Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved] Transfer saves between Android devices?
11-03-2013, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2013 10:30 PM by vnctdj.)
[Solved] Transfer saves between Android devices?
Sorry if this has already been asked, I searched but all that I saw was for transferring to/from PSP/Windows/IOS. How do your transfer your PSP saves from one Android device to the next? I tried backing up app data and restoring it on the other, but it didn't work. I am using the same SD card too, so if it is on the SD card I don't know why it wouldn't work automatically.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: Transfer saves between Android devices?
(11-03-2013 12:16 PM)wrkingclass_hero Wrote:  Sorry if this has already been asked, I searched but all that I saw was for transferring to/from PSP/Windows/IOS. How do your transfer your PSP saves from one Android device to the next? I tried backing up app data and restoring it on the other, but it didn't work. I am using the same SD card too, so if it is on the SD card I don't know why it wouldn't work automatically.

On android, the savedata folder can be found at sdcard/PSP/SAVEDATA
Smile

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 @1.4Ghz
---------------------------------------------
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
11-04-2013, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 11:56 AM by dlanor.)
(11-03-2013 12:16 PM)wrkingclass_hero Wrote:  Sorry if this has already been asked, I searched but all that I saw was for transferring to/from PSP/Windows/IOS. How do your transfer your PSP saves from one Android device to the next? I tried backing up app data and restoring it on the other, but it didn't work. I am using the same SD card too, so if it is on the SD card I don't know why it wouldn't work automatically.

What 'tiktakt0w' posted is essentially correct, for how to find the saves in the Android filesystem, but it skipped over what tools you need to access this.

Standard Android system-level backup tools have nothing to do with this sort of thing, as you've already noticed.

What you need to do is to find and install a good generic file manager tool app, such as the "ES File Explorer", and learn how to use it in copying files/folders between the internal or sdcard storage and other storage locations. These can include cloud services (though I never use such) or shared folders on a PC in your LAN (which is what I always use).

You can then use "ES File Explorer" first on one Android device, to copy the PSP game saves to a PC folder, and then use the same app on the other Android device to copy those saves from the same PC folder to the local "sdcard/PSP/SAVEDATA" folder of that device.

I use this method to let all four of my Android devices share some things through a shared folder on a PC.
(Not just game saves, but also sideloaded beta apps and a lot of other stuff.)

Best regards: dlanor
11-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Or upload those files to a storage site to send them to yourself via the internet OR you could dump them onto a SD card and physically transfer them over to another device. Also if you are able to use a memory stick, you can do the same thing.
11-06-2013, 03:53 PM
I believe we don't need a full fledged File Manager to access the 'SAVEDATA' folder as it is located in the "sdcard" partition and is not in the 'system' part which, can't be seen using a standard file explorer.

Any "modern" file manager with the ability to copy and paste will do the job.

Heck, you don't even have to copy and paste anything, just zip it then send it via bluetooth.
Wink

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
11-06-2013, 07:19 PM
(11-06-2013 03:53 PM)tiktakt0w Wrote:  Heck, you don't even have to copy and paste anything, just zip it then send it via bluetooth.
Wink

Not that it matters at all, as any method that works for you is worthwhile using, but even so I fail to see how 'zipping and sending' is simpler than 'copying and pasting'.

11-07-2013, 01:23 PM
(11-06-2013 07:19 PM)dlanor Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 03:53 PM)tiktakt0w Wrote:  Heck, you don't even have to copy and paste anything, just zip it then send it via bluetooth.
Wink

Not that it matters at all, as any method that works for you is worthwhile using, but even so I fail to see how 'zipping and sending' is simpler than 'copying and pasting'.

Don't forget that the OP asked "How do your transfer your PSP saves from one Android device to the next?".

I told him how.
lol,

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
11-07-2013, 01:37 PM
i smell some argument..
dont argue!
peace brotherhood! Tongue

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
11-07-2013, 02:41 PM
(11-07-2013 01:37 PM)globe94 Wrote:  i smell some argument..
dont argue!

I agree!! Peace be with everybody! Rolleyes

I think by reading the posts above, OP's question has already been answered. (To everyone, Please do read the thread title!)

Thread should be closed. Smile

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
11-07-2013, 07:54 PM
(11-07-2013 01:37 PM)globe94 Wrote:  i smell some argument..
dont argue!

There's no argument here. Smile

Either method is equally valid as long as it achieves the intended result.
I just asked for his point of view, since my preference differed from his.

11-07-2013, 10:31 PM
RE: [Solved] Transfer saves between Android devices?
Thread's title edited.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2