Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
0.6.1 released
02-03-2013, 11:23 PM
RE: 0.6.1 released
Nice video jeje, Henrik is a genius, and the other devs no doubt.

Step by Step

thanks for all, and remember see the evolution is probably one of the best stuff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 08:58 PM
pls am new here, hw can i load ma roms file to play d game on ppsspp application.Am Using Nokia C7-00 Symbian pls guyz
02-06-2013, 10:31 AM
No warez here, so use your psp to dump your umds to isos and put them on your phone.
02-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Does this version support intel x86 android phones
02-16-2013, 02:39 PM
I have one question.. When will multithreading be added, in what version? Is PPSSPP using only 1 core when JIT (dynarec) is enabled on windows? If some games are running 40-60 FPS on my PC, will they work full speed (60 FPS) when multithreading is added?
P.S. I had to write here, cuz i didn't found any thread about multithreading, and i didn't want to make a new one. Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.

PC Specs:

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 (Sapphire Vapor-X)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.9GHz (OC)
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz
MB: ASRock AB350 Pro4
02-16-2013, 03:18 PM
multi threading is not planned for anytime soon because it would make development harder, it's much easier to focus on single core performance first and once it's stable add multi threading.
02-16-2013, 06:14 PM
srdjan1995, which games aren't running at 60 fps on your PC? If it's limited on the GPU side, even using multiple cores might not solve it.

That said, Fat Princess seems to not go full speed for me (although close) and it's because of the VFPU AFAICT. That's because the VFPU isn't really jitted yet. My recent changes have improved its speed slightly, and improving it more won't be hard.

For comparison, based on a profile of Fat Princess (on my ivy 3.4Ghz / 9800 GT), moving the GPU to a second core has the best-case potential to save 10% (as current), and probably not that much since there's overhead with multicore.

In contrast, properly jitting vmin, vmax, vmov, and vneg has the potential to save at least 10%. Overall the game is spending almost 40% of its time in the VFPU, which is significant, and much more time than it's spending with the GPU. So for this game at least, VFPU jit would be much more important than multicore AFAICT on Windows.

On mobile, can't know without a profile. It can vary by hardware and platform.

-[Unknown]
02-16-2013, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2013 10:18 AM by Carter07.)
Interesting, what profiler do you use for windows?
How can I know if a game is making heavy use of VFPU or floating point operations?

The only game I found is not running full speed on my i3 2100 is NBA 2K13 (30 fps).
Other "relatively slow" games are Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Mobile Suit Gundam and MotoGp witch runs at about 80 fps instead of the usual 250-300+ fps, also Final Fantasy Crisis Core is slower in some cutscenes (80-90 fps).
02-16-2013, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2013 07:43 PM by [Unknown].)
Well, Henrik suggested VerySleepy to me which I quite like. There's also vsperfcmd/vsinstr/etc. which comes with Visual Studio but it's quite slow.

http://www.codersnotes.com/sleepy

To get started:

1. Compile PPSSPPWindows yourself, or get the pdb from the build you're using.
2. Get the game in game (to avoid loading screens, etc. which matter too but aren't the main cause of bad fps.)
3. Open VerySleepy.
4. Make sure under Tools -> Options it's got the Microsoft symbol server setup.
5. Select PPSSPPWindows.exe in VerySleepy.
6. Look for the thread using the most CPU usage. There will be many other threads, but those are possibly on other cores, so just select the one thread using the most CPU.
7. Let it sample a while, possibly holding TAB. Moving around and interacting is best.
8. Stop the profiler.

At this point, you should be looking at a list of functions. I won't explain all the ins and outs of using a profiler, but the things at the top will roughly be what uses the most walltime (seconds, not cpu time.) If Sleep is at the top, you weren't holding tab.

If you only see things like "[029C003B]", you're missing symbols (the pdb.)

If you see "WriteVector", "ReadVector", "WriteMatrix", "ReadMatrix", "MIPSInt::Int_V*" etc. at the top, it's spending time in the VFPU.

If you see things like "VertexDecoder", "IndexGenerator", "ShaderManager", "TransformDrawEngine", "GPUCommon" and "GLES_GPU", it's spending a lot of time in the emulated GPU.

If you see things like "[029C003B]", check the "Module" column. If it's PPSSPPWindows.exe (and there are other named functions showing under that module), this means it's spending a lot of time in jitted code. This may be a bug making it spin and drink cycles. If the "Module" is something else, it's most probably your video card driver (which could potentially be improved by multicore, or by optimizing GPU usage.)

If you see "QuickTexHash" or "CityHash32" it's probably not doing well on caching.

You could see other things at the top as well, though. You could see for example "fread" if it's doing too much IO, or "CallSyscall" if it's going crazy on syscalls.

-[Unknown]
02-16-2013, 08:42 PM
(02-16-2013 06:14 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  srdjan1995, which games aren't running at 60 fps on your PC? If it's limited on the GPU side, even using multiple cores might not solve it.

That said, Fat Princess seems to not go full speed for me (although close) and it's because of the VFPU AFAICT. That's because the VFPU isn't really jitted yet. My recent changes have improved its speed slightly, and improving it more won't be hard.

For comparison, based on a profile of Fat Princess (on my ivy 3.4Ghz / 9800 GT), moving the GPU to a second core has the best-case potential to save 10% (as current), and probably not that much since there's overhead with multicore.

In contrast, properly jitting vmin, vmax, vmov, and vneg has the potential to save at least 10%. Overall the game is spending almost 40% of its time in the VFPU, which is significant, and much more time than it's spending with the GPU. So for this game at least, VFPU jit would be much more important than multicore AFAICT on Windows.

On mobile, can't know without a profile. It can vary by hardware and platform.

-[Unknown]

Games that aren't running full speed on my PC are: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (about 45-50 FPS, mostly 50 FPS), Gundam vs Gundam (40-60 FPS.. It drops to 40 when some robots activate some big circles all over field.. All tought it runs 55-60 FPS when no circles).. Haven't tried NBA 2K13, so i can't say how much it would run on my PC...
My specs are:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ 2,30GHz (OC'ed)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce XFX GT 240 512MB GDDR5 (OC'ed, but FPS on PPSSPP are same when it's stock)
RAM: 3GB DDR2
I belive this PC should be good enough to run PPSSPP properly.. Maybe not at the moment, but later when speed improves. What do u think?

PC Specs:

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 (Sapphire Vapor-X)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.9GHz (OC)
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz
MB: ASRock AB350 Pro4
02-16-2013, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2013 10:04 PM by Carter07.)
[Unknown] thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. Smile
It's strange but the build compiled by me is a LOT slower maybe 1/10 speed, even without profiler running. Huh
Here a profile of Final fantasy crisis core, holding tab was unuseful because game was running at 15 fps

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Hmm.. that's almost definitely a debug build, which will be much slower. Typically a debug profile doesn't tell you much about release since compiler optimization can really kill some slow things.

It actually spend 6.24% of its time sleeping so you must've gotten 60 fps for at least part of the profile.

Also, you selected all threads afaict, which makes the profile harder to read imho. Make sure to click "Profile Selected" not "Profile All".

-[Unknown]
02-17-2013, 08:59 AM
ok thanks, I'll try with a non debug build.
If I find something interesting I`ll let you know.
02-18-2013, 10:12 AM
hi all,
I like to give feedback that ppsspp v0.61 work and run better speed on samsung galaxy y phone but with one problem which is it does not correctly scale to the phone resolution 240x320. please help? hope someone can fix it.keep up the good work.
02-18-2013, 10:24 AM
I filed an issue so that it doesn't get forgotten: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/731