Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are newer Android phones capable of running this?
12-07-2013, 04:43 AM
Are newer Android phones capable of running this?
I'm on the note 3 running this emulator, and even with the phone's specs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Note_3

GTA liberty city stories still manages to be incredibly laggy

Anybody know what's going on here?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2013, 05:40 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 05:43 AM by Archimedes.)
RE: Are newer Android phones capable of running this?
That is very weird. Looking at the specs of the device it should have no problems, even though I don't know how that game should preform on general.
I suggest that you download the latest dev build if you haven't already: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/
And take a look at this thread: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5236
There might be something else at bay though. I will take a look around the forums and see what i can find out.

Yep, as thought, take a look here: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=7069
It seems that the snapdragon based CPU is the problem. The emulator is not fully optimized for it unfortunately.
12-07-2013, 04:59 PM
So people's with high end devices like me and my Galaxy s4 with snapdragon cpu will have to wait. Now I see why God Of Was Ghost of sparta runs on max 10 fps on 35% speed I was little disappointed knowing the performance of my device is not enough to run the emulator. I hope in the near future I will be able to play games on playable speed Smile
12-07-2013, 05:06 PM
(12-07-2013 05:40 AM)Archimedes Wrote:  That is very weird. Looking at the specs of the device it should have no problems, even though I don't know how that game should preform on general.
I suggest that you download the latest dev build if you haven't already: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/
And take a look at this thread: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5236
There might be something else at bay though. I will take a look around the forums and see what i can find out.

Yep, as thought, take a look here: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=7069
It seems that the snapdragon based CPU is the problem. The emulator is not fully optimized for it unfortunately.

Ah I see, interesting. Well, is there any way we can find out when the more higher end models will be capable of running this? I doubt any one of us contacting one of the devs directly will get any response...
12-07-2013, 05:11 PM
The thread I posted about the snapdragoon thing has users checking it daily. You should visit it from time to time and see what comes up.

Not sure but I think one of them posted a custom build of the emulator that fixes, to some extent but not fully, the problem at hand.
12-07-2013, 06:35 PM
(12-07-2013 05:11 PM)Archimedes Wrote:  The thread I posted about the snapdragoon thing has users checking it daily. You should visit it from time to time and see what comes up.

Not sure but I think one of them posted a custom build of the emulator that fixes, to some extent but not fully, the problem at hand.

Hmm I see. I posted a reply in that thread, and was told that it may be fixed in the next update, so hopefully we'll see..
12-08-2013, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 01:33 PM by voodoo.)
Si it seems that with this release http://www.wikiupload.com/URQ6M1UQJR6BMKM I seem to gel little bit more speed and better graphics I get max 16/60 18/60 fps with 20% speed. It seems that the release manage to get me more fps but the speed somehow it s way lower. Sitll God of war ghost of sparta non playable Sad
12-08-2013, 03:07 PM
What's the problem with the Galaxy S4 phones? I always see people saying the GoW runs slower in these phone, but I have a Galaxy S2 from 2 generation ago, and I can run it smooth almost all time. I think you owners of Galaxy S4 need to setting up the emulador correctly. Or the emulator really has a problem with these devices?

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
12-08-2013, 05:53 PM
the problem is lack of proper optimization for these SoCs, unfortunately first comes this fact and only then raw performance of the SoCs, the xsacha's bulid proves this

Samsung Captivate, Android 2.3.5 SAUROM, Corn Kernel v701
Fly Evo Chic 3, Android 4.4.2 Stock, improved stock kernel
12-08-2013, 07:07 PM
I have both a note 2 and briefly owned the xperia z ultra (has snapdragon 800) and sadly the xperia gets only a few frames more than the note 2, by few i'm talking maybe an extra 5fps or so. Definitely seems to be more an issue with snapdragon and ppsspp than anything. I wonder how the latest exynos chip runs ppsspp.
12-08-2013, 10:28 PM
I dont know what everyone is doing to their phones, but this emu runs great on my USA Veriozon Note3. Its so dang (yes i said dang) smooth, IT HURTS! lol
I have run this on my galaxy s3 and my moto razr maxx (1st razr). The razr struggled with some of the games, but many were playable. The s3 could handle many of the games at near full speed. Yes the emu still needs work, yes there are games with terrible frame rates like God of War.

Here are a few games that run pretty well on the s3 for me:
FFVII Crisis Core
LittleBigPlanet
Parasite Eve 3rd Bday
Gran Turismo
Ace Combat X
BlazeBlue
Final Fantasy Dissidia
God Eater Burst
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Tomb Raider
Twisted Metal
Wipeout Pulse

On the Note 3 everything is like butter. For one on the lower end devices turn off Buffered Rendering in Graphics. Some games will not run without it so you gotta play around with the settings.
Under System make sure the box is checked on Fast Memory.
These 2 things will speed up the emulator quite a bit. Again, you need to play around with the all the settings for EACH game to get the best results.
Good luck
12-10-2013, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2013 10:07 PM by voodoo.)
Last build gave some speed and fps but took some graphics I tryed Silent Hill origins but no luck. The screen flicks no matter what settings. and it seems that the emulator can not handle very well shadows and light. Hope they ll fux it soon Smile
12-13-2013, 01:42 AM
@fire3element

Could you share your detailed settings (frame skip, buffered, etc etc) since you're getting a lot better luck with your snapdragon 800? I was pretty underwhelmed with the performance on the xperia z ultra and it's not like the phone is bogged down with bloat since sony is pretty easy on the extras.
12-13-2013, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2013 06:58 AM by voodoo.)
Buffered rending it s a must for most games frame skip at 3 gives u some speed noticable if still not good render resolution on psp 1x that ruins the graphics but gives u little more speed. If u r with version 1033 just make reset of the settings exit the program run it again and add the settings that I told u. For ne works I have 65 70 % speed and abouth 15 fps on God of war ghost of sparta . Try and tgen tell if u have better performance Smile

I will try the new wersion later and I will write if there are improvements in performance Smile
01-09-2014, 02:01 AM
What about mediatek processor with adreno 203 / mali 400-MP / powerVR SGX GPU?

Sorry, im a newbie.