Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 4.27 Average
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (MHFU)
06-06-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
(06-06-2014 06:49 PM)barbanium Wrote:  Make sure you and all other players are NOT using save states and unthrottle/alternative speed (to speed up) when in game. Otherwise, there will be sync issues.

Only use alternative speed = 25% when the "now loading" screen appears which is before the quest starts. Smile

Thanks, that fixed the weird sync issues.

Alright, I've got another question. Is it possible to just port forward the whole process and have the ad-hoc server run on a dedicated PC instead of on a Hamachi-like thing? Has it been done before, if it's even possible? I'm more than willing to at least try.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2014, 08:59 PM
(06-06-2014 08:13 PM)Bunny447 Wrote:  Alright, I've got another question. Is it possible to just port forward the whole process and have the ad-hoc server run on a dedicated PC instead of on a Hamachi-like thing? Has it been done before, if it's even possible? I'm more than willing to at least try.

I'm not sure but I thinks it impossible today but maybe in 1 or 2 years.
how I have say, I'm not sure what i advance but with a friend, I have Test to play online without tunngle but I fail so If You find a solution, I'm Intersted Too.

If The world don't want to me is because I don't want this world

♈ Intel Core i7 | 4GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M | Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64
♍ PSP-3000 | 6.60 PRO-C2
♒ Motorolla Moto G | Android 4.4 (KitKat)
06-06-2014, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2014 09:17 PM by Bunny447.)
(06-06-2014 08:59 PM)Lightnyng Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 08:13 PM)Bunny447 Wrote:  Alright, I've got another question. Is it possible to just port forward the whole process and have the ad-hoc server run on a dedicated PC instead of on a Hamachi-like thing? Has it been done before, if it's even possible? I'm more than willing to at least try.

I'm not sure but I thinks it impossible today but maybe in 1 or 2 years.
how I have say, I'm not sure what i advance but with a friend, I have Test to play online without tunngle but I fail so If You find a solution, I'm Intersted Too.

Believe it or not, but I might just have gotten it to work, but I need someone outside of my network to try. Would you like to try? Do you have Steam or anything of the sort? A bit easier to communicate that way when testing.
06-07-2014, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 06:55 AM by Lightnyng.)
Sorry I don't have Steam but If you have a tunngle account we can just use when instant messager. but do you talk me what is your country for disponibility to Try your solution ?
I thinks it's better if Test with more player, the best is to try with 4 player for check if the solution work without restrict player

♈ Intel Core i7 | 4GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M | Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64
♍ PSP-3000 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-07-2014, 08:59 AM
(06-07-2014 06:53 AM)Lightnyng Wrote:  Sorry I don't have Steam but If you have a tunngle account we can just use when instant messager. but do you talk me what is your country for disponibility to Try your solution ?
I thinks it's better if Test with more player, the best is to try with 4 player for check if the solution work without restrict player

How about Skype?

I'm from the Netherlands, but it shouldn't matter too much. We should first try with just you and me, and if it works try with a few more.
06-07-2014, 09:57 AM
(06-07-2014 08:59 AM)Bunny447 Wrote:  How about Skype?

I'm from the Netherlands, but it shouldn't matter too much. We should first try with just you and me, and if it works try with a few more.

I don't have Skype Confused, I can talk with you with jabber or if you use Gmail my jabber can communicate with hangout
If you want I can ask to my friend to test with us if he can but I thinks I can Test With You Monday or maybe today in function of the hours of you want test.
I'm from France So we are the same time, it's cool Big Grin

♍ PSP-3000 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-07-2014, 09:59 AM
(06-07-2014 09:57 AM)Lightnyng Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 08:59 AM)Bunny447 Wrote:  How about Skype?

I don't have Skype Confused, I can talk with you with jabber or if you use Gmail my jabber can communicate with hangout
If you want I can ask to my friend to test with us if he can but I thinks I can Test With You Monday or maybe today in function of the hours of you want test.
I'm from France So we are the same time, it's cool Big Grin

Yes, I use Gmail but no promises I'll be able to do it today, but maybe in the evening. If your friend would also like to test, then by all means. It wont be long though, just me giving you an IP and you guys have to try and join it.
06-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Oki, I ask to my friend if i can and tell me when you want test.
I hope the test will suceed Smile

♍ PSP-3000 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-07-2014, 04:27 PM
(06-07-2014 12:36 PM)Lightnyng Wrote:  Oki, I ask to my friend if i can and tell me when you want test.
I hope the test will suceed Smile

I've sent you a PM with my gmail.
06-07-2014, 08:59 PM
I am the friend of Lightnyng that you are talking about Wink
Are you surprised ? ^^

Bunny447, can you describe your idea more precisely ?
Anyway, we can try this thing when we will have time Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-07-2014, 11:27 PM
I've added barbarium to my friend list.

I think I'm online too (Tunngle), this is my first time trying it:

1. Searched for Monster Hunter and entered the MHFU server
2. I chose the first Gathering Hall, currently waiting for someone to join me?
06-07-2014, 11:53 PM
(06-07-2014 08:59 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  Bunny447, can you describe your idea more precisely ?
Anyway, we can try this thing when we will have time Smile

Alright. This is what I kind of understand of what Hamachi, Tunngle etc do.

They create virtual networks, and by doing that it tricks Windows into thinking you're all in a local network. Because everything goes through Hamachi and Windows thinks it's all through a LAN (Local Area Network), you don't have to worry about opening ports. That's usually the benefit people want when hosting a game server.

The Ad-Hoc line in our PPSSPP.ini is where you tell it where it should try to connect to, which would usually be someone in Hamachi. That IP would point to a certain person in the virtual network.

Now, what I'm trying to do is that when people want to join, they don't have to be in the Hamachi network. I need to port-forward. I need to open the ports that the thing I want to host (In our case, the Ad-Hoc server on port 27312) and forward them to my local IP assigned to me by my router.

If anyone would want to join, all they'd have to do is put my IP (you can find you IP on http://www.whatismyip.com) in the Ad-Hoc line in your .ini, and it would automatically let you join without having to use Hamachi.

This would be great if you're always on the same network and you want people to be able join easily. Also, if you run a home server you could leave it on at all times and be able to play from everywhere at all times as long as you have internet without having to worry about Hamachi or such.

I could of course be completely wrong in how it works and what Hamachi does since I'm nowhere near an expert, but eliminating the need for Hamachi should be possible, I just need to know what ports to open.

Issues that I'm having right now for example, is that they show up on the Ad-Hoc server cmd window, but we can't see each other in the gathering hall. I am able to see when someone connects, and they don't get a communication error, so they are able to connect to me. This leaves me to think that I might have to open a few other ports for MHFU itself. Again, I could be wrong since I'm no expert at this, but it is what I suspect right now.

If I manage to get it to work properly I'll make a lengthy tutorial on the forum on how to do it to help everyone else achieve the same.
06-07-2014, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 11:57 PM by Magara.)
Bunny you mind joining me online? Just to see if I have everything working properly.

I'm JamesMH on Junngle.
06-08-2014, 12:14 AM
(06-07-2014 11:27 PM)Magara Wrote:  I've added barbarium to my friend list.

I'm online now. Let's go! Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
06-08-2014, 12:19 AM
(06-08-2014 12:14 AM)barbanium Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 11:27 PM)Magara Wrote:  I've added barbarium to my friend list.

I'm online now. Let's go! Big Grin

This will be interesting.