Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved] The best Monster Hunter game for start?
11-02-2013, 05:33 PM
RE: The best Monster Hunter game for start?
Tested Monster Hunter 1 on PCSX2.

Noob TongueShy ....

[Image: cqq7.png]

I'm analyzing the game.

Never played Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2013, 06:16 PM
I started with MHDOS on the ps2 and I'm still trying to complete it. I think it's the best way to begin because you don't have all the helps like farm, mine etc, and it's hard in other things too. I'm stuck on Diablos because my eager clever isn't good enough for it (great, after spending weeks of machalite ore hunting, I can't use the sword with the monsters right now, plus all bowguns suck for now). I will play MHFU when I get a PSP, I don't own it but I tried it on emu (it's legal to own a game for 24 hours) and it looks awesome, I think the PSP I'll get a day will be only for that game.
11-02-2013, 08:11 PM
"its legal to own a game for 24 hours" lmao, what then you just give it back? I can't see that somehow..

S TO DA G
11-03-2013, 08:15 AM
oops,sorry for the typo.i meant MGS : PW(metal gear solid : Peace walker). Is the Monster Hunter series more difficult than the MGS series???

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
11-03-2013, 11:30 AM
it's legal to own a game "downloaded" for 24 hours, after 24 hours it's illegal. You just delete it when you reach 24 hours
11-03-2013, 11:38 AM
they got some rules Liked that lol Tongue dunno who will follow that rules... download something illegal is illegal Tongue

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-03-2013, 01:05 PM
What i do to know a monsters weakness is first get some material of it (like a shinny drop, then if you cant beat it, fail x3 lol) so you can see its armor, an its armor will tell you wich elements he is strong and weak for (negative values ftw). Tha'ts how i discovered monoblos was weak against thunder and not ice like diablos as i thought .-. (i ended spending 40 minutes hunting it with ice hunting horn).

Another Thing, you will wanna hunt 10 yian kut-kus ( X killed + Y captured = 10+) so you will receive a special quest at 4 stars elder quest *-*

I remmeber i was scared of Plesioth since he used to pwn me at MH2dos, but now i can kill him in less of 10 minutes Big Grin #ThanksSpecialTrainingSchool

Many people Believe that Talent is about Luck, but Only a Few Know that Luck is about Talent.
11-03-2013, 03:04 PM
(11-03-2013 11:30 AM)Vincentmrl Wrote:  it's legal to own a game "downloaded" for 24 hours, after 24 hours it's illegal. You just delete it when you reach 24 hours

an old flamewar...
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=646

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
11-05-2013, 09:52 AM
i got a copy of this game today (from my friend)
its a difficult one! requires brains & thinking ( which i dont have much, hahaBig Grin)
i dont seem to find a good weapon. Sad
my best choice was gunlance, because it has shield and weapon with gun. but the damage is weak, and Hammers & big weapons are Slow attack(of course,they are heavy)
oh come on ! this is the first time i played this!
i'll analyze the game more.

btw, the performance is good, like in YS seven, i cant say its fully playable,BUT its VERY playable on my android,speed is good.

and, in game menu i saw 'download'
whats that? does it contain High Level Weapon/Armor? or stuff like that?

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
11-05-2013, 09:03 PM
(11-05-2013 09:52 AM)globe94 Wrote:  i got a copy of this game today (from my friend)
its a difficult one! requires brains & thinking ( which i dont have much, hahaBig Grin)
my best choice was gunlance, because it has shield and weapon with gun. but the damage is weak, and Hammers & big weapons are Slow attack(of course,they are heavy)

btw, the performance is good, like in YS seven, i cant say its fully playable,BUT its VERY playable on my android,speed is good.

Yes, MHFU is a difficult game Wink
You need some training first Smile

The "Download" option in the main menu refers to this Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-06-2013, 05:13 PM
(11-05-2013 09:52 AM)globe94 Wrote:  i got a copy of this game today (from my friend)

well, as vnctdj said, its a difficult game, but you can go train at hunter's school! (At village, go to the bottom, left of that gathering hall building)
The Instructor will teach you how to use each weapon. I try to keep a balance with all (all terrain hunter! Big Grin).

I'm a little ahead in the game (5 stars quest village quests and 4stars at gathering hall). So you can ask me anythign and i will try to answer Tongue

a little Tip: Gunlances have shell types and levels, there are 3 types: normal (normal little explosion, around 6 shots), long (reahes a little further, 3 shots) and Extended (big booms! only 2 shots before reoading).
The Types of shots also modifies the Wyvern Fire (Max Kaboom Thingie) i think. Level just says how strong the shots are, they are at description of weapon.
Oh and Wyvern Fire is sectioned in 4 "zones", so if you aim well, you maximize the damage dealt to a monster if each zone hits it Smile

Anything else, feel free to ask Big Grin

btw can i subscribe to this toppic? so i can know when is there a new message

Many people Believe that Talent is about Luck, but Only a Few Know that Luck is about Talent.
11-06-2013, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 10:24 PM by vnctdj.)
(11-06-2013 05:13 PM)ValentineVxx Wrote:  btw can i subscribe to this toppic? so i can know when is there a new message

Sure, you just have to click on this link : [Image: 458458831.png]
It's located at the bottom of the page you are reading at the moment Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-07-2013, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2013 01:38 AM by ValentineVxx.)
(11-06-2013 10:24 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 05:13 PM)ValentineVxx Wrote:  btw can i subscribe to this toppic? so i can know when is there a new message

Sure, you just have to click on this link : [Image: 458458831.png]
It's located at the bottom of the page you are reading at the moment Wink

I Already did it, i thought it was just for when someone replied my messages, but it doesn't appear any notifications for me 0.o

where should i check then?

Edit: Nvm i found the option at my user CP, lol i feel derp now...

11-07-2013, 06:32 AM
(11-06-2013 05:13 PM)ValentineVxx Wrote:  

well, as vnctdj said, its a difficult game, but you can go train at hunter's school! (At village, go to the bottom, left of that gathering hall building)
The Instructor will teach you how to use each weapon. I try to keep a balance with all (all terrain hunter! Big Grin).

I'm a little ahead in the game (5 stars quest village quests and 4stars at gathering hall). So you can ask me anythign and i will try to answer Tongue

a little Tip: Gunlances have shell types and levels, there are 3 types: normal (normal little explosion, around 6 shots), long (reahes a little further, 3 shots) and Extended (big booms! only 2 shots before reoading).
The Types of shots also modifies the Wyvern Fire (Max Kaboom Thingie) i think. Level just says how strong the shots are, they are at description of weapon.
Oh and Wyvern Fire is sectioned in 4 "zones", so if you aim well, you maximize the damage dealt to a monster if each zone hits it Smile

Anything else, feel free to ask Big Grin

btw can i subscribe to this toppic? so i can know when is there a new message

since u offered me help. can i ask?

* what weapon do u prefer?

* based on your description, gunlance is strong too right? (i knew it ! i choose a great weapon ! hahaha ! )

* where can i see those Kaboom! shell weapon level ups? i dont see it at the guy with "weaponcraft/armor/decor" store and in the cat next to him? where to find it?

* does training in school helps u level up?

* what about guild points/pokke points? what are those for?

* how to increase my Status?

sorry i didnt read a single word while starting game, what i did is played it already. skip skip skip ! Tongue

im so lazy Sad

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
11-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Maybe I will answer some of question Tongue

Quote:* where can i see those Kaboom! shell weapon level ups? i dont see it at the guy with "weaponcraft/armor/decor" store and in the cat next to him? where to find it?

You need buy it on item shop i think Tongue
Quote:* does training in school helps u level up?

This game don't has any level thing Tongue It depend you SKILL as hunter Tongue (My tranning stuck at tigrex damn that flagship of this game)

Quote:* what about guild points/pokke points? what are those for?

dunno about guild point o.o but pokke point used to exchange item or upgrade you farm Big Grin

Quote:* how to increase my Status?

Buy or create (mostly create) you armor and weapon Big Grin

I used katakana but gunlance interesting me because that wyner blast sort thing Big Grin

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB