Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Issue in latest v0.9.6 revisions
12-13-2013, 12:06 AM
Issue in latest v0.9.6 revisions
[Image: jbvVwqAIMuzgvp.jpg]

[Image: jG2PPBzyrNSZ.jpg]

As you can see in the pics all those games are compressed in .cso, but the first pic have a game with the .cso extension and the other's have the extension hidden.

I can't reproduce this issue because it's random and sometimes it doesn't happen. And of course this was with a fresh install of v0.9.6 with no previous configuration.

This issue never happened with the official v0.9.5 (don't know if latest unofficial v0.9.5 revisions had it...) but just wanted to let you dudes know about this minor issue just in case.

Keep up the amazing work in this awesome emu.

[CPU]: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
[GPU]: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
[PSU]: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 1000W (80 Plus Gold)
[RAM]: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
[MOBO]: MSI Z97-GAMING 5
[PC CASE]: ENERMAX Ostrog GT (Red)
[CPU FAN]: Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2013, 09:54 AM
RE: Issue in latest v0.9.6 revisions
Interesting, I'll have a look later, it doesn't seem like a super critical issue Smile

Thanks!
12-13-2013, 01:38 PM
RE: Issue in latest v0.9.6 revisions
I see one clue to why it happens:

For two of the games not shown with extension, the removed extension is not the only difference between the shown title and the file name.
This makes it clear that the titles are either extracted from the CSO files as-is, or derived from the game IDs extracted from the CSO files.

For either case this means that there is for those games no direct relation between the file name string and the title string shown.
But for cases where the extraction of title or game ID from the CSO file fails, PPSSPP probably falls back on showing the file name unchanged.

So the real question here should be: Why did PPSSP fail to identify the standard title of this game (by either method) ?
One guess is that there could be a problem with the CSO decompression used in scanning for game title/ID.

Best regards: dlanor