Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Installing DLC for Idolm@ster SP
12-25-2013, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2015 02:28 PM by vnctdj.)
Installing DLC for Idolm@ster SP
I'm a little bit confused as to how to properly install DLC for this game or how to know if it's actually installed. So I have the folder with the DLC inside it and the folder is the same name as the games savedata (ULJS001670000) except without the 0's at the end, not sure if that matters or not (tell me if it does). I've made the GAME folder and placed it in memstick > PSP and then inside that GAME folder is the DLC folder. Then there's this other file called EBOOT.BIN, which I'm not sure what I have to do with that which is leaving me stumped. There's a text doc that says what to do but I don't understand it.

"As Download Plus patch is needed to execute all DLCs, use the EBOOT.BIN to replace that of iso"

If I try and launch this .bin some text pops up and the only thing I can do is go back, and I can't read the text cause it's in Japanese. I am using the Windows version of PPSSPP. Any help would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2013, 02:13 PM
RE: Installing DLC for Idolmaster SP
If the zeroes are in one place, they must be in the other. As for the eboot problem, I can't help you there.

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-27-2013, 04:30 PM
RE: Installing DLC for Idolmaster SP
(12-25-2013 07:21 AM)swiftwinter Wrote:  I'm a little bit confused as to how to properly install DLC for this game or how to know if it's actually installed. So I have the folder with the DLC inside it and the folder is the same name as the games savedata (ULJS001670000) except without the 0's at the end, not sure if that matters or not (tell me if it does). I've made the GAME folder and placed it in memstick > PSP and then inside that GAME folder is the DLC folder. Then there's this other file called EBOOT.BIN, which I'm not sure what I have to do with that which is leaving me stumped. There's a text doc that says what to do but I don't understand it.

"As Download Plus patch is needed to execute all DLCs, use the EBOOT.BIN to replace that of iso"

If I try and launch this .bin some text pops up and the only thing I can do is go back, and I can't read the text cause it's in Japanese. I am using the Windows version of PPSSPP. Any help would be appreciated.

DLC's location can vary between PSP/GAME folder or PSP/SAVEDATA, so if one location doesn't work, try the other. Now, if I understand correctly you need either to update your iso in order to make dlcs work (a task you can accomplish by using isotool on a real PSP (PPSSPP can't handle updating isos through isotool yet) or you need to overwrite the eboot.bin of the iso with the one you got there (you can use umdgen for this task).

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
Find all posts by this user