Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
There is a C++ based PSP emulator at last
11-02-2012, 04:45 PM
There is a C++ based PSP emulator at last
Hello there. I'm glad to be one of the first members on this forums, and to have the first post on this section. Don't worry, I do not intend to spam. Smile

So far the only working PSP emulator is JPCSP, which is slow like hell, despite the weak hardware of the PSP. I don't see any point of an emulator written in Java, except for being cross-platform. The C++ port of JPCSP, namely PCSP, seems to be dead. But finally, a new C++ based PSP emulator is on the making. What impresses me is Android support. I am kinda concern about Android these days. I must admit that I feel frustrating playing games on an Android device with no button, but if the emulator could support something like a DualShock 3, it would be fun.

Although only 2 games are playable at the moment, PPSSPP looks promising. Hopefully in the next 2 years we can play most commercial games on our PC with it, especially the exclusive ones like God of War. I know this forum is like other emulator forums, which do not support piracy. But we all know what an emulator is for... Tongue

Hopefully many talent programmers will join the project soon. Keep up the good work!

/to Henrik I am very interested in emulation programming, but I don't have time to. I see you, as well as other open source emulator programmers, have been working for many projects, one after another. There's nothing wrong but do you not have any real life job to do? I'm curious.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2012, 06:35 PM
RE: There is a C++ based PSP emulator at last
Hi!

Agree with you about the Java thing Smile

There's no reason PPSSPP can't support the external game pads that are supported by Android in the future.

About the time, I did the majority of the work on Dolphin 2003-2004 when I was studying at university and had plenty of time Smile Since open sourcing it I haven't really touched it in many years.

Back in 2006 I did have some time too, still not having finished university (did that in 2007), and I wrote a basic PSP emulator which never really went anywhere. However I have now resurrected that code, cleaned it up and ported it to android and fixed a lot of things, and released it as PPSSPP. It didn't take THAT much time, but since I know I won't be able to work on it as much as I worked on Dolphin, I figured it was time to release it even if it's a bit early. Hopefully it will gather a community to work on it just like Dolphin did. I will chip in some work from time to time on it but I do have real life stuff to do as well Smile
11-02-2012, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 09:00 PM by Boriswinner.)
Hello!
Awesome project!
I've made a thread on 4pda:
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=394606
Today i'll test it on Incredible S
P.s. you should make fps counter and start to numerate the app's version.
And better concentrate on Android.
11-02-2012, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 11:23 PM by Boriswinner.)
And Henrik, I really like your project and I'd like to help as I can Smile
I'm not a programmer, but I can moderate the forum and promote it on other forums)
P.s. Incredible S the cube demo works.
11-03-2012, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 11:42 AM by Torrente.)
Thank you Henrik

A pity we did not Henrik 100% of the time this project.Wink
11-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Just joined in.

What can I say, This is really awesome and please, don't die or dissapear with this project!
We can help you, get recognition, get developer help and even make it worthwile.

And thank you for your time!
11-04-2012, 01:26 AM
is that real
11-04-2012, 07:30 AM
thanks for you great work bro Big Grin
i wish u could release an ios version