Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crashing while loading 100% each time (NOT INTEL!)=/
11-08-2013, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2013 08:39 PM by dlanor.)
RE: Crashing while loading 100% each time (NOT INTEL!)=/
(11-08-2013 06:23 PM)TheMadHatter Wrote:  Everything up to date and OGL 2.0 just fine...if you read the first comment

I think you missed the point here, as tiktakt0w meant that you might need OGL 2.1, in which case having OGL 2.0 would not help.

I'm not sure myself if OGL must be at the 2.1 level for PPSSPP to run these games, but if that is the case then you need better drivers.

And the best drivers probably won't be supplied by Dell, but by the manufacturer of the graphics card in your Dell computer. (As Dell doesn't make those cards themselves.)

Judging from that page you linked to, it's ATI that's responsible for the video drivers. And they might have newer/better ones than Dell bothers to distribute.

Quote:Maybe my machine cannot run games. But it can run the emulator, so how does that even make any sense at all??

Actually it does make a lot of sense, if you think about how an emulator works. Obviously the GUI doesn't require as advanced graphics handling as the in-game rendering of 3D models with all the special effects some games use. So it's inside the games that the most demanding graphics functions will be used. And if some of those functions weren't defined yet for OGL 2.0, then they may require OGL 2.1, even if the emulator GUI does not...

Best regards: dlanor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crashing while loading 100% each time (NOT INTEL!)=/ - dlanor - 11-08-2013 08:32 PM