Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
problem with "voice steams"
12-08-2013, 04:39 PM
problem with "voice steams"
Hi,

I'm posting here for the first time so before I start I'd like to thank the developer for this extremely amazing and hi-tech software. So many of my games are running decently and thanks to you I can replay them more intensely with the most usual emulators features.

Many games I tried run mostly fine except for a recurring sound issue which seems to affect mostly voice acting. I'm not sure why it seems to affect only voices and not the background music. Voice steams are stuttering.

I suppose fixing this would greatly impact the speed of the emulator, so why not an optional more accurate sound emulation? So some can opt for speed while others can opt for accuracy?

Thank you for listening Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2013, 01:57 PM
RE: problem with "voice steams"
There's no reason that fixing the remaining voice problems would slow it down, just need to figure out what's wrong.

Which games do you still have voice problems in? Do you have these problems with the official 0.9.5 or also in the latest builds from the buildbot?
12-09-2013, 02:38 PM
I just looked at that build bot, I used rev 1007 x64 and I'll be damned the voice issues are fixed, for example in MGS peace walker or Megaman maverick hunter X.

This emulator is progressing so fast that it is just.... mind blowing!! xD

Bowing down to your work quality & quantity, I have been familiar with emulators for quite some time, but only one or two impressed me as much as ppsspp did and still does, huge thanks for this program. Smile
12-13-2013, 03:11 PM
The voices still crackle in games like Persona 2 and Puyo Pop Fever, so not all of the voices issues were fixed unfortunately. :/