Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
new 9.5 update sound choppy
11-09-2013, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 06:01 AM by Ritori.)
RE: new 9.5 update sound choppy
(11-09-2013 05:33 AM)dlanor Wrote:  
(11-03-2013 08:34 AM)shadowmoonz Wrote:  sounds problem also happen in disgae 2: dark heroes days..the waterish sound happen when start the game

I too have noticed sound problems in that game, and not just at the start either.

There's a 'victory fanfare' whenever you finish a battle, and this sounds very bad now, though it sounded perfectly normal in some old versions.

NB:
I most recently tested this sound effect in build 182 of PPSSPP v0.9.5, where it still sounds horrible, so the fixes mentioned above (build 96 etc) have not helped at all for this.

I will now download the current latest build and test this again, to see if there's any improvement in this sound effect, made after build 182, and then I'll report to this thread again with my new results (good or bad).

Best regards: dlanor

it work fine on latest build now but... FPS became 60/60 and my laptop can't handle that 60/60 is that normal? I think i remember i last play this game it 30/30 for sure maybe it broken somewhere? (use frameskip auto then it became 30/60 normal speed)

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2013, 08:11 AM
(11-09-2013 05:51 AM)Ritori Wrote:  it work fine on latest build now but...

It does seem fine on some platforms, but not on all.

Quote:FPS became 60/60 and my laptop can't handle that 60/60 is that normal? I think i remember i last play this game it 30/30 for sure maybe it broken somewhere? (use frameskip auto then it became 30/60 normal speed)

Since this thread is dedicated to a sound issue, I think it would be better for you to open a new thread for the issue of unexpected/wrong FPS.

----- Back to the main topic -----

I've now tested the sound effect I mentioned in my last post on several platforms using PPSSPP v0.9.5 build 213, and the problem remains in severe form on the OUYA, though it appears to have been fixed both for Win7 and my Android Tablet. The main sound effect tested in these tests is the battle victory fanfare in 'Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days'.

On the OUYA alone that sound effect (and several others) is badly broken, with parts of the sound playing with obviously wrong frequency and weird modulation. It's recognizable as a kind of fanfare still, but not at all similar to how it should sound, and still does sound on other platforms.

This is odd, since both the Tablet and the OUYA use variations of the 'Jelly Bean' Android version (4.1.1 and 4.1.2 respectively), and both use processors of the same family. But apparently something differs in the audio driver department...

As far as my testing is concerned the remaining sound issue is OUYA-specific.
(Though this is not certain. It may remain for other Android platforms too.)

I also want to emphasize that even for the OUYA this is a fairly NEW problem, introduced at the same time as the problem appeared for other platforms, but not fixed by the recent changes which fixed it for those other platforms.

Best regards: dlanor
11-10-2013, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 09:59 AM by Legion.)
Also problem with game Parasite Eve: The 3rd Birthday [ULES-01513] on PC. Ingame dialogs are stuttered. Everything works fine with PPSSPP v0.9.1.
11-10-2013, 10:25 AM
i've read many posts concerning sound problems with 0.9.5 ..
i wonder what the devs's comment/plans about this?
but i believe in them that this can be fixed ! Big Grin

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
11-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Can confirm distorted voices and occasional cracks in fate/extra and ccc in 0.9.5. No problems in earlier versions.
11-10-2013, 07:51 PM
(11-10-2013 07:16 PM)zer0kewl Wrote:  Can confirm distorted voices and occasional cracks in fate/extra and ccc in 0.9.5. No problems in earlier versions.

Already test those game and I don't has any problem you mention maybe it already be fix on latest version I used ppsspp v0.9.5-251-g345a4cc you can find that build here http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

@globe yup they will doing something about it maybe release 0.9.6? Tongue most problem already be fix, I only test on windows side only..

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB