Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP barely runs (if at all) on Samsung GT-S5300
01-26-2013, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 01:49 PM by Livy..)
PPSSPP barely runs (if at all) on Samsung GT-S5300
Specs: Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300)
  • CPU: ARMv6
  • GPU: Unknown
  • RAM: 256 MiB

First of all, I have reset the device to factory default to prevent other programs to interfere.

PPSSPP does run, but most of the time, after an ISO or ELF is selected, the whole system freezes. At the time of freezing, no game graphics is shown, just a black screen with virtual buttons. It forces me to hold the power button to turn off the phone.

In some rare cases, the game or elf runs, but with broken graphics. The cube test for example: a part of the cube is render at the middle of the screen, while other parts are at many locations of the screen. I think if they are brought together, it will be a full cube. Tongue It happens with both the cube.elf and Ridge Racer 2, the only game I have at the moment.

There is a funny thing, though. If PPSSPP successfully boot an elf or iso, then it will successfully boot without freezing the whole system... until the phone restarts. After a system restart, the result is unpredictable. Undecided I thought it was due to RAM shortage, but it wasn't. Normally the RAM usage is ~180 MiB when the system boots up. I used Task Manager to free RAM (to 150 MiB) before running PPSSPP, but it still freezed my phone.
Find all posts by this user
01-26-2013, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 01:27 PM by Apology11.)
RE: PPSSPP barely runs (if at all) on ARMv6
I don´t know if thats your whole problem but it has a 800Mhz Cpu, it doesn´t even run full speed on my xperia s, so I think if you ever be able to play games than they will run really slow.
Also: 320x240 resolution. It´s even lower than the original psp...
01-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Most likely you simply have really bad GPU drivers on your device.
01-26-2013, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 01:40 PM by Livy..)
I am a hardcore gamer, so I am not interested in playing any game on a phone or tablet - such devices are suitable for kids and pregnant. Well, maybe I'll do it when I don't have my PC or console around...

What I mean is I don't care what speed the game runs at. I just want to let the programmers aware of ARMv6 compatibility status. Maybe they can find the cause of the problem and fix the emulator's bugs.

Forgot to mention, I got the same result on both v0.5 and the latest subversion as of today.

/to Henrik I am not interested in Android platform to be honest. It is the first time I know it even has driver. Is there anyway to fix it? I doubt if there is any Android driver available out there. Sad
01-26-2013, 01:42 PM
But there are people with ARMv6 devices on which the emulator works. So its probably just your device.
01-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Yep, maybe... The software and hardware vary from one device to another. Android is too wild to develop anything.

At least now we know that the Galaxy Pocket is not compatible. Angel
01-26-2013, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013 08:02 PM by livisor.)
(01-26-2013 01:46 PM)Livy. Wrote:  Yep, maybe... The software and hardware vary from one device to another. Android is too wild to develop anything.

At least now we know that the Galaxy Pocket is not compatible. Angel

What are you,5 years old?Although you are somehow trying to help besides insulting tablet/smartphone users all I can say to you is : thank you but no, thank you.
Thread Closed