Poll: Is your Snapdragon powered device affected by this issue?
This poll is closed.
Yes, is slower than any other device when it shouldn't, even with adviced tweaks 85.19% 46 85.19%
No, it runs everything pretty smooth 14.81% 8 14.81%
Total 54 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Current state of Snapdragon-based CPUs in PPSSPP
04-04-2014, 05:23 PM
RE: Current state of Snapdragon-based CPUs in PPSSPP
On my device, performance is definitely better now than it was a few versions back. Even with power saving enabled, a scene in Dissidia I often test now goes at full speed (even with vertex cache and lazy texture hashing off), whereas it used to drop down to 60% speed.

It's possible different devices are being affected differently. It's also possible that you have changed your settings (e.g. enabling a post-shader or something, or enabling power saving on your device, etc.)

As always, try older versions and find where the speed dropped. Note that there are at least two changes in the last few versions that I *do* expect to have slowed things down:

* On GLES3 capable devices, we're currently blitting depthbuffers in many cases. This is not fast, but fixes graphical issues in a bunch of games.
* Some games render to an attached texture. This is undefined behavior in OpenGL and was randomly working or not working on various devices. We've fixed this by again blitting, which is not fast. It's possible you didn't notice, or did not even commonly experience, the graphical issues this caused.

Neither of these will affect all, or even most games. But specific games, such as Tekken 6, might be affected - even, possibly, by both. I don't know, since I don't have that game.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Current state of Snapdragon-based CPUs in PPSSPP - [Unknown] - 04-04-2014 05:23 PM