Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
flashing screen ( with squaresoft games?)
10-26-2013, 09:06 AM
flashing screen ( with squaresoft games?)
Hello , first of all cheers for this emulator , it is so good , I changed from the playstore/website version to the last build and the first game I Started to play ( persona 3 ) runs perfect speed and graphics now Big Grin

I tried to play dissidia 012 and crisis core tho and , while they seem to work perfectly both in graphics and speed , there is a very annoying black screen flashing constantly that doesn't go away until I put buffered rendering , but then the game looks a bit crappy tbh :/ , I play with non buffered rendering normally on Persona 3 , so I was wondering if it's a problem with square games only and how could I fix it?

Keep up the good work Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2013, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 03:28 AM by Blyss Sarania.)
RE: flashing screen ( with squaresoft games?)
It's not a problem with just square games, for instance I play the project diva games and turn buffered rendering off(makes the sync better) and all of the loading screens flash like that.

I'm not sure why buffered rendering would make it look worse though. AFAIK(and I am not a PPSSPP master, I'm going based on the name "buffered rendering") it just means it holds some frames back so there are no "no frame" conditions. Black screens for example.
10-30-2013, 05:28 AM
RE: flashing screen ( with squaresoft games?)
There's a standing issue affecting Dissidia 012, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, and apparently Crisis Core, in which the buffer is displaced up and to the left of the actual game video. This results in "ghosting" and blurry images.

0.9.1-r502 and before (for a while) don't have that issue, but there have been quite a few advances made in other areas so you have to consider whether it's worth it to lose those advances to get clean graphics.

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64