Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Keyboard shortcut conflict (e.g. Ctrl+W)
12-25-2013, 05:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2013 05:28 AM by Therry.)
Keyboard shortcut conflict (e.g. Ctrl+W)
Hi everyone!
I'm simply amazed by the sudden leap in PPSSPP's performance, so that even my 3-year old Intel HD graphics laptop can smoothly play KH:BbS! Congrats!

I hope this is the relevant section to discuss this:

I am using my keyboard to play and have mapped "Ctrl" and "W" to "D-pad left" and "Triangle" respectively.

Problem is, pressing both in-game has accidentaly caused the emulation to stop many times (as intended of course, since Ctrl+W is a shortcut for "Emulation->Stop").

I already looked everywhere and cannot find a solution. Even if I were to move the entire control mapping somewhere differently, this would eventually happen again, as Ctrl seems to interact with many letters all over the keyboard.

How would I be able to, let's say, prevent the emulator from "listening" to keyboard shortcuts while playing?

Thanks in advance for replies - Hope the solution is not to ditch "Ctrl" as a control..
Happy Christmas to all!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2013, 07:19 AM
RE: Keyboard shortcut conflict (e.g. Ctrl+W)
If you take a look here: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3252 you will see that this feature, being able to configure hotkeys, has been requested but not implemented yet.
Unfortunately for you right now the only option you have is to ditch the Ctrl key.
02-16-2014, 12:37 PM
RE: Keyboard shortcut conflict (e.g. Ctrl+W)
I have the same problem my CTRL key is Circle button and W is analog forward. First i was wondering whats happening all the time then i realized it must be some hidden keyboard shortcut. (Is there a way to see all the hidden shortcuts so i can map my keys differently?) I also noticed that backspace button and delete button are recognized as the same key when you try to map them.