Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Minimum hardware requirement for Android
12-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Minimum hardware requirement for Android
I apologize if this has been already answered, but I need to know what would be the minimum hardware requirement for running PPSSPP on android.

I have a 7-inch tablet running Android 4.0.4 with a Cortex A8 1.5 Ghtz Dual Core Processor and a Mali-400MP GPU, but most games I've played ran extremely slow. Even less demanding games like Harvest Moon Hero of Leaf Valley, Lumines, Loco Roco, Patapon was slow. More demanding 3d games like Crisis Core was practically unplayable.

I understand that some users have managed to run 3d PSP games on their android devices on full speed. Under the current condition, what sort of android hardware would be the minimum requirement to run PSP games in playable speed?

Happy holidays everyone and thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2013, 06:56 PM
RE: Minimum hardware requirement for Android
it's impossible to say.
with the right settings your tablet should be able to run some games perfectly, but there are also games that wouldn't even run smooth on a supercomputer.
and how "heavy" a game looks says nothing.
project diva for example looks very demanding but runs smooth on many devices, while luxor looks simple but has choppy audio and requires frameskipping.

i'd imagine the locoroco characters(i don't know what those fruity blobs are called) are actually quite demanding despite being flat 2D images on the screen.
12-28-2013, 01:46 PM
did you enabled multi threading? it can help very much too speed up and smooth up, if it not satisfy you try the frame skipping,
hope these help you,
12-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Multithread still is very experimental. It cause issues on some games, such speed down, imcopatibility, and others.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
12-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Mali-400MP imo is too weak, it struggles to get 12fps in Riptide GP 2 on my A13 with FaaastJB v2.5, Jelly Bean 4.2.2 overclocked and reduced to 120dpi so for ppsspp it's next to useless.