Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sound No Longer Working
11-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Sound No Longer Working
A month or two ago I downloaded the prior version of ppsspp to play Persona 3. I downloaded the Atrac3+, and it worked. I stopped playing for a few weeks, and after I tried to start again today, I found that the sound was completely gone. I went into the audio and game menus to see that everything was enabled, but the sound was still gone. I redownloaded Atrac3+, and it still didn't work.

I tried downloading the most recent version (that doesn't use Atrac3+), and the sound works, but of course the save data is on the other version of the emulator. Seeing as how I spent 50+ hours playing it, and am hours away from the ending, does anyone have any ideas on how to get the sound back? If not, is it possible to port my save data from one version of the emulator to the other? This is my first time using any sort of emulator.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2013, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 11:09 PM by vsub_.)
RE: Sound No Longer Working
If there is a problem with the sound(the sound disappear because of some bug),if you create a save state while the sound is gone,no matter how much you try,it wont return.

Create a normal save(using the game saving function),restart ppsspp,load the game and load your save(not save state)

You can also move that save into the newer version of ppsspp and continue your progress there.

Save states are good thing but don't rely only on them to save your progress(sooner or later,you'll regret it)

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
11-26-2013, 11:14 PM
RE: Sound No Longer Working
(11-26-2013 11:08 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  If there is a problem with the sound(the sound disappear because of some bug),if you create a save state while the sound is gone,no matter how much you try,it wont return.

Create a normal save(using the game saving function),restart ppsspp,load the game and load your save(not save state)

You can also move that save into the newer version of ppsspp and continue your progress there.

Save states are good thing but don't rely only on them to save your progress(sooner or later,you'll regret it)

Thank you very much. Yeah, I tried to avoid save states for the longest time, but I had to give in because it would start to randomly crash. It was save state, or lose progress. The crashing is mostly gone, I don't really know what caused it in the first place.