Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] PPSSPP Not Working since 8.1 install
10-28-2013, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 06:44 PM by frog27.)
[SOLVED] PPSSPP Not Working since 8.1 install
Hello all. I have been using PPSSPP for a few months now and aside from a few problems it has worked fine. I am running a fairly old ATI card (Radeon HD 4870) which has had some issues in the past. However the latest problem I am having is with OpenGL. Whenever I attempt to boot up PPSSPP it says that my computer goes not support OpenGL 2.0. Since the only thing that has changed since the last time I ran the software was updating from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 I assume that has to be at fault. Anyone have any idea what happened and/or solutions? According to a utility I got from the AMD website my drivers are up to date and everything.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2013, 05:17 AM
RE: PPSSPP Not Working since 8.1 install
Are you using 64bit Windows if so, I found this page hopefully of use to you.
http://driverscollection.com/?H=Radeon%2...7%2064-bit
Its version 13.1 - is this what driver you are using?
10-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Hm, it's not good if we are misdetecting OpenGL support. I just pushed a change that lets you bypass the check, can you please go into settings->system->developer option-> System Info and take a screenshot, if it works for you?
10-29-2013, 01:24 AM
(10-28-2013 12:03 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Hm, it's not good if we are misdetecting OpenGL support. I just pushed a change that lets you bypass the check, can you please go into settings->system->developer option-> System Info and take a screenshot, if it works for you?

I downloaded the latest one available (v0.9.1-2262-g64c7736) because the one that specifically mentioned clicking past opengl support wasn't available. Clicking yes exited the program and clicking no caused PPSSPP to crash so I was unable to get into the settings menu.

To the person above who linked the driver, the last time I updated to that driver it caused crashing so I reverted to the one I have now.
11-03-2013, 06:43 PM
I found this solution on a Minecraft forum and figured I'd share for anyone else with this problem

Quote:I don't know if you found the solution but I figured it out!

Press the Windows button + X, click Device Manager, click on Display adapters

If it has "ATI Radeon HD XXXX Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)" then that is your problem.

1. Right click that and click "Update Driver Software"
2. click "Brows my computer for driver software"
3. click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
4. select "ATI Radeon HD XXXX Series"
5. Click next. (Mine took about 3 minutes to fully install the driver, then I rebooted and all was fine)
6. Play minecraft!

If "ATI Radeon HD XXXX Series" doesn't show up then you probably have to run the installer for your video card drivers (as stated by cestislife) and repeat the process. Worked for me I hope this helps you and many others!

Here's the thread http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2047...y-problem/