Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 4.27 Average
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (MHFU)
10-12-2016, 04:07 PM
RE: [Closed] Yet Another MHFU 3 Player Issue Thread
I see. Too bad it didn't work out all the way.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2016, 03:51 PM
Looking for some players to play mhfu with.
I am playing with my friend, and it would be nice if someone will join to us.
Add me on steam
Code:
steamcommunity.com/id/GoliBroda
Or pm me on forum if you havent acc
10-20-2016, 06:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2016 06:59 AM by Lutiel.)
RE: Looking for some players to play mhfu with.
(10-18-2016 03:51 PM)GoliBroda Wrote:  I am playing with my friend, and it would be nice if someone will join to us.
Add me on steam
Code:
steamcommunity.com/id/GoliBroda
Or pm me on forum if you havent acc

hi, there is a discord server with a lot of people who plays MH(both hamachi and coldbird) https://discord.gg/6RutSCX
also check check mh room in tunngle- you can find are a couple of players there

I will play multiplayer MHU, MHP3rd, Patapon 3, Final Fantasy Type-0, any racing, maybe MGS peace walker.
Feel free to write
discord - lutiel#2541
Tunngle(RIP) - Lutiel

patapon 3 discord server - https://discord.gg/qD3dRyy

monster hunter discord server - https://discord.gg/invite/YuE42eh
10-27-2016, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2016 03:18 PM by Excuta.)
RE: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (MHFU)
guys anyone have a fix for the "player name" broke off, i trying to play with my friend and we get in gathering hall but when quest starts we disconnect , anything info might help thx.

and btw we aren't using anything other than ppsspp and coldbird.net as the server and my friend tried to play with a stranger and it worked and the loading was fast, what could be the problem.
if anyone can post a scrnshot of their settings would be great also
10-28-2016, 08:54 AM
(10-27-2016 02:25 PM)Excuta Wrote:  guys anyone have a fix for the "player name" broke off, i trying to play with my friend and we get in gathering hall but when quest starts we disconnect , anything info might help thx.

and btw we aren't using anything other than ppsspp and coldbird.net as the server and my friend tried to play with a stranger and it worked and the loading was fast, what could be the problem.

You need to turn off "Fast memory" in the options, you simply cannot play as 3 or 4 with it on. Also turn off your firewall, at the very least configure it but I assume you don't so it's easiest to turn it off. Your friend needs to do the same, even that stranger but I assume you can't chat with him.
10-28-2016, 10:32 AM
(10-28-2016 08:54 AM)tywald Wrote:  
(10-27-2016 02:25 PM)Excuta Wrote:  guys anyone have a fix for the "player name" broke off, i trying to play with my friend and we get in gathering hall but when quest starts we disconnect , anything info might help thx.

You need to turn off "Fast memory" in the options, you simply cannot play as 3 or 4 with it on. Also turn off your firewall, at the very least configure it but I assume you don't so it's easiest to turn it off. Your friend needs to do the same, even that stranger but I assume you can't chat with him.

i tried all that even the 25% trick but still , i assume that my friend played with a stranger that the problem is on my end but i just can't know why. i copied all the ppsspp settings even from my friend and turned off the anitvirus and firewall.
any other ideas? thx for the reply p.s im just trying to play with a friend, so just two people.
p.s.s is there a host system or we both connected at the server anything i can try in that area?
10-28-2016, 12:05 PM
Try use Hamachi, Tunngle or Evolve. The 5% or 25% trick hasn't been needed since v0.9.8-890-g1445d5a.
Does it also happen when your friend chooses the quest?

Maybe you can make a video or take a bunch of screenshots because I can't see what's going on, on your screen.
10-29-2016, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2016 07:18 AM by NoobiusOne.)
Hey guys,

I'm having an issue that several others have had: when I attempt to play with more than two people, the third guy gets dropped some time after the quest starts. Everything is fine in the gathering hall. We are playing over a LAN connection; no VPNs here.

We all have the following setup:
- Identical PPSSPP versions (v1.3)
- Identical MHFU ISOs
- Frameskip off
- Cheats off
- Fast memory off
- Speed toggles/Unthrottling removed from controller bindings (to prevent accidents)
- Unique MAC addresses
- Firewalls configured to allow PPSSPP through

We've tried having different players host, I've tried testing using different devices, and I've even tried setting up a dedicated server, but the result is always the same. Anything I may have missed?
10-30-2016, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2016 09:51 AM by tywald.)
Is it the same guy breaking off? I would test with turning off the firewall(s) completely, it helps for some people. If it works as two but not as three then my first reaction is "Fast memory", it has always been the case in my experience. Check if PPSSPP properly saves the setting, maybe it turns itself on or something(maybe that person have a read-only config file? ppsspp.ini).
10-31-2016, 02:30 AM
In my testing environment (still running the dedicated server), the player who gets dropped seems to be random. I've had the quest leader get dropped twice, and a random party member get dropped once.

All firewalls were disabled (except for the server, which just has TCP port 27312 open), and fast memory is confirmed to have remained disabled. I'll try changing the server again as I would prefer not to disable the current server's firewall, but if that doesn't work, I'll be out of ideas.
10-31-2016, 06:06 AM
Only the pro adhoc server use port 27312 the game itself picks another port. I forgot the exact port number. You can debug it by looking on ppsspp log. If I am not mistaken mhfu use port 20001

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

Monster Hunter Freedom : Lucis
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite : Lucis
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: Lucis
10-31-2016, 07:50 AM
Try open the following ports:
UDP: 10000, 20001-20004

Those appeared as listening ports in "Resource Monitor". 10000 is used inside GH and 20001-20004 inside quests.
11-01-2016, 07:16 AM
I removed the dedicated server from the test environment and used one of the clients to host the server, disabled all the firewalls, AFK'd a 50 minute quest, and it appears that the issue has disappeared. It should be noted that I only ran the test a single time (finding something else to do for 50 minutes can be surprisingly hard sometimes).

(10-31-2016 06:06 AM)Adhenovan Wrote:  Only the pro adhoc server use port 27312 the game itself picks another port. I forgot the exact port number. You can debug it by looking on ppsspp log. If I am not mistaken mhfu use port 20001

(10-31-2016 07:50 AM)tywald Wrote:  Try open the following ports:
UDP: 10000, 20001-20004

Those appeared as listening ports in "Resource Monitor". 10000 is used inside GH and 20001-20004 inside quests.

I opened these ports on the dedicated server and again AFK'd a 50 minute quest (the client firewalls are still disabled, so I didn't bother messing with those), and everything seems to work. Here, I should mention that I only ran the test twice.

In any case, I now just have to see how well this works when I actually try to play with my buddies. Thanks guys. Smile
11-03-2016, 11:55 PM
holaaaaaaaaaaaaaa alquien habla español?
11-12-2016, 08:25 PM
MHFU Multiplayer Stopped Working After 1.1.1 Update
Me and a friend of mine play Monster Hunter on LAN together using the built-in pro ad hoc sever in PPSSPP. We connect to my ip. It works great on 1.1.1, but if either of us, or both update to 1.2.2 or later, we're no longer able to connect. (I say 1.2.2, because he also has a problem running MHFU on 1.3.3. It lags extremely if he tries to turn the rendering resolution up at all.)

I'd like to update my version of PPSSPP, but, because of this bug, I can't (won't). Anybody know about why this might be?