Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sound Problems (PC, Sound stutters)
10-29-2013, 07:20 AM
Sound Problems (PC, Sound stutters)
Basically, the title.
I've downloaded the latest version just an hour ago, I've tried turning on and off the low latency volume. I've tried turning everything to low, messed around with my TV settings. Nothing seems to change it, it seems more obvious with voices and certain music, but normally it's fine.

My speed is usually 100% and my FPS reaches the target.

Windows 7 64bit
8 GB 1600mhz RAM
AMD FX 6300
GTX 660ti oc

Yeah, pretty sure it's not my system.
I know it's in beta, just wondering if i'm missing an obvious fix everyone else has already figured out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2013, 02:33 AM
RE: Sound Problems (PC, Sound stutters)
I have the same processor and per my own thread here about a similar issue: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=7102

make sure when testing with the xbrz setting to set it to OFF and not AUTO like I did.

Just a suggestion, maybe I'm just a goof for not noticing that, but I had skipping audio for WEEKS until I realized when I was turning everything to low to test, I was actually setting texture scaling to AUTO. Mine works fine on off, 2x, and mostly 3x except for some very specific points.
10-30-2013, 10:16 AM
RE: Sound Problems (PC, Sound stutters)
Texture scaling AUTO is currently a bit of a trap, yeah - it looks reasonable but the levels it will scale to are overkill for most.