Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 4.6 Average
God Eater 2
01-31-2014, 11:05 AM
RE: God Eater 2
(01-21-2014 06:57 AM)CPkmn Wrote:  currentStack.start = userMemory.Alloc(stackSize, fromTop, (std::string("stack/") + nt.name).c_str());

to

currentStack.start = userMemory.Alloc(stackSize, true, (std::string("stack/") + nt.name).c_str());

in Core/HLE/sceKernelThread.cpp.
this modification is a hack so it won't be pulled into the official build, but if you want to play the updated ISO now it's possible with it.

how can i apply this to ppsspp? sorry im kinda new, and i really want that character episode replay on 1.10 >_< , i tried downloading github and editing the file, still nothing,, sorry and thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2014, 11:28 AM
(01-31-2014 11:05 AM)A671DR218 Wrote:  
(01-21-2014 06:57 AM)CPkmn Wrote:  currentStack.start = userMemory.Alloc(stackSize, fromTop, (std::string("stack/") + nt.name).c_str());

to

currentStack.start = userMemory.Alloc(stackSize, true, (std::string("stack/") + nt.name).c_str());

in Core/HLE/sceKernelThread.cpp.
this modification is a hack so it won't be pulled into the official build, but if you want to play the updated ISO now it's possible with it.

how can i apply this to ppsspp? sorry im kinda new, and i really want that character episode replay on 1.10 >_< , i tried downloading github and editing the file, still nothing,, sorry and thanks

maybe this might be helpfull to you:

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...=Compiling

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
01-31-2014, 11:59 AM
thank you so much Raimoo Smile, ill try it as soon as my net speed stablizes
02-03-2014, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 08:56 PM by TheDax.)
(01-21-2014 10:40 PM)CPkmn Wrote:  it's why you need to add a small hack to the official build to make it workable. sorry, I originally put that note in between my screenshots so you might not have noticed...just changed it to before the screenshots.

I can't really distribute my build since it contains more than the tweak I posted previously and I don't really want to upload my modified source code (required by GPL to distribute pre-built versions) but if you can't do the modification yourself, you can find a link to a modified build which supports the 1.2 update on chinese site. Unfortunately I can't directly link to the page since it contains a copy of the full ISO.

I'm sorry to bring up a slightly old topic, but I need some help.

I found your custom builds on chinese site (atleast, I'm assuming it's yours?). Downloaded the different ones, and still can not get God Eater 2 with the updates (1.10 OR 1.20) to run at all. With a pre-patched iso of 1.20, I get the black screen with the PSN error in white letters, and with just an untouched copy and the DLC files under PSP->GAME I get an error IN GAME telling me to download the updates.

Totally at a loss, can anyone assist me? My PSP is iffy which is why I'm playing this on the computer in the first place in the event that it dies... and I really don't want to continue playing until I can get the DLC missions working :(

Thanks in advance!
02-04-2014, 01:41 AM
It tells you to download the updates while you put them to correct folder because they're encrypted with keys which ppsspp doesn't have hence they cannot be read by the game. The only solution is to decrypt all of those update files on psp or less officially at least find them already decrypted on the net.
With decrypted files and special ppsspp build it works just fine not counting other problems mentioned in this thread.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
02-04-2014, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 08:56 PM by TheDax.)
Took a stab in the dark tonight and fixed the God Machine in my build ^_^ I think I have a good idea of how to fix consecutive missions as well.

Note: As it's been asked a few times, the build on chinese site is *NOT* my own. It's by another user who wants to let people play the updated ISO if they can't build it themselves.

Correct God Machine in v1.20 on my build
[Image: 0893589e-8d6e-11e3-9906-4be13e0cc416.jpg]

Incorrect God Machine if you use the hack from before
[Image: f7024bc0-8260-11e3-9e9b-2262e040fff0.png]
02-04-2014, 07:55 AM
(02-04-2014 06:37 AM)CPkmn Wrote:  Took a stab in the dark tonight and fixed the God Machine in my build ^_^ I think I have a good idea of how to fix consecutive missions as well.

Ahh that's good news Big Grin

o.o Oh Hi XD

AOD270
02-04-2014, 12:11 PM
GE2 V1.3 update will be release soon this February

o.o Oh Hi XD

AOD270
02-04-2014, 01:54 PM
i downgraded my GE2 and the game works on my tablet (galaxy tab 8.9) tho i found it funny that textures in game would a ppear in blocks and it srsly is annoying when finding enemies.
02-04-2014, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 08:55 PM by TheDax.)
(02-04-2014 01:41 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  It tells you to download the updates while you put them to correct folder because they're encrypted with keys which ppsspp doesn't have hence they cannot be read by the game. The only solution is to decrypt all of those update files on psp or less officially at least find them already decrypted on the net.
With decrypted files and special ppsspp build it works just fine not counting other problems mentioned in this thread.

I have both decrypted the files and used someone's decrypted update files that I found on another forum, sorry for not clarifying that. These are all the combos I've tried (on multiple 'hack' builds of ppsspp that were located on chinese site);

Clean ISO + RAW 1.20 Update
Clean ISO + DECRYPT 1.20 Update
Patched ISO from ISOTOOL with 1.20 Update + RAW 1.20 Update in game folder anyway
Patched ISO from ISOTOOL with 1.20 Update + DECRYPT 1.20 Update in game folder anyway

That's why I'm wondering why it's still not working. I found a build that allowed the updates, but would hang and force close as soon as I walked a few steps (which I believe was mentioned earlier in this thread, so it's probably the wrong 'hack'). And the other three or four 'hack' builds wouldn't recognize the update or give me the black screen and not even start up with the PSN error (with all the combos above).

Is it ok to ask what build I should be using (and if not could someone PM me the correct one/combo of letters after the official build name)? Because maybe I just found the wrong group of them :/

Sorry, and thanks! I just really want to play the updates, and I've put 60+ hours of love and rage into this game already, haha.

Edit: And now I believe my save data is corrupted, so even though I believe I may have it working, my 60+ hour file will now refuse to load and bumps me back to the title screen :( has anyone else encountered this? It let me do the game data install directly through PPSSPP, which is what got it working, I think, but now my save data just... died.
02-05-2014, 05:48 PM
God Eater 2
Im having issues with the dlc's i have the files for them but i dont know where to put them at.
Also if i already posted this thread delete the old one.
02-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-05-2014, 07:02 PM
this doesnt help me lol, im still lost.
02-05-2014, 08:17 PM
I'm sorry, I can't help you given that I don't own this game Undecided

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-13-2014, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2014 07:42 AM by Raimoo.)
God Eater 2 update v1.3 has been announced for this coming Valentine's Day.
Contents included:

-Wild Tiger Style 2 Clothes for Males and Barnaby Brooks Jr. Style 2 Clothes for Females, in colaboration with Tiger & Bunny: The Rising.

-Blood Arts modifications

-Free for all release of Alisa iM@S and Classic 1st Unit Characters NPC cards

-New Missions

-New BGMs: Deo Volente and Endless Invasion field BGM

-Magnesium has been "re-added" in the respective shop in both FRIAR and Far East Branch mission lobby, will be available after Story 53

o.o Oh Hi XD

AOD270