Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maybe this can be useful on the development
12-04-2013, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 09:56 AM by LPatamon.)
Maybe this can be useful on the development
Hello. First I want to thank you for the excelent work you have been doing with PPSSPP, it is a great emulator Smile

Now There is something I wanted to show you and that maybe can help to fix some games that have in game note on the compatibility list (as in you can go in game but some things doesn't work. For example the black screen on the Digivice on the Digivice Ver, Portable NPJH00126).

You see, browsing the thread for Digivice Ver. Portable game here, I noticed that someone mentioned that the game works on JPCSP starting with r3371. I checked that build and noticed that it also fixed things with Digimon Adventure (NPJH50586) like missing outlines, transparency the save screen when you save by using the save points that are on the areas (that the character steps on it and then presses the key assigned to the circle button to save), etc. And I thought that maybe it can help with other games that may have visual glitches that some times make them not fully playable like it happens with Digivice Ver. Portable.

Here is the link to the JPCSP build 3371's log and details of what was modified to its code.

http://code.google.com/p/jpcsp/source/detail?r=3371

I thought that since for JPCSP devs worked to take a look to PPSSPP's code to fix an issue the emulator had regarding the game Digimon World Re: Digitize, then maybe the same can be done in the inverse way. I mean checking JPSCP's code of r3371 and compare it with the current code for PPSSPP.

If you want to see screenshots about how the games I mentioned look now on JPSCP here is the post I made on the Digimon Adventure game thread in this same forum:

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...4#pid60204

And here is the thread for Digivice Ver. Portable which has its own screenshots on some of the posts.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3819

I hope it is okay that I made this thred. If not you can freely delete it, I just thought in point this observation, since it can help to fix some other games that may have this kind of issues like Digivice Ver Portable that while you can get in game you can't play it at all due to the black screen where it should be the game's action.

Well. I guess that's all. Have a good day and thanks again for all your effort to make a great emulator Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2013, 04:17 PM
RE: Maybe this can be useful on the development
Well, our graphics system is structured very differently from the one in JPCSP, but this gives a hint that the problem is related to the "TRXKICK" buffer copies at least, so that's good info Smile
12-04-2013, 08:04 PM
RE: Maybe this can be useful on the development
(12-04-2013 04:17 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Well, our graphics system is structured very differently from the one in JPCSP, but this gives a hint that the problem is related to the "TRXKICK" buffer copies at least, so that's good info Smile

Well at least it gives a hint, so it wasn't all lost Smile