Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Graphic issue starting with v0.9.5-870-g6a8123b
12-05-2013, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 10:42 AM by LPatamon.)
Graphic issue starting with v0.9.5-870-g6a8123b
Hello. I was testing v0.9.5-870-g6a8123b and there is a graphic glitch on Digimon World Re: Digitize (maybe on other games too but so far on the games I played only this one showed this error):

Black where floor should be and also when you move the character it kinda blinks.

Here is a screenshot of the last version that showed the game correctly:

Last version showing game correctly was v0.9.5-868-g50f67d6

I think the problem has to do with the "Stencil-to-alpha fragment tweak: Set alpha to 0 if we can't deduce the stencil value.This fixes the weird glowing shadows in Wipeout" that got added in v0.9.5-869-g41209eb.

The build v0.9.5-869-g41209eb only has Windows 64 download, but the next one which is v0.9.5-870-g6a8123b has all three download options available and on that one the game has the glitch shown on the screenshots as well. v0.9.5-872-gcd69624 also has the graphical glitch.

I already posted this issue on the game's thread so we can have a sort of registry for the progress about any issues that may get present on this game in the future due to the constant work on the emulator, but I thought it would be good to post this on the development forum since it is the one that is visited often to see what details have been found on each build that gets released.

I think it is a pretty easy thing to fix, but since I'm not a programmer I'm not fully sure about that n.nU
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 12:25 PM
RE: Graphic issue starting with v0.9.5-870-g6a8123b
(12-05-2013 10:40 AM)LPatamon Wrote:  Hello. I was testing v0.9.5-870-g6a8123b and there is a graphic glitch on Digimon World Re: Digitize (maybe on other games too but so far on the games I played only this one showed this error):

Black where floor should be and also when you move the character it kinda blinks.

Here is a screenshot of the last version that showed the game correctly:

Last version showing game correctly was v0.9.5-868-g50f67d6

I think the problem has to do with the "Stencil-to-alpha fragment tweak: Set alpha to 0 if we can't deduce the stencil value.This fixes the weird glowing shadows in Wipeout" that got added in v0.9.5-869-g41209eb.

The build v0.9.5-869-g41209eb only has Windows 64 download, but the next one which is v0.9.5-870-g6a8123b has all three download options available and on that one the game has the glitch shown on the screenshots as well. v0.9.5-872-gcd69624 also has the graphical glitch.

I already posted this issue on the game's thread so we can have a sort of registry for the progress about any issues that may get present on this game in the future due to the constant work on the emulator, but I thought it would be good to post this on the development forum since it is the one that is visited often to see what details have been found on each build that gets released.

I think it is a pretty easy thing to fix, but since I'm not a programmer I'm not fully sure about that n.nU

You can try set Rendering to non-buffered and frameskipping to auto.

btw, I don't know if everyone notice this but click on the game setting on the tab menu of PPSSPP and click rendering resolution to x1. It appears to fix all the blinking glicthes in certain games.

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
12-05-2013, 01:26 PM
You could also post detailed bug reports like this directly on the Github issue tracker, that ensures that we see it and keep track of it:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues
12-05-2013, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 08:27 PM by LPatamon.)
(12-05-2013 01:26 PM)Henrik Wrote:  You could also post detailed bug reports like this directly on the Github issue tracker, that ensures that we see it and keep track of it:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues

Oh yeah. I always forget that of post on the github site when I get issues. Is just that I rarely get problems with the emulator game wise (except only for the alreday known issues on some games), at most what I got were technical issues like a time when pressing esc key to go to the game settings the emulator crashed but which got quickly fixed, so I didn't got a need to post an issue report on github n.nU

(12-05-2013 12:25 PM)Raimoo Wrote:  You can try set Rendering to non-buffered and frameskipping to auto.

btw, I don't know if everyone notice this but click on the game setting on the tab menu of PPSSPP and click rendering resolution to x1. It appears to fix all the blinking glicthes in certain games.

Edit: Frameskipping and non-buffering didn't fix the issue. floor remains black on the area I showed on the screenshots and chararacter keeps blinking even after I set the rendering resolution to x1

Thing is that I never got issues with this game before, I never had to move any settings for it to play it correctly. I get full speed without having to use frame skipping. the screenshots I posted here on this thread were all of them with the same settings, that's what got me surprised the sudden glitch after the game never had that glitch on any of the previous builds, not even when the game had the issue that you couldn't pass from the tutorial battle (when you start a new game) but you could bypass that by loading a savegame you had from a real PSP or from JPCSP.
12-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Well, the PSP's GPU is a little weird and doesn't map cleanly to OpenGL, so it happens that we do a change that fix a bunch of games and happen to break some others. This seems to have been the case here...
12-05-2013, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 09:30 PM by LPatamon.)
Yeah, because not even changing to non-buffering and getting frameskip in auto helped. Guess I'll stay with build v0.9.5-868-g50f67d6 for now, since the game works correctly on that one. while I test the new builds on a separated folder to be updated for when the issue gets fixed.

Thanks anyways and I'm sure the issue will be fixed. You're doing a pretty good work Smile

Sorry for double post, but I had to show you this:

The game sure got a lot broken. take a look at this other screenshot:

When I made this thread, I didn't went outside the colloseum since the graphical error was quite noticeable there, but I decided to move outside the colloseum and on the first area outside, one of the buildings instead of its normal texture was showing the sky (that one made me laugh because it looked like if the building had a big window and the sky was reflecting on it XD), but then going into the next area of the city took me to the screenshot I'm showing on this post.

On the colloseum at least was just the floor, but outside the glitch is bigger than I thought Huh

I just thought in show you an updated screenshot taken from v0.9.5-910-g7e86907 (the next one aka v0.9.5-911 currently only has windows 64 download available at the moment I made this post) so you can have a better view of this issue.

I tried by using read framebuffers to memory (CPU) and read framebuffers to memory (GPU) options and that didn't help, so at least now we know that the rendering mode options didn't help at all in this case.

So far other games I tested like Pacman Championship Edition and Viewtiful Joe work correctly so far during the time I played them.

Digimon Adventure and Digivice Portable Ver. also show correctly, except for the already known things they already have like the black screen on the digivice screen on Digivice Ver. Portable and the lack of outlines and other non gameplay affecting visual things on Digimon Adventure (outlines on the characters, etc.)

I still have to check if Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Bomberman and Ultimate Ghost N Goblins didn't got affected. I'm sure that at least Ultimate Ghost N Goblins didn't got affected since that game is on the ol' 2D side scroll style so is not a problem to render that kind of graphics, but I'll check it anyways.

Again sorry for double posting. Definitively the PSP's graphic system is quite interesting when it comes to try to emulate it o.o