Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
11-03-2015, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 09:14 AM by AdamN.)
RE: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
I have updated my builds once again (the links are still the same) to separate the adhoc matching event's buffer, and now i can play with 6xPPSSPP Big Grin atleast with 32bit version, while 64bit version have 1 player crashed Sad
It seems 32bit is more stable than 64bit.

PS: I wonder if you can get more than 6 players Big Grin my laptop can't even run 6 instance at full speed Sad my poor laptop (i3-2330M, geforce 610m 1gb, 12gb ram)

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2015, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 05:55 PM by Shinoda.)
(11-03-2015 04:08 AM)AdamN Wrote:  The port offset is used to prevent PPSSPP (PSP games) from using privileged port (<1024) which usually requires Admin rights and to prevent the game using an already used port (ie. there are games that use port 80 where some people using it for web server)
For example, if the game normally using port 80 with port shift = 5000 the actual port will be used by the game will be 5080 (and hopefully that port isn't being used by other application also), the game it self will choose the port they wanna use, emulator can only shift it.
So if you wanna use port shifting make sure to set it to 1024 or higher (i recommend higher than 5000), And all players need to use the same port offset in order to communicate properly.

Useful info to have. I thought port offset might be helpful in some way.

(11-03-2015 04:08 AM)AdamN Wrote:  I tried running 2x 64bit + 2x 32bit on localhost and didn't have any issue starting group battle (i tried round robin (3 rounds) this time), but after a few seconds in battle i did get network sync issue Sad

We figured that one out last night. Had one 32 bit person on one of the groups... first battle went fine since those fighting were both using 64 bit, when the 32 bit dude started his match against a 64 bit, desync after a few seconds of battle starting.

Just 1 on 1s through lobby desync that way if one uses 32 and the other uses 64.

--

Not sure if we're gonna do testing tonight, Finding 4 people that are willing to download a test build and mess about just for testing at the same time can be difficult when most just want to play.

I had a thought earlier today. The problem could just be UDP being UDP. Packet loss. in a localhost environment, it's more likely that all the required packets will get to destination but online, more distance, more chances of delivery failure.
11-05-2015, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 12:03 AM by xfxradeon.)
(11-03-2015 05:53 PM)Shinoda Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 04:08 AM)AdamN Wrote:  The port offset is used to prevent PPSSPP (PSP games) from using privileged port (<1024) which usually requires Admin rights and to prevent the game using an already used port (ie. there are games that use port 80 where some people using it for web server)
For example, if the game normally using port 80 with port shift = 5000 the actual port will be used by the game will be 5080 (and hopefully that port isn't being used by other application also), the game it self will choose the port they wanna use, emulator can only shift it.
So if you wanna use port shifting make sure to set it to 1024 or higher (i recommend higher than 5000), And all players need to use the same port offset in order to communicate properly.

Useful info to have. I thought port offset might be helpful in some way.

(11-03-2015 04:08 AM)AdamN Wrote:  I tried running 2x 64bit + 2x 32bit on localhost and didn't have any issue starting group battle (i tried round robin (3 rounds) this time), but after a few seconds in battle i did get network sync issue Sad

We figured that one out last night. Had one 32 bit person on one of the groups... first battle went fine since those fighting were both using 64 bit, when the 32 bit dude started his match against a 64 bit, desync after a few seconds of battle starting.

Just 1 on 1s through lobby desync that way if one uses 32 and the other uses 64.

--

Not sure if we're gonna do testing tonight, Finding 4 people that are willing to download a test build and mess about just for testing at the same time can be difficult when most just want to play.

I had a thought earlier today. The problem could just be UDP being UDP. Packet loss. in a localhost environment, it's more likely that all the required packets will get to destination but online, more distance, more chances of delivery failure.

Great work AdamN! I've just started getting into this game and loaded the 64 bit version on my emu and its working great.

Please feel free to test out livepsp.net if you can. I also have a new chat system on the website as well. Just use the same address.

Connect to me:
http://liveoriginal.org/ - Personal Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2015, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 06:06 AM by Sys-XN.)
(11-03-2015 09:00 AM)AdamN Wrote:  I have updated my builds once again. . .
Tested the builds the night you updated them, sorry I couldn't post sooner. They worked out great after sorting through some complications (mainly getting people to:

1: make a copy of their PPSSPP folder
2: DL the nightly build and Visual C+, then putting the nightly build in the copy folder, replacing the old build
3: replacing the nightly build with your most current build, all to keep the current network settings)

We were able to cap out at 5 people at once Smile Everyone's IP seems to be A-OK to use, everyone entered ASAP after the room was made for this to be successful, etc. I will continuously update with error reports (including any bugs/glitches encountered) if we have more connection issues and also report if 5v5 / 10 people is possible in one game with this build. Really great job AdamN, I approve of your efforts Smile
11-05-2015, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 03:09 PM by Shinoda.)
I really appreciate your efforts as well. I'm sure every dissidia player out there do, wether or not they know all the efforts you're putting into this. Same goes for all the testers we've had help us out.

As one of the few main twitch streamers of DDFF, this will help with playing with viewers if we can get a full 5v5 thing going with minimal hassle when the fork get implemented in an official release.

All that's missing is an idiot-proof. (how do I hamachi?!) connecting mechanism and everything is golden. But that's another topic. Maybe we could just compile a rar file with everything could do the job...
11-09-2015, 06:56 AM
Hi! A friend an I have been having this issue trying to play Dissidia 012. We've tried using both 1.1.1 standard, and AdamN's 1.1.1-222 build. Sometimes I have trouble seeing him, other times, we challenge each other to a match, and we get a white screen instead of character select (music still playing).

We have tried using both coldbird.net and livepsp.net to connect, both result in roughly the same. We've tried enabling/disabling multithreaded, changing mac addresses, trying both the 32-bit and 64-bit clients. Neither one of us can figure out why it keeps locing up on us. Can you please help?
11-10-2015, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2015 01:43 AM by Shinoda.)
(11-09-2015 06:56 AM)feyr666 Wrote:  Hi! A friend an I have been having this issue trying to play Dissidia 012. We've tried using both 1.1.1 standard, and AdamN's 1.1.1-222 build. Sometimes I have trouble seeing him, other times, we challenge each other to a match, and we get a white screen instead of character select (music still playing).

We have tried using both coldbird.net and livepsp.net to connect, both result in roughly the same. We've tried enabling/disabling multithreaded, changing mac addresses, trying both the 32-bit and 64-bit clients. Neither one of us can figure out why it keeps locing up on us. Can you please help?

Have whoever is challenging set-up DMZ to their PCs on their router. Not exactly a safe thing to do from a security perspective but that will solve your problem.

Alternativly, use Hamachi, make a room so you both VPN to eachother and have one of you check the "Enable Pro Ad-Hoc Server" in the network settings, connecting to him through the IP that Hamachi gives you.

If DMZ and VPN are just random letters to you, look up the pinned thread in the "Ad-Hoc Multiplayer" section of the forums for a guide to set up Hamachi. (Ignoring the downlod for Pro Ad-Hoc Server now that it's built in with a simple checkmark and entering the IP being possible from within the emulator itself as well). Just make sure to both be running the same version of the emulator and build (32 or 64bit)

And if you still don't get it, sorry man, can't help you. That's why I mentioned what I did at the end of my last post.

(11-02-2015 11:30 PM)AdamN Wrote:  In Group Battle this is what the game did:

* Host (who create a room) will broadcast UDP data to everyone in the same Group on AdhocServer (usually everyone playing the same game) using port 1 every few seconds.

* Client (who scan for rooms) will bind to port 1 and when receiving the broadcasted data from Host will show a room in the screen.

* When Host started the battle, Host will delete the room and bind to port 1,2,3 (UDP) and 4 (TCP) and Clients will automatically try to connect to these ports on Host (when client detects that the battle has been started) and communicate for the rest of the battle using these ports.
If one of the client failed to connect to these ports on Host the rest of the players will stuck unable to start the battle.
(11-03-2015 04:08 AM)AdamN Wrote:  And i was mistaken the port Dissidia 012 using is port 100-103 instead of 1-4 Big Grin 1-4 is the socket id

I just had an idea about that but it might be one hell of a stretch...

Would it be possible with someone that has programming knowledge to do some rom-hacky stuff into the ISO and change how all of that works? Make it so the Pro Ad-Hoc server STAYS server for everything? Let IT handle server-related stuff? Since, from the looks of it, and the looks of the testing i've done on my end, when there's say, a 1 on 1 battle, the Pro Ad-Hoc server hosts the rooms but once a battle is initiated, the challenger becomes "Server". The reason challengers have to DMZ on their router if they aren't using a VPN with all ports opened. Probably would also fix the group battle system as well.

I know this would be a massive undertaking but it would make things much easier for everyone else afterwards.
11-11-2015, 09:41 PM
I've always had DMZ on on my computer active, I host a lot of servers and it's been kind of necessary. Even if I challenge him, we still get the white screen. I guess we'll have to try hamachi.
11-12-2015, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2015 12:23 AM by xfxradeon.)
(11-11-2015 09:41 PM)feyr666 Wrote:  I've always had DMZ on on my computer active, I host a lot of servers and it's been kind of necessary. Even if I challenge him, we still get the white screen. I guess we'll have to try hamachi.

You should NEVER DMZ a server for any reason... You have to setup port forwarding for your applications that run off your machine. That's how it works. Otherwise you run the risk of being attacked through a port you have no control over.

Connect to me:
11-12-2015, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2015 01:57 PM by Shinoda.)
The problem with Dissidia is that for 1 on 1 battles, the Ports it uses are somewhat random. Sniffed couple of match ups. They seem to be within a certain range but couldn't do enough research to figure what the actual range is. That creates the problem with Port Forwarding. Every new matchup gets a port assigned to both players by the server and host (not server) waits for guest (client) to connect to it on that port, turning Host into what is now essentially a server at that point for the duration of the matchup. There's no exact port to Forward or open with Dissidia. Hence DMZ. I'll do more research soon since we're getting deeper into it and I'm not alone looking into this now and share what I find.

The rooms themselves I think use a static port, which is why players can see eachother before a challenge is made. After challenge is accepted, "Challenger" takes the role of server at "port whatever" pro ad-hoc server and/or the game itself give them...
11-12-2015, 08:38 PM
(11-12-2015 01:36 PM)Shinoda Wrote:  The problem with Dissidia is that for 1 on 1 battles, the Ports it uses are somewhat random. Sniffed couple of match ups. They seem to be within a certain range but couldn't do enough research to figure what the actual range is. That creates the problem with Port Forwarding. Every new matchup gets a port assigned to both players by the server and host (not server) waits for guest (client) to connect to it on that port, turning Host into what is now essentially a server at that point for the duration of the matchup. There's no exact port to Forward or open with Dissidia. Hence DMZ. I'll do more research soon since we're getting deeper into it and I'm not alone looking into this now and share what I find.

The rooms themselves I think use a static port, which is why players can see eachother before a challenge is made. After challenge is accepted, "Challenger" takes the role of server at "port whatever" pro ad-hoc server and/or the game itself give them...

I managed to sniff out 3 ports that went out and back for this :

53672 from client to server through port 80
From server port 80 back to client through 53672

53673 from client to server through port 80
From server port 80 back to client through 53673

and

53671 from client to server through port 80
From server port 80 back to client through 53671

These were transmission requests to connect to the server from the client that I just performed.

Through the Keep Alive TCP connection the client uses is port 53698 to 27312(which this is the Adhoc Pro server at this point.) then from 27312 back out to 53698 to the client. I am assuming that this is then the lobby port.

I need more people to help test with me so I can capture ports that this game is using. I will also be in the chat for direct communication as well.

Connect to me:
11-13-2015, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2015 12:33 PM by Shinoda.)
I'm in class right now and had a rather busy week here so I haven't been able to test much. I got your im so I'll add you to Skype you when I have the time.

Your looking at it from the pro ad hoc side right? Not from the players themselves? Here's the most basic tests if like too do.

No port shifting ( or offset from the latest beta build), Hamachi for full open ports without firewall/ or port forward need.

I act as pro adhoc server.
I initiate challenge
have a match because we're there
close match
other person challenge me
fight
close match
other person host Pro ad hoc server
I challenge
match
close
other challenges
close

Rince and repeat everything over and over until patterns emerge and a port range can be determined
11-21-2015, 08:18 PM
Sooo Me and a friend tried to play today.
We tried everything.
Using PPSSPP's adhoc, downloading adhoc, downloading the other version of PPSSPP (Pretty much everything but DMZ'ing which I dont feel comfy doing)
We saw One Match before disconnecting.
The rest just white-screened.
Any fixes?
11-24-2015, 09:56 PM
I wonder if there is anyone who could help me update the Pro-adHoc build.. There might be a few exceptions that might need to be implemented for the game to communicate better with when joining a server instead another client.

Connect to me:
11-28-2015, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2015 07:00 PM by Dannington.)
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to set up dissidia to play with my roommates. Either local LAN or two clients running on the same PC.

I've been trying to set up two instances on the same PC, but hit a white screen after accepting a challenge. Is it possible to play 1v1 on the same PC? Or am I missing something. I'm using the adhoc-local version of ppsspp..

Could someone recommend the settings for either LAN or Local PC multiplayer? Or both if you're really cool Smile