Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Android/Nvidia Shield PPSSPP Control Mapping Issue
12-31-2013, 06:20 AM
Android/Nvidia Shield PPSSPP Control Mapping Issue
Hello all, first thank you for all the work that has gone into PPSSPP, you guys have made some of my dreams come true!

I use PPSSPP on my Nvidia Shield and mainly play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite/Portable 3rd on it. PPSSPP allows you to map functions to multiple buttons, however, the Android version with use of the Nvidia Shield Controller, doesn't let that function work. Main example is in Monster Hunter, I duplicate my D-Pad mapping to the right analog stick, so I can control the camera. Only the last button set works in the game. This feature works fine on Windows. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry if this has been posted before.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: Android/Nvidia Shield PPSSPP Control Mapping Issue
Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm very inexperienced at this or I might interpret the problem incorrectly. You can't do that because the 2 analogs on Nvidia Shield share the same input for non-fully-optimized apps, such is the PPSSPP.
Might work if you use some kinda Bluez IME app on the market, like Gamepad Enabler for example (requires root) or some equivalence of Moga VK for Moga devices.
Hopefully you will be able to find a solution to your problem though. Big Grin
01-01-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: Android/Nvidia Shield PPSSPP Control Mapping Issue
Thanks for the reply,

I don't think this is the cause of the issue because the problem is between the D-Pad and the right analog. Left analog has no issues, and if configured with only the right analog as the D-Pad, both analogs work fine together.