Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 - Innocent Sin
04-26-2014, 06:08 AM
RE: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 - Innocent Sin
With some toying around in settings, the game is running very well for me. Granted, I play on a laptop so your results may vary if you're playing on your phone.

This is what I did:

1. Firstly, use v0.9.8-172. This is the only version that completely fixes the brightness issue. The brightness is perfect in this revision (not dark, no weird shadows on the ground, nothing). The commit in v0.9.8-172 was reverted in v0.9.8-173. So if you want the lighting to be fixed you MUST use the v0.9.8-172 build to play Persona 2.

Now, leave the default things that are checked and unchecked alone except for the following:

2. To fix the sound crackle and sound lag click Multithreaded under Settings----->System--->Emulation.

3. Turning Multithreaded on makes my screen occasionally flicker. To fix this, I switched to non-buffered rendering and the flicker was fixed.

4. I continued to experience the sound crackle and some slowdown when entering crowded classrooms. To remedy this go to Settings---->Graphics--->Performance and click Lazy Texture Caching, Retain Changed Textures and Low Quality Splines and Bezier Curves.

5. Go to Settings---->Graphics---->Hacks and click Disable Alpha Test and Texture Coord Speedhack.

6. Go to Settings---->System---->Developer tools and uncheck enable debug logging

Doing this lets me run the game without the lighting issues, sound issues and with consistently good speed. If, despite doing all of this, you still have slowdown (sound or otherwise), then turn Frameskipping on and set it to 1 (or even higher, if necessary) under Settings----->Graphics--->Framerate control. I was able to get consistent 96-100% speed without resorting to this though, so leave this as a last resort.

Bonus: To make the game look prettier go on Settings---->Graphics---->Texture Scaling and click Upscale level to auto. I like the way this makes my game look, but if doing this makes you lose speed or fps, turn it back off. So only do it if you can, basically.

I played up to the first voiced-over bit of the game (20 mins in?) to make sure the voices work properly (they do) and everything is great thus far.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 - Innocent Sin - RogueDoggie - 04-26-2014 06:08 AM
Persona 2 - Someone - 04-26-2014, 06:56 PM