Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Resolved] All of a sudden no sound :(
12-02-2013, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 06:18 PM by TheDax.)
[Resolved] All of a sudden no sound :(
Hey guys. PPSSPP has been running flawlessly for the last month. Then, out of nowhere, I loaded up Persona 3 Portable (which has also been working flawlessly this last month) and there is suddenly no sound.

It's not a save state issue because I loaded my normal save and it still had no sound. I checked and found it also does this on every game, NONE of them have sound now.

I made sure my sound was enabled, the volume was on and all the obvious stuff. I tried restoring all settings to default but that didn't fix it.

And here's the part that's puzzling me the most: I even downloaded the latest build from today (the one I'm using is a couple weeks old) and, bizarrely enough, there's still no sound on any of the games when I play them through the latest build.

Does anyone have any idea what may be going on? Why would I suddenly not be able to get sound on any version of this emulator, especially when it has been running perfectly with sound for so long? All of a sudden my sound capability just disappeared....

I'd appreciate any help because I'm almost at the end of Persona 3 and I don't want all of those gameplay hours to be for nothing. =(
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013, 07:30 AM
RE: All of a sudden no sound :(
(12-02-2013 06:02 AM)RogueDoggie Wrote:  Hey guys. PPSSPP has been running flawlessly for the last month. Then, out of nowhere, I loaded up Persona 3 Portable (which has also been working flawlessly this last month) and there is suddenly no sound.

It's not a save state issue because I loaded my normal save and it still had no sound. I checked and found it also does this on every game, NONE of them have sound now.

I made sure my sound was enabled, the volume was on and all the obvious stuff. I tried restoring all settings to default but that didn't fix it.

And here's the part that's puzzling me the most: I even downloaded the latest build from today (the one I'm using is a couple weeks old) and, bizarrely enough, there's still no sound on any of the games when I play them through the latest build.

Does anyone have any idea what may be going on? Why would I suddenly not be able to get sound on any version of this emulator, especially when it has been running perfectly with sound for so long? All of a sudden my sound capability just disappeared....

I'd appreciate any help because I'm almost at the end of Persona 3 and I don't want all of those gameplay hours to be for nothing. =(

May i ask which PPSSPP build you're using when this problem occur?

You can try to download the latest build here

see if it fixed.

Oh btw is your computer audio device working properly? that could be the cause?

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
12-02-2013, 07:56 AM
RE: All of a sudden no sound :(
(12-02-2013 07:30 AM)Raimoo Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 06:02 AM)RogueDoggie Wrote:  Hey guys. PPSSPP has been running flawlessly for the last month. Then, out of nowhere, I loaded up Persona 3 Portable (which has also been working flawlessly this last month) and there is suddenly no sound.

May i ask which PPSSPP build you're using when this problem occur?

You can try to download the latest build here

see if it fixed.

Oh btw is your computer audio device working properly? that could be the cause?

Thanks for the reply. =)

It wasn't any of that, after playing around some more I figured out it was an issue with Wine (which I use to run the windows version of this emu because I have a mac and the mac version isn't as up-to-date as the windows versions).

It makes sense because if the sound isn't suddenly working on ANY version of the emulator then the issue isn't gonna be with PPSSPP. I deleted and re-installed all my Wine stuff and now my sound is back and everything is running well again. Smile
12-02-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: [Resolved] All of a sudden no sound :(
Topic title edited to reflect that the issue is resolved.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.