Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved] The Memory Stick Used To Start This Game Is Not Inserted
05-08-2014, 01:47 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 01:26 AM by barbanium.)
Explanation about: "The Memory Stick Duo™ used to start this game is not inserted."
Hi everyone!

I specifically made this account to share you guys what I discovered about the problem: The Memory Stick Duo™ used to start this game is not inserted. Please insert the Memory Stick Duo™ used to start this game. which occurs in games like MHFU and MHP 3rd.

First of all, just to be clear, this post shows you how to avoid encountering this problem but NOT how to solve this problem. If ever the problem already happened to your save state, I suggest you load the most recent save file in-game then continue your game from that point on to make the in-game saving function work again. For those interested to learn my prevention method, read on.

How does the problem occur?

Basically, the problem occurs when you save in-game (thus overwriting the save file in ppsspp/memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA) and then loading a save state that happened before the newly saved file. When you're at that point, any progress you make cannot be saved in-game (you'll just have to depend on save states OR just as I said, load the most recent save file in-game).

Why does it do that?

When you try to save in-game, the system first find the save file that started your game (the save file that happened before your current progress) and then overwrite that save file. If you save in-game and then load a save state, you can no longer save in-game from that state because it cannot find the save file that started that state. The save file you now have is the one that happened after the save state and since it's not the save file that started your state, it cannot overwrite it, thus, the problem: The Memory Stick Duo™ used to start this game is not inserted. Please insert the Memory Stick Duo™ used to start this game. occurs.

How to prevent this problem from happening?

Every time you are starting game, make 2 backups of your save file (located in ppsspp/memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA, the one that matches the game ID of the game you are playing) and move them to one of your safe locations in your computer (e.g. Desktop, 'cause that's safe for me).

Now, whenever you successfully save in-game, DON'T load a save state! Just replace the older backup with the save file from ppsspp/memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA and then save that state (overwriting the state that happened before the newly saved file).

If ever you make the mistake again (saving in-game successfully, replacing the older backup, and then loading a save state that happened before the newly saved file), despite of me telling you what makes the problem occur *ahem*, just replace the save file in ppsspp/memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA with the backup save file that you didn't replace and you should be able to save in-game from that state.

The explanations and methods that I posted here may not be clear to you guys so I'll try to edit it and add some illustrations when I have the time. However, if you do understand them, please correct me if ever there's something wrong with this post.

I don't know if somebody already posted something like this or everybody knows what I'm saying here - I just typed this as soon as I discovered it. If this topic already exists, I apologize.

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Help with memorystick issue - dragonsg - 03-29-2014, 06:50 AM
Explanation about: "The Memory Stick Duo™ used to start this game is not inserted." - barbanium - 05-08-2014 01:47 AM
MFU cant save game - Ch1w4y - 06-21-2014, 07:50 AM
RE: MFU cant save game - barbanium - 06-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Help - Save Error - jk9211 - 03-10-2015, 11:27 AM