Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Music games out of sync
11-17-2013, 01:12 AM
Question Music games out of sync
So I've been playing Pop n' Music and Taiko No Tatsujin recently, and both games are out of sync badly. As in: The notes come in, but too late, but it may be too early, I can't quite remember. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2013, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 06:28 PM by Blyss Sarania.)
RE: Music games out of sync
(11-17-2013 01:12 AM)Alex311360 Wrote:  So I've been playing Pop n' Music and Taiko No Tatsujin recently, and both games are out of sync badly. As in: The notes come in, but too late, but it may be too early, I can't quite remember. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks.

Lots of things will cause this:

Your monitor
Your audio card/setup
Your controller

See Here on PCSX2 for a discussion. BTW this thread is both about PPSSPP and PCSX2.

Specifically:

Koji Wrote:There is inherently going to be SOME sort of delay due to the nature of emulation, but in most cases it won't be severe enough to hinder music games by themselves, but coupled with other issues inherent to emulation (inaccuracies, mistimings, etc) and it does tend to show up. The problem is that 99% of games it doesn't matter if the audio, for example, lags slightly behind the game (20 to even as much as 200ms) where as in rhythm games that's absolutely huge.

To add to that even more is that PCs (which are most often used for emulation) also have inherent lag between video and audio, adding another 20-40ms (normally undetectable to most people's ears, but it adds up) especially if you're running on a machine with a built in or low end audio "card".

I just recently switched from a PS2 controller through adapter to a Dual Shock 3 and my input lag lessened by 30ms.

But for instance, I have a 720P HDTV that all rhythm games are horribly out of sync on. It has a setting on it to adjust the sync(some monitors do, you might check) but it doesn't help.

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+ | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4GHz | HIS Radeon 7870 2GB 256 bit GDDR5 @ 1337MHz core, 1337MHz mem
8GB (2 x 4GB Dual Channel) Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 @ 9,9,9,27
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD (Sequential R|W: 162|151 MB/Sec)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply