Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2013, 10:37 AM
RE: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 - Innocent Sin
Still, would be good to fix this weird graphical glitches

Find all posts by this user
08-23-2013, 04:51 AM
(08-22-2013 10:37 AM)Kosmos Wrote:  Still, would be good to fix this weird graphical glitches

It's quite bearable compared to persona 1. Black boxes were bloody everywhere there. On this game besides the cutscenes there's not many at all. You just sort of get used to it. (I say this because a fix for it looks a long way off there's games with more pressing concerns right now)

Nice one on opening the issue by the way I can't stand the sounds after 30 minutes of playing, no way You could bear that for 40 odd hours.
08-23-2013, 05:41 AM
the black boxes are gone now, as far as i can tell, with the recent new builds. Persona 1 is also fixed
08-23-2013, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2013 12:14 PM by Generalsanta.)
(08-23-2013 05:41 AM)Kroked Wrote:  the black boxes are gone now, as far as i can tell, with the recent new builds. Persona 1 is also fixed

Oh wow he's right this is superb news for persona 1 and 2. Shame I finished 1 last week but hey such is my luck Tongue
09-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Does anyone know of any new info on the sound problem? Or are we still boned for the time being.
09-26-2013, 06:34 PM
(09-25-2013 02:54 PM)Generalsanta Wrote:  Does anyone know of any new info on the sound problem? Or are we still boned for the time being.

Well, you may have to ask here: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/3234
10-09-2013, 10:03 AM
I get stuck with a black screen with just controls on the screen when I try to play this on android :/
11-02-2013, 06:37 AM
Why didn't you fix the sound problem :'(
11-03-2013, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 07:51 AM by Prox1c1d3.)
Using the patched iso as the normal iso won't do anything at all, which has run smoothly for me (Besides the black box around butterfly at main menu.) BGM and SE is also butter. I've been playing the game up to the point after the Ta-Chan talks to Lisa Silverman about heading to the prison, then right after it's nothing but a black screen. PPSSPP is latest Gold version. All settings are default. I've tried using both JIT, and also the Interpreter. Tried FF'ing too.
What would be the problem? I'm sorry if i'm asking a redundant question as I haven't looked around very much.
11-03-2013, 12:49 PM
(11-03-2013 05:53 AM)Prox1c1d3 Wrote:  Using the patched iso as the normal iso won't do anything at all, which has run smoothly for me (Besides the black box around butterfly at main menu.) BGM and SE is also butter. I've been playing the game up to the point after the Ta-Chan talks to Lisa Silverman about heading to the prison, then right after it's nothing but a black screen. PPSSPP is latest Gold version. All settings are default. I've tried using both JIT, and also the Interpreter. Tried FF'ing too.
What would be the problem? I'm sorry if i'm asking a redundant question as I haven't looked around very much.

This might seem a bit of a silly question but you have updated ppsspp right? I know you said latest gold version but the black box butterfly stopped being an issue about 2 months ago.

Shame the latest update still hasn't helped the battle voices. We'll be waiting a while too as a ton of other games have more serious problems.
11-03-2013, 08:38 PM
(11-03-2013 12:49 PM)Generalsanta Wrote:  
(11-03-2013 05:53 AM)Prox1c1d3 Wrote:  Using the patched iso as the normal iso won't do anything at all, which has run smoothly for me (Besides the black box around butterfly at main menu.) BGM and SE is also butter. I've been playing the game up to the point after the Ta-Chan talks to Lisa Silverman about heading to the prison, then right after it's nothing but a black screen. PPSSPP is latest Gold version. All settings are default. I've tried using both JIT, and also the Interpreter. Tried FF'ing too.

This might seem a bit of a silly question but you have updated ppsspp right? I know you said latest gold version but the black box butterfly stopped being an issue about 2 months ago.

Shame the latest update still hasn't helped the battle voices. We'll be waiting a while too as a ton of other games have more serious problems.

My apologies. I meant the free version of ppsspp had the problem of the boxes, where I have recently donated and got the gold version in where it has fixed the boxes around the butterfly, but the main problem is even with the Gold Version, I'm still stuck at the point where Ta-Chan and Silverman are ready to head to the prison in the beginning with nothing but a black screen. Settings perhaps? Everything is default right now.
11-04-2013, 01:38 PM
The problem is your ISO. It's in .cso format, right? There's a .cso file of P2:IS that has this problem. In older versions, you could bypass this by deactivating Use Media Engine, thus skipping the cutscene, but for now it's impossible.
11-04-2013, 05:07 PM
(11-04-2013 01:38 PM)GabrieliosP Wrote:  The problem is your ISO. It's in .cso format, right? There's a .cso file of P2:IS that has this problem. In older versions, you could bypass this by deactivating Use Media Engine, thus skipping the cutscene, but for now it's impossible.

The ISO files that I downloaded. Included both ISO of Innocent Sin.
One being a normal copy and the other being the patched. I should try reloading the files then. I have been using the Patched ISO. I could try playing with the original. Thanks for the heads up Gabrielos.
11-04-2013, 05:48 PM
(11-04-2013 05:07 PM)Prox1c1d3 Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 01:38 PM)GabrieliosP Wrote:  The problem is your ISO. It's in .cso format, right? There's a .cso file of P2:IS that has this problem. In older versions, you could bypass this by deactivating Use Media Engine, thus skipping the cutscene, but for now it's impossible.

The ISO files that I downloaded. Included both ISO of Innocent Sin.
One being a normal copy and the other being the patched. I should try reloading the files then. I have been using the Patched ISO. I could try playing with the original. Thanks for the heads up Gabrielos.

Do not talk about piracy here!
we won´t support you if you don´t buy the game legally!