Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 4.6 Average
God Eater 2
04-02-2014, 01:56 PM
RE: God Eater 2
So I think I will detail the next update, ver.1.40, since I haven't seen it posted here. There was no update last month since this one is a massive update, but they say they are near completion.

Contents :

- Online Multiplayer (vita only)
I think this one was known as an upcoming vita feature. This feature should be self-explanatory.

- Survival Mode (provisional name)

* These missions are several missions which you challenge consecutively.
* You have a new "durability" gauge. If it runs out, you're knocked out of the mission. If you are knocked out, you fail all of the missions you challenged. If an NPC is knocked out, the NPC is no longer usable until you either finish or are knocked out yourself.
* You can respawn more than 3 times during survival mode however each time your HP hits 0, your durability gauge decreases.
* You can change the difficulty (1~99) and be rewarded with an in-game t-shirt which shows what difficulty you cleared. They say there's no reward difference in challenging higher difficulties versus lower difficulties except the t-shirt you get for clearing the survival mode difficulty...and well, if you complete a high difficulty you also get satisfaction with yourself as a player.
* There is at least one new Aragami in the ver.1.40 update...it looks like a new Jinkihei.

- NPC Growth

* NPCs can become stronger or get new abilities the more you use them.
* There will be a new EXP gauge at the end of missions to display your progress with them.

1.40 Screenshots :

Multiplayer Screens -
[Image: cc2a005aeca75cbfa846855a784da4dc.jpg]
[Image: 0ffd0a4888287490c63630d1fe68b608.jpg]

Durability Screen -
[Image: 2710c7781775a31cc428fdd9223b8b55.jpg]

Difficulty Adjustment screen -
[Image: 6073753f53c7171d5e51d02938783ea2.jpg]

Difficulty 5 clear t-shirt -
[Image: 07facf317a23cbb7b7a3e0d3a9c7c5b5.jpg]

New Aragami -
The durability gauge is displayed during missions (it's the blue gauge under your timer).
[Image: 470343.jpg]

NPC growth screen -
[Image: 4e09884f21f296bc8d6e9286108701081.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 03:36 PM by Raimoo.)
Oh that's an interesting update :o

especially NPC update you get to lvl them up the more you use them.

Seem the PS Vita version of the game get to use chatroom in multiplayer with touchscreen keyboard lol.

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
04-07-2014, 11:44 AM
all i can say "mada f4ka", awesome update, it's really testing our playin skill,

Operating System : Win8 Pro 32-bit, based on x64 Procie
Motherboard : ECS G41T-R3V1.0A
Processor : Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz x2 ~2992MHz (2 CPU's)
Memory : 4096MB RAM
VGA : Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset (1024 MB)
OpenGL : 5.1.2600.5512
Processor Codename : Wolfdale

Need Say More..?
04-07-2014, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2014 04:39 PM by Iracy.)
Okay so basically, I have some really annoying problems.

I AM able to run the game just fine.
However, I plan to record an actual gameplay footage for this so here's my problem:

I have 2 GPU's, my Intel HD Graphics and my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850.
Both have the latest drivers, or at least that's what my notebook tells me.

Here's my other info:

- Acer Aspire 7745G
- Intel i5 QuadCore 4x2.53Ghz or 4x 2.83Ghz with Turbo Boost.
- nATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850 Graphic Card/ Intel HD Graphics
- 4GB DDR3 RAM
- Around 380GB free Disk Space

Okay, so far so good.

If I start the game while having my Intel GPU active, the game works perfectly fine.
It's fluent and fully playable, usually around 54-57 fps.
I don't even have to restart my Emulator after each mission like you guys said here.
I can keep playing nonstop.(I guess that's the only good thing, huh?)
However, when I try to record my game while on this GPU, the game goes straight to 3fps.
That's unusable material, complete trash.

Now, if I however, use my Radeon GFX Card, the game itself runs even better, a. 58-60fps.
If I turn on the Bandicam recording, the FPS merely drops to a still awesome 51fps~(even tho it shows 30).
Playing with my Radeon card is kinda impossible tho.
The whole emulator dies at each single cutscene.
I can run around and also do Mission I think(I haven't tried yet honestly, I'll do later) while in a map.
I'm not sure why my emulator crashes, but I do get a pretty weird message that my driver(?) crashed.

Anyway, here are some recordings of the actual process.
When the video suddenly ends, it means that my whole interface etc. just died there due to playing with the Radeon Card:

- PPSSPPv9.8 + ISOv1.0:

Before/While Crash - youtu.be/-QIhDdx2g3c

After Crash - youtu.be/rshqEqjPHTg

- PPSSPP Mod from LunaMoo + ISOv1.3:

Before/While Crash - youtu.be/Q9c3U0yQYVk

After Crash - youtu.be/8O40DqTrX-I

I REALLY REALLY hope you can help me out here lol.
Thanks in advance

PS: My sound does get a bit fuzzy sometimes when recording stuff, just ignore that.
04-07-2014, 10:58 PM
@Iracy
As for your problem with v1.00 ~ never had a crash after creating character, but this is probably caused by "fast memory". Just go to ppsspp settings -> system and deactivate it.

The second problem with v1.30 is not really crash or anything like that, updated game requires some update files/dlc's to run from the memstick, those files are unfortunately encrypted in a way that ppsspp nor any other emulator or pc program could decrypt and so the game doesn't detect those files at all or detects them corrupted and ask you to redownload the update from psn. The only way to pass this is by using update files decrypted on real psp. I think both PRXdecrypter and PSPCipher can be used to decrypt them.
You can also google for decrypted dlc/update files for GE2, this game doesn't really have paid dlc's, so it should be legal to get them like that.
Once you have decrypted update files/dlc's you have to put it's folder(called NPJH50832) inside your "ppsspp\memstick\PSP\GAME" directory and the game should continue without the "Playstation Network" message of death. I would still recommend to disable "fast memory" if you had it on, since it easily add extra crashes.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
04-09-2014, 06:00 PM
New here so....can this be played well? or not I have read some post telling me that it is not??? but i having a thought of giving it a try!!!
04-09-2014, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 08:54 PM by Raimoo.)
@Saintroah

LunaMoo Wrote:Just as you can see by where this thread is - oficially it's not playable, however unofficially with some workarounds and patience, we can play through whole game from quite some time and probably at least a few of us here already did so. @_@

If you want to try the unofficial way, there are 2 cases depending on game version:
- v1.00 - it should run on official ppsspp versions,
- updated game with dlc's(current latest and also best 1.30) - requires modified build to work ~ you can build your own or use for example my build which I posted in some earlier posts in this thread for windows and android. Also for updated game to even boot correctly, dlc's/update files have to be decrypted on psp, you can do it by yourself or just google for decrypted update.

In both cases we can only play 1 mission, then save, restart, and continue with another mission otherwise the game will crash, also there are extra crashes at times while using savestates during mission, nothing too terrible since it happens max 1 time per mission and from my experience doesn't happen at all when not using savestates there.

Another issue would be slightly missplaced and way too detailed bloom effects at higher res which is somewhat ugly for anyone knowing how it should look. This is just cosmetic glitch caused by upscalling which affects many games with bloom effects and depends alot on the settings used and personal vision of eyecandy, can be even removed totally with non-buffered rendering.

Pretty much this explains everything. You won't get a smooth gameplay because of the constant crash after subsequent mission but the game is playable if you don't mind restarting the emu everytime after you finish a mission.

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
04-16-2014, 04:45 AM
(04-09-2014 08:53 PM)Raimoo Wrote:  @Saintroah

LunaMoo Wrote:Just as you can see by where this thread is - oficially it's not playable, however unofficially with some workarounds and patience, we can play through whole game from quite some time and probably at least a few of us here already did so. @_@

If you want to try the unofficial way, there are 2 cases depending on game version:
- v1.00 - it should run on official ppsspp versions,
- updated game with dlc's(current latest and also best 1.30) - requires modified build to work ~ you can build your own or use for example my build which I posted in some earlier posts in this thread for windows and android. Also for updated game to even boot correctly, dlc's/update files have to be decrypted on psp, you can do it by yourself or just google for decrypted update.

In both cases we can only play 1 mission, then save, restart, and continue with another mission otherwise the game will crash, also there are extra crashes at times while using savestates during mission, nothing too terrible since it happens max 1 time per mission and from my experience doesn't happen at all when not using savestates there.

Another issue would be slightly missplaced and way too detailed bloom effects at higher res which is somewhat ugly for anyone knowing how it should look. This is just cosmetic glitch caused by upscalling which affects many games with bloom effects and depends alot on the settings used and personal vision of eyecandy, can be even removed totally with non-buffered rendering.

Pretty much this explains everything. You won't get a smooth gameplay because of the constant crash after subsequent mission but the game is playable if you don't mind restarting the emu everytime after you finish a mission.

Players that are still having problems with the game working should take off fast memory & I/O on thread.
04-19-2014, 05:41 PM
What ppsspp build is everyone using because mine just keeps on crashing when i try to move my character. I am using the 1.30 updated version

specs

16gb ram

intel i7 4500U 1.80GHz
04-19-2014, 05:44 PM
Try starting the game normally(new game or load normal save)and don't use save states(create or load).
See if it will still crash.

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
04-19-2014, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2014 05:58 PM by notrustinsasuke.)
thanks it actually worked when i did a normal load, but it is only working for the 9.6 build and not for the latest 9.8 build
04-25-2014, 05:42 AM
LunaMoo....sorry for asking this again.Can you compile ppsspp v0.9.8-500-gb0e97a0 for god eater 2 v1.30 because on the build that i ask you to compile before broke the summon night 5 shadow
04-25-2014, 12:21 PM
As far as I can tell latest version works exactly same for GE2 as it was last time, nothing big changed in ppsspp itself either, the only difference from a GE2 player perspective would be a number in ppsspp revision, so I'm not really gonna update it now;].

To begin with this build should only be used for updated GE2 and other games not working on it or being bugged would be completely normal thing to see doesn't matter what revision it'll be based on, because the change is not safe at all, in fact it doesn't completely fix GE2 either, it's still very broken, it's memory still is shifted in compare to what should be on real psp and seem to work by the power of luck. Just use official build for other games and you'll be fine.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
04-25-2014, 12:50 PM
(04-25-2014 12:21 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  As far as I can tell latest version works exactly same for GE2 as it was last time, nothing big changed in ppsspp itself either, the only difference from a GE2 player perspective would be a number in ppsspp revision, so I'm not really gonna update it now;].

To begin with this build should only be used for updated GE2 and other games not working on it or being bugged would be completely normal thing to see doesn't matter what revision it'll be based on, because the change is not safe at all, in fact it doesn't completely fix GE2 either, it's still very broken, it's memory still is shifted in compare to what should be on real psp and seem to work by the power of luck. Just use official build for other games and you'll be fine.

can you teach me how to compile
04-26-2014, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2014 07:59 AM by denslife16.)
i can play ge2 1.30 on untouched latest build on my android, 1st use modified ppsspp 0.9.7.2-235 and after taking mission in the lobby use savestate on the loading screen before the mission starts and exit ppsspp, then run latest build ppsspp and loadstate the recently savestated and play... the only place untouched ppsspp crashing using updated ge2 iso is the lobby/headquarters, not during mission/battle field... its very easy but its tiring switching between modded and untouched...

dont know if this works on windows