Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 4.27 Average
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (MHFU)
08-11-2016, 12:40 AM
RE: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (MHFU)
Hey guys I just created an account to let you guys know I have an evolve server for anyone who wants to play MHFU, MHP3rd, MHF2. My username on evolve is MarMarBinks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2016, 08:11 PM
Email me [email protected]. hamachi mhfu or mhp3rd. Username MHFU forever password ppsspp. Username MHP3RD forever password ppsspp
09-19-2016, 02:39 PM
ID: MHFU-GuestMall
Pass: 123
09-19-2016, 05:18 PM
MOnster hunter freedom Room not full join right now

IP- 127.0.43.1

Hamaici server : Monster-united
Password : 0000
09-20-2016, 03:09 AM
I could do with some friends to play MHFU with. I only have about 50hrs in with full ceanatuar, working to tigrex with mostly sns and hh, and have been focusing on elder quests for the most part, so I'm still HR1. Wouldn't have a problem playing with anyone starting totally fresh.

HamachiID: MHFUnite!
Password: mhfu

I'm available at random times throughout the day but mostly from 6:00PM Eastern I'm on more consistently, and am almost constantly wanting to knock out some guild quests with a partner or 3.
09-20-2016, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2016 10:52 AM by yoj315.)
Let's play on Tunggle. Smile I'm usually online, add me on Tunggle. My ID is 49843802, nick yoj315. IGN Bry!
09-20-2016, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2016 03:19 PM by Terry Rex.)
Hey looking for a group to play MHFU with, i'm already High rank in Guild, is there a discord channel i can join or what? Thanks. :]

I already have 2 friends who play, but was thinking it would be fun to have a discord group where there are lots of people.
09-20-2016, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2016 01:01 PM by DeimosDX.)
I made a Discord channel for MHFU and 3rd, if you find it empty just stay around, is way more efficient to meet at discord than hopping to clash on random hamachi networks. Wink

https: // discord.gg /Czzb6 (remove spaces)

Im on G rank on freedom unite but i dont mind helping out.

EDIT: We got 7 hunters atm
10-12-2016, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 03:51 PM by Zed_Acid.)
[Closed] Yet Another MHFU 3 Player Issue Thread
Hi folks, I just registered because everything that came up with searches was either really old (2+ years) or doesn't work.

Also, I need to preface this with a little more info than usual:

My ISP is really weird in that I already have IPv6, which makes me unable to port forward - I could force them to switch it to IPv4, but that then means my wife can't use the same line for some reason (I researched this rather extensively for another game a while back and came upon this constantly).

So now I can play MHFU with her with the latest "official" PPSSPP version.
1.3, I believe.

Everything works fine, I went and read up on the settings and whatnot, and after a few tweaks we can now easily and effortlessly connect in the Guild Hall and play with each other.

Now I have a friend in another town (not far away), and we use Tunngle for LAN games, and he also loves MH games so we play that, too.

It works flawlessly via Tunngle.

Only not when my wife comes into the picture.
We can all meet in the Guild Hall, even exchange items etc, but on quest, it's the old "Long Loading Time Then Wifey Breaks Off"

We tried everything we could think of, made triple sure the settings are the same on all three systems, Tunngle is working correctly, all three computers use Win 7 64, all three have the exact same PPSSPP version and MHFU version. Firewalls are off and in any case have all the proper permissions for PPSSPP even when on.

Another point that may be important is that only I can host - When we switch the IP's to either my wife's (Tunngle or my real LAN) or to the Tunngle IP of my friend, we can't even enter the Guild Hall (the new host can, but not the other two). In case of the LAN I can't enter my wife's Hall, I mean - Friend obviously can't anyway, this was just for testing.

Maybe a clue right there.

But we are at the end of our ropes, and I am sorry for that convoluted wall of text, but perhaps someone has an idea that would make 3 MH freaks who always loved the games but really really want to play together very happy.

To recap:
3 Computers, two in the same room, one in a town a few kilometers away.
All three use Win 7 64, latest stable PPSSPP, same MHFU version.
All settings according to forums' solutions.
Using Tunngle, all have different IP's.
Two way works, either me and wife or me and friend, but not three way. Only I can host for some reason.

Thanks for reading.

Edit: In case the port forward is an issue for some reason, we have in the past used Tunngle to connect us three and also more than us three in other games without issues, even when those games required port forwarding (which was the reason we turned to Tunngle in the first place)
10-12-2016, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 09:36 AM by tywald.)
RE: Yet Another MHFU 3 Player Issue Thread
Did all of you turn off "Fast memory"? It makes you unable to play as 3 or 4 if it's on. It's under System in the PPSSPP settings.

A screenshot to show where it is: http://i.imgur.com/k5BBseP.png

Since you are all using Tunngle, does it show a green smiley on the bottom right of the window?
https://www.tunngle.net/wiki/images//d/d...Legend.PNG

So your LAN IPs are IPv6 too or? If they are still IPv4 you can still port forward as you are used to because you assign your LAN IP, for me it's 192.168.1.2
But if you enable UPnP or NAT-PMP in your router then your router can do this for you. You will have to tell Tunngle to use UPnP if that's the case, I'm 99% sure I saw an option for it. More info here: https://www.tunngle.net/wiki/Port_Forwar...rt_Forward
10-12-2016, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 09:50 AM by Zed_Acid.)
Sorry, I didn't want to extend the already long post, but:

Yes, we did.
In fact, we did everything from the guide and more we found on the net, this is included under
"All settings according to forums' solutions"

This means that we did everything we could find, even the outdated stuff, which obviously didn't work.

We also even synched our GFX settings and everything else, really, just to make sure we all have the exact same settings in PPSSPP.

Edit: Answered too quickly, you updated your post Wink

To clarify: I can't port forward (And I tried every trick and guide, Tunngle doesn't help there either). This is not an issue however, since Tunngle emulates LAN, and outgoing / incoming I obviously do have IPv4, it's just a quirk of my crappy router and ISP that I am not allowed to port forward, allegedly because of the internal IPv6.

Also, yes, my LAN IP is IPv4 too, and I can play LAN games with my wife fine without Tunngle. Or with, doesn't matter, it works.
Tunngle obviously also assigns an IPv4 to everyone, and that, again, works just fine. Just not with all three.

Tunngle has the YELLOW smiley face for all of us, which according to the guide and everyone else is sufficient and has worked in the past for each and every game I wasn't able to host / play because of Port Forwarding without Tunngle.

I was afraid that this may be the issue, but that doesn't explain why only I can host or why me and wife / me and friend can play together just fine.

Another important fact I might need to mention: It's only my wife who breaks off after loading the quest, the friend and I stay together in the quest.

I'm pretty certain I'm simply missing some small but important thing here, probably on my wife's end (since she's the ONLY one who breaks off when we try 3 players) - though for the life of me I can't figure it out.
Firewall settings are good, but even when we tried switching them off completely on all three ends, no joy.
10-12-2016, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 11:12 AM by tywald.)
Can you show some screenshots how it looks like in your router? Assuming you have access to it. Do you think you can show the Network Connection Details window? This one: http://i.imgur.com/ugFOS3b.png just to make sure that the IP address for "IPv4 Default Gateway" is working for you because that's what I use to access my router from the browser.

(10-12-2016 09:31 AM)Zed_Acid Wrote:  This is not an issue however, since Tunngle emulates LAN, and outgoing / incoming

Well it tunnels traffic through a single port so you have to port forward that one or let the router handle this via UPnP or NAT-PMP. For example with Evolve you can tell it what port it should use. Like this: http://i.imgur.com/4bfKT2p.png

Regarding Tunngle, here is what happens on my end if I port forward or don't port forward.

Not port forwarded = yellow smiley: http://i.imgur.com/AjbQ9az.png
Port forwarded = green smiley: http://i.imgur.com/2GgWFVe.png

I tried to use UPnP as another example but unfortunately it didn't work for me for some reason: http://i.imgur.com/Qs5HJge.png
I also haven't used Tunngle in a long time so I was forced to update and that seemed to break everything Tongue Well anyway maybe it works for you, you can see the option "Use UPnP" in the screenshot, enable that and restart Tunngle and see what happens.

Usually only the people who have Fast memory turned on will break, I have seen this many times on Evolve where if we go as 4 and 3 of us have it off but the last person has it on then he will break and the 3 of us will still be together. I would double check if it's really turned off and that it stays off even when she restarts the emulator.

PPSSPP is a bit more sensitive so while it probably works fine with a yellow smiley in other games it might just not be the case for PPSSPP.

Go ahead and overwhelm me with screenshots, it will be as a compensation that I'm unable to see your screens ^^
10-12-2016, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 11:24 AM by Zed_Acid.)
Forum doesn't let me post links to anything clickable, I'll try explaining it in short:
Main screen says no IPv4, just the long-ass IPv6 hex code
Network Screen correctly displays IPv4 IP and MAC, and the LAn computers with their different ones (My wife's and mine)
UPnP setting is activated, and it seems to hold (pretty sure the router ignores it though, I tried this in the past for other reasons, and it didn't have any (notable) effect)

I tried just now, Tunngle has the UPnP setting on as well, restarted both Tunngle and Router, still yellow face.

Another thing I have come across is the PPSSPP's MAC address, is it beneficial to enter my (our) actual MAC into the .ini?
We did make sure everyone has their own, different generated one though, not sure if it makes a difference.
The manual addition of the MAC address into the .ini seems to be in the outdated guides and posts, the pinned one says to just generate one.

Still certain I'm just being stupid and forgot / overlooked something, but I still can't figure it out.

Edit: I dove into my stupid box and ISP again, and I absolutely can't port forward IPv4, only IPv6. The UPnP is obsolete for this, I have learned, the function indeed doesn't do jack because the thing runs IPv6.
I could force them to switch to IPv4, but then I need another box just so my wife can access the internet.

I may just do that, or just outright switch ISPs, but we can't now for personal reasons (we will move in a few months and have to get a new ISP anyway then, no sense doing it now only to switch again soon).

I will still try out stuff and everything, but I'm afraid this is what bones us with MHFU. If it's the port forward, I mean.

Only option then would be to get my friend to host and do all that, but I don't know how far we get with that, since we can't even have a two way connection when I'm not hosting (even though everything is set up, correct IPs and everything)

Edit again: Got to go to work now, will check back in the evening. Hopefully when the wife and friend are back too so we can test stuff.
10-12-2016, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 04:03 PM by tywald.)
(10-12-2016 11:05 AM)Zed_Acid Wrote:  Another thing I have come across is the PPSSPP's MAC address, is it beneficial to enter my (our) actual MAC into the .ini?

It was in the past when the standard MAC address was 01:02:03:04:05:06 but now that it's randomly generating you don't have to. There are 2^48 possible MAC addresses or about 281 trillion so it's veeery unlikely you will generate the same one as your wife's or friend's. Also if you did you wouldn't be able to see each other in the GH, that's the main reason why they have to be different.

I think we almost explored every nooks and crannies :/ You can try other VPN programs like Hamachi or Evolve, maybe they will work.

(10-12-2016 11:05 AM)Zed_Acid Wrote:  Network Screen correctly displays IPv4 IP and MAC, and the LAn computers with their different ones (My wife's and mine)

I can't help to think that it should be possible to port forward because you say you do have local IPv4 addresses :o Or does the router complain if you insert a IPv4 address that's it's not a valid IPv6 address or something?

If you got the same error message as me regarding UPnP then maybe this will help: https://www.tunngle.net/wiki/Error:2-104

I guess worst case if it doesn't work with your current ISP is to wait until you move. At least you are able to play with either of them ^^
10-12-2016, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 03:52 PM by Zed_Acid.)
Ok so I dug into the net once again and have now switched to Evolve.

It's much more user friendly than Tunngle, and I tested two way connection with my wife's rig being the host, and it worked!
This has me hopeful that our other issues will be solved as well.

My buddy is online too, we will start a three player party shortly, I'll update this if that makes us able to properly switch hosts and quest with 3 players.

Thanks in advance for trying to help, you did give me a few pointers to look into, so it wasn't for nothing.

Final update: No joy, even with Evolve. At least we can now do urgent quests for the others, as they can host now, which they couldn't with Tunngle for some reason.

We'll just have to wait until we moved to our new place and got an ISP that lets me forward ports. At least I know know what to look for.

Thanks again for your time, I'll consider this thread closed.