Poll: Is your Snapdragon powered device affected by this issue?
This poll is closed.
Yes, is slower than any other device when it shouldn't, even with adviced tweaks 85.19% 46 85.19%
No, it runs everything pretty smooth 14.81% 8 14.81%
Total 54 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Current state of Snapdragon-based CPUs in PPSSPP
06-10-2014, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 02:54 PM by bomberman46.)
RE: Current state of Snapdragon-based CPUs in PPSSPP
(06-10-2014 05:54 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  What is the first git build that is slower, and the last git build that is faster? There are 68 changes in that range, the more you narrow it down, the more likely it may improve.

Anyway, you can disable the graphical improvements by unchecking "simulate block transfers" in settings. If this makes it faster, that's unfortunate.

Also, I guarantee that compatibility is better with 0.9.8-anything than with 0.9.6-anything. Maybe not for the few games you tried, but definitely on the larger scale.

-[Unknown]

Actually, after testing the latest build for a while, I noticed that for most games, the speed remains relatively similar to the build v0.9.8-1020-g48d4c4c.

There were a few games that I tested that turned out to be much slower so I assumed the emulator was slower, but after unchecking the simulate block trasnfers, the games that were incredibly laggy and slow is now as fast as when I tested the game on build v0.9.8-1020-g48d4c4c. It is unfortunate though because unchecking this didn't give the graphic fix. With it checked, a lot of graphic errors are fixed, but for few games it become so unbearably laggy to the point of being unplayable even with a really high frameskip.

As for compatibility, I have no doubt that in a larger scale, it's much better that anything from 0.9.6. I've mostly been testing the same games through the different builds, so I can compare each one more thoroughly.

Anyway, keep up the great work! The latest builds are much better and it's definitely the improvement it needed for snapdragon devices. Can't wait for 0.9.9 to be released now.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Current state of Snapdragon-based CPUs in PPSSPP - bomberman46 - 06-10-2014 02:48 PM