Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved] need help on controls
11-23-2013, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 11:02 AM by vnctdj.)
[Solved] need help on controls
hi guys, im kinda new here. im a windows user and downloaded ver. 0.9.5.
im currently playing Monster hunter freedom unite and whenever i press the direction buttons/analog buttons + L button, my character always go on that direction and doesn't stop even if im not pressing anything.

i tested it on other games and the results are the same.

btw im playing on my keyboard.thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2013, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 05:06 PM by Archimedes.)
RE: need help on controls
Don't really know if this helps but did you try mapping other keys? And for that matter what keys are you using?
11-23-2013, 05:11 PM
I can think of one reason.
Are you sure some external program is not stealing the focus of the ppsspp window.

If I press Up and make the window inactive,the character will continue to move and when I activate the window again,the character will continue to move(it will stop if I press the opposite key but once I release it,it will continue to move)

There is some work on this problem in the betas but I don't know if it's already fixed.

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
11-23-2013, 08:13 PM
(11-23-2013 05:11 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  I can think of one reason.
Are you sure some external program is not stealing the focus of the ppsspp window.

If I press Up and make the window inactive,the character will continue to move and when I activate the window again,the character will continue to move(it will stop if I press the opposite key but once I release it,it will continue to move)

There is some work on this problem in the betas but I don't know if it's already fixed.
what do you mean by external program? about the inactive part, no, it doesnt make my window inactive. the wierd thing is, it only happens with L button.R button + dir. buttons works fine.

@archimedes atm im using:

L button - Lshift key
R button - space bar
analog up - numpad 8
analog down - humpad 5
analog left - numpad 4
analog right - numpad 6
dir. button up - up key
dir. button left - left key
dir. button down - down key
dir button right - right key
X button - Z key
O button - X key
Square button - S key
Triangle button - A key
11-23-2013, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 08:58 PM by vsub_.)
I don't know if this can be consider a bug(probably)but
Shift + Numpad8 for example means "NumpadUp" and ppsspp for some reason accept this key as Key Up.
When you release the key,you are sending NumpadUp Up status but ppsspp probably is waiting for KeyUp Up status and that's why the character is still moving(ppsspp think you are still holding the key)

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
11-24-2013, 08:47 AM
(11-23-2013 08:49 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  I don't know if this can be consider a bug(probably)but
Shift + Numpad8 for example means "NumpadUp" and ppsspp for some reason accept this key as Key Up.
When you release the key,you are sending NumpadUp Up status but ppsspp probably is waiting for KeyUp Up status and that's why the character is still moving(ppsspp think you are still holding the key)

i changed my mapping and its ok now, it is on the numpad afterall. thanks a lot for your help
11-24-2013, 11:03 AM
RE: [Solved] need help on controls
Thread's title edited.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2