Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crashing while loading 100% each time (NOT INTEL!)=/
11-05-2013, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 04:26 PM by TheMadHatter.)
Crashing while loading 100% each time (NOT INTEL!)=/
Being new to PPSSPP I thought it maybe my fault(and still could be?), but with every build and all options ticked/unticked I have yet to see a game working at all on WinXP SP3 32bit. The program starts and I can go through all the options and it looks like it works. But as soon as I try to Start/open a game(ISO) it crashes immediately 100% each time I try to open a game.

Using a Dell Latitude D810 with ATI x600 video card stating it is OGL 2.0 functional. Updated all the way.

Anyone know any reason why this happens?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 05:20 PM
RE: Crashing while loading 100% each time (NOT INTEL!)=/
In case anyone here ignores my thread thinking I am to stupid to read previous threads etc. To explain. The emulator DOES TURN ON!

The emu only crashes when I try "open file" to test a game. I have no idea why this would happen and I can't seem to copy the crash that windows brings up.

It gives all the coding errors etc for the reason why and won't allow me to copy it(genius microsoft).

Soooo...anyone have any ideas? I thought Henrik had a short term fix .exe but I can't find it on the forums because the Search function is useless >_>
11-05-2013, 05:41 PM
That mean all you game is crash? btw can you list which game you use to test maybe that give some answer why it crash.

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Correct. Many users have EMULATOR crash, this is not true for me. Emulator(PPSSPP) is OK, and turns on. All games crash or black screen =/

I am downloading multiple 9.5 builds now. Hoping 1 will work. But I cannot always use internet so it is difficult to make comments on this forum.

Is there a special folder to use for opening games?
Example:
I place PPSSPP folder on desktop and games on desktop. When opening games, windows gives "sorry...crashed" message.

Thanks for the response. =)
11-05-2013, 05:55 PM
(11-05-2013 05:48 PM)TheMadHatter Wrote:  Is there a special folder to use for opening games?
Example:
I place PPSSPP folder on desktop and games on desktop. When opening games, windows gives "sorry...crashed" message.

games can open it many way drag and drop on ppsspp or find you game at Tab game or press Load... button to find you game.
I put my game in D:PPSSPP/ISO/... to make it easy for me.

by the way, which game you try?

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Astonishia, Sid Meier's Pirates, Class of Heroes 1, Gungnir, a few others, but I am not home, so I cannot remember all titles. Sorry.
11-05-2013, 06:07 PM
(11-05-2013 05:57 PM)TheMadHatter Wrote:  Astonishia, Sid Meier's Pirates, Class of Heroes 1, Gungnir, a few others, but I am not home, so I cannot remember all titles. Sorry.

weird problem dunno how to solved most you game are playable list Huh

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Thank you for posting. Maybe henrik will have some ideas. =)

I will try more builds as they update.
11-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Maybe those games are calling 2.1 OGL functions?

Based on what you've said, your card is 2.0 OGL compliant, and not 2.1.

But I'm pretty much sure that it's probably lacking proper drivers. Try getting the latest drivers for your card from the manufacturer (From their site) and see if the crashing persists.

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 @1.4Ghz
---------------------------------------------
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
11-08-2013, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2013 06:24 PM by TheMadHatter.)
Everything up to date and OGL 2.0 just fine...if you read the first comment >_>

Take a look for your self:
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/e...itude-d810
Video.

Maybe my machine cannot run games. But it can run the emulator, so how does that even make any sense at all??

Besides which, I know the games are working because I run them on my Tablet.

So Henrik or anyone else have any idea why every game I test crashes?

I really don't want this on my tablet, I want it on my Laptop -_-
(VC2010 redist <--- installed)
11-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Does it work if you enable the "software renderer"? It'll be very slow but if it does, it means it's something OpenGL related most likely.

-[Unknown]
11-08-2013, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2013 08:39 PM by dlanor.)
(11-08-2013 06:23 PM)TheMadHatter Wrote:  Everything up to date and OGL 2.0 just fine...if you read the first comment

I think you missed the point here, as tiktakt0w meant that you might need OGL 2.1, in which case having OGL 2.0 would not help.

I'm not sure myself if OGL must be at the 2.1 level for PPSSPP to run these games, but if that is the case then you need better drivers.

And the best drivers probably won't be supplied by Dell, but by the manufacturer of the graphics card in your Dell computer. (As Dell doesn't make those cards themselves.)

Judging from that page you linked to, it's ATI that's responsible for the video drivers. And they might have newer/better ones than Dell bothers to distribute.

Quote:Maybe my machine cannot run games. But it can run the emulator, so how does that even make any sense at all??

Actually it does make a lot of sense, if you think about how an emulator works. Obviously the GUI doesn't require as advanced graphics handling as the in-game rendering of 3D models with all the special effects some games use. So it's inside the games that the most demanding graphics functions will be used. And if some of those functions weren't defined yet for OGL 2.0, then they may require OGL 2.1, even if the emulator GUI does not...

Best regards: dlanor
11-09-2013, 02:22 PM
(11-05-2013 02:56 PM)TheMadHatter Wrote:  Being new to PPSSPP I thought it maybe my fault(and still could be?), but with every build and all options ticked/unticked I have yet to see a game working at all on WinXP SP3 32bit. The program starts and I can go through all the options and it looks like it works. But as soon as I try to Start/open a game(ISO) it crashes immediately 100% each time I try to open a game.

Using a Dell Latitude D810 with ATI x600 video card stating it is OGL 2.0 functional. Updated all the way.

Anyone know any reason why this happens?

your problem sounds like my 1 from here
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6280

only difference we have is that my was on nvidia card

try to go to ATI Catalyst or what ever ATI control panel is called and reset it to defaults if wont help try to reinstall drivers to older or newer version maybe that will help you at last worth to try

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
11-12-2013, 03:55 PM
I'll give it a whirl. Can't hurt as nothing works anyway >_>