game and it's horrible, right now I'm in Takinen village, I try to exit with no success because it keeps crashing when I attempt to exit >_< it's impossible for me to progress now

I'm going to download the latest build of PPSSPP to try and see if the game magically works well now like is sometimes the case with some games that were unplayable before. Luckily I can just copy the memstick folder.

EDIT Nope no success >_< this sucks
EDIT2 [Unknown] hey thanks I tried out your tip again (the retain changed texture option) and this time it does work! A huge chunk of slowdown is eliminated! Sadly, I still can't exit Takinen village
EDIT3 HOLY F#$^ I MADE IT! It was a save state/emulator problem apparently! What I did was I went to the inn, saved my game there, then reset the emulator and continued with the saved game, now I'm out of the village without the emulator crashing WOOHOO

09-28-2014, 07:11 PM
Does it happen again if you savestate in the same place and try to leave in the latest git build?

If you savestate in an old version, and then upgrade to a new version and load the state, you'll retain some of the old versions bugs. Even if you save state again from the new version, it'll "remember" those bugs until you save the game and load it the normal way.

-[Unknown]
09-28-2014, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 09:53 PM by NickGrouwen.)
(09-28-2014 07:11 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Does it happen again if you savestate in the same place and try to leave in the latest git build?

If you savestate in an old version, and then upgrade to a new version and load the state, you'll retain some of the old versions bugs. Even if you save state again from the new version, it'll "remember" those bugs until you save the game and load it the normal way.

-[Unknown]
Interesting, I see. Yes it did keep crashing when I upgraded to the latest build of the emulator. So I was ready to give up until it hit me that I should just save the game using the game's internal save feature, reset the game and continue from there. Resetting cleared the bugs, I guess. Man I'm such a noob.
Plus thank to the tip you gave me, the slowdown has gotten way more manageableSmile

10-16-2014, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2014 04:47 PM by NickGrouwen.)
Wow today I finally beat the game, managed to play it through all the way. Main problems are slowdown in some areas. As [Unknown] wrote, the retain changed texture option really really helps, and when you're stuck at a certain part of the game because trying to move from one area into another results in the emulator crashing, save (using the game's internal save feature, NOT emulator save states) and reset and it will work.

Excellent game I really enjoyed, can't believe I spent almost 3 months playing it (I don't really play much)!! I did a Google search on Popolocrois and it turns out that just last month a new Popolocrois game has been announced, awesome! Hope it gets a English release.

10-20-2014, 05:07 AM
Ah, that's interesting. I didn't see that.

For anyone else curious:
http://gematsu.com/2014/09/popolocrois-h...ounced-3ds

Note that there's some confusion with Harvest Moon currently (Natsume and etc.) Not sure if this new one will be localized, and if so by XSEED? It seems like wyrdwad might like to have it localized, so we'll find out.

-[Unknown]
04-06-2015, 02:50 AM
slowdown issue still present with current build
v1.0.1-249-gd43368f
04-06-2015, 03:19 AM
(09-09-2014 05:31 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  "Retain changed textures" (if your device has sufficient memory) should help in this game. In most games it does not help or makes things worse.

-[Unknown]

The game did not stop being evil since I posted this. The game won't change, it's always going to be evil. Don't expect that to go away.

-[Unknown]
09-18-2015, 03:30 AM
Trying to transfer sava data from my PSP to PPSSPP...
So basically. I followed the steps in transferring sava data from my physical PSP console, to the PPSSPP Emulator. Unfortunately, the data cannot be found when I hit load game. It's save data from "Popolocriois."

I copied the files from my PSP via USB to the PPSSPP Memstick/SAVADATA folder.

Please help! Confused
09-18-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: Trying to transfer sava data from my PSP to PPSSPP...
Maybe is not the same version? I downloaded someone data for Danball Senki W and happened game was not same ver
09-18-2015, 12:25 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
09-19-2015, 02:16 AM
Should be memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA. Not memstick/SAVEDATA.

-[Unknown]