Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
compatibility of ppsspp
01-27-2013, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 05:01 PM by c933103.)
compatibility of ppsspp
1. Will there be any chance that ppsspp for BB OS 7/nokia asha (j2me midp 2.0)/3ds/ps vita would appear?
2. Is ppsspp currently supporting or planning to support android device that uses x86 cpu like razr i or mips cpu like ainol novo 7 paladin? (would ppsspp for mips android device be powerful as its cpu architecture is similar to psp's?)
3. When i tried to angry birds via ppsspp on my telcast P76e android tablet, i received a warning message like this:[Image: ffzR6zL.png]. Although the warning message can be skipped by x, but the message exceeded the screen boundary. Is it because of my tablet having only a WVGA resolution screen or some other reasons which made the message cant be fully shown?
4.And could readability of text in debug info be improved?[Image: pDiCD1B.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 06:45 PM
RE: compatibility of ppsspp
Wow, that debug info text is awful. I guess the crappy shadow I added isn't doing it any favors...

The message overflow happens on PC too, just needs to be centered more correctly.

I don't know much about your other questions, unfortunately. It's possible it may run on x86 devices, I'm not sure why it woudln't, but might need compile settings tweaked.

-[Unknown]
01-27-2013, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 08:38 PM by Henrik.)
The debug info should look better if you enable 2x resolution. It looks fine at 4x on PC which is how I use it the most, I guess I shrunk it too much Smile

Making it run on Android-x86 should be a days work for a competent coder with a device. Unfortunately I don't have any x86 android devices yet to test on.

As for you other questions, I think ports to any of those devices are unlikely but you never know. 3DS almost certainly is not powerful enough for more than the simplest games, and I'm not sure it has enough RAM?
01-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Ps vita already has a native psp emulator but you have to re-buy games.
01-27-2013, 09:41 PM
(01-27-2013 08:37 PM)Henrik Wrote:  The debug info should look better if you enable 2x resolution. It looks fine at 4x on PC which is how I use it the most, I guess I shrunk it too much Smile

Making it run on Android-x86 should be a days work for a competent coder with a device. Unfortunately I don't have any x86 android devices yet to test on.

As for you other questions, I think ports to any of those devices are unlikely but you never know. 3DS almost certainly is not powerful enough for more than the simplest games, and I'm not sure it has enough RAM?

x4 you are refering to screen size x4, there aren't any option for render the games to x2 o x4 resolution (just x2 on android) it isn't it?
01-27-2013, 11:13 PM
The popup don't do line return automatically, that's why the text go out of the screen. This is something we should correct.
01-28-2013, 01:44 AM
(01-27-2013 08:37 PM)Henrik Wrote:  The debug info should look better if you enable 2x resolution. It looks fine at 4x on PC which is how I use it the most, I guess I shrunk it too much Smile

a quick google search give that 3DS probably have 96 or 128 MB RAM, which is more than original xbox's 64MB (which original xbox version of ppsspp is said to be possible at the project site's development page)
01-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Then it may be technically possible, but the 3DS' resolution is lower, at least vertically, than the PSPs and the GPU is apparently not very good.

We'll see when it's properly hacked, if that will happen...
01-29-2013, 03:52 PM

p.s. thx, the 2x option realy make these much clearer, thx a lot!
p.p.s. seem the game console zeebo could also have hardware that capable to run ppsspp? (google: qualcomm MSM7201A, based on BREW platform, 1gigabit ram...) but it is unclear of its possibility to run third party software..
01-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Zeebo's CPU will almost certainly be too slow.