Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
final fantasy type-0 iso merge file issue
12-22-2013, 02:45 PM
RE: final fantasy type-0 iso merge file issue
Actually is just how sceIoSeek work, I thought I was implemented in previous versions, but from what I've tested it can't seek over the 2GB limit. In fact, the real PSP can't either, and that's why the last version of the merged ISO requires the Inferno UMD driver in order to work with no problems; that one can seek alright.

Note that the merged ISO should boot alright in PPSSPP (I do all my testing there), the only problem is that some videos (the ones placed beyond the 2GB limit) will give you a black screen (you can still skip them anyway, there is no other data beside videos in the unreachable segment of the UMD). Again, with the Inferno UMD driver everything will work as intended.

Messing around with sceIoSeek should enable the emulator to run the merged ISO just like the original UMD, but then again, this is the only case, that I know, where seeking over 2GB would be required, so implementing support for it might sound unnecessary xD

~Sky
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: final fantasy type-0 iso merge file issue - SkyBladeCloud - 12-22-2013 02:45 PM