Poll: Is your Snapdragon powered device affected by this issue?
This poll is closed.
Yes, is slower than any other device when it shouldn't, even with adviced tweaks 85.19% 46 85.19%
No, it runs everything pretty smooth 14.81% 8 14.81%
Total 54 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Current state of Snapdragon-based CPUs in PPSSPP
02-09-2014, 10:57 AM
RE: Current state of Snapdragon-based CPUs in PPSSPP
@ mckimiaklopa, thanks for taking the time to look, plus rep..
@ unknown, fast again now ?!? seems it was fixed recently.. anyways sry if I came across a jerk before man, got a lot on my mind but thanks for repyin.
plus rep for both of ya.

S TO DA G
Find all posts by this user
02-12-2014, 06:34 AM
* im satisfied with the speed on my adreno 203 now.
* you guys are really awesome.

* and im about to buy a new phone (sorry snapdragon, bye bye Tongue)

* so im very possitive that it will perform better than my adreno 203.
* really really good job guys..

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
02-13-2014, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2014 07:36 AM by Stixan.)
With the last build: v0.9.6-919-g474890b

i have the problems with my SoC; the landscape mode dont work properly if launch the game with device in potrait mode (not first time), so, the entire display freeze with this version.

Performance in all games is in Regression Mode (example, in Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure, i have 30/30-100% with my prev PSP version .533; with last build i have 24/30-78%).

Stability is not optimal, after 1-2 min., the "ghost" Performance Regression Mode is re-alive (in particular, when rendering mode in On with post processing shader/switching different presets during the game)

Saltuary crash (and clousure the apk),or freeze game/Black screen on boot, after the logo ( in my case, with Obscure-The After Match).

Android 4.1.2/APQ8064-Adreno320
02-13-2014, 08:01 AM
Well, I don't think it's about a "regression mode" flipping on. It's very probably a totally different problem.

The more you can narrow it down, the better. You say it occured between -533 and -919. That's like 400 changes that could've caused it. For me to look through each of those would take forever, like finding a needle in a haystack. I'd never find it.

But, if you just test -750, you'll cut out like 50% of those choices right there in one fell swoop. Test in the middle a couple more times and you'll be like a crazy maniac, eliminating changes that didn't cause them left and right. And after running only 7-8 versions of the app, you'll have it narrowed down to a small handful of changes that can probably be fixed.

-[Unknown]
02-13-2014, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2014 10:32 AM by Stixan.)
The last build have fix the save check in Gurumin (create the first save file itself natively) and the game its fully playable (without the save file created on real psp and linking in the individual section/thread of the game).

But the regression is tangible for me (probably its a generic bug in this version), after the ghost issue appear...

And the 24-20/30-78/65% still remains for the all duration of the game.

In certain situation, in intensive computation (in another builds), the frames are low, 24-27/30, but in 1-max2 sec. (in these situations) the frames return to stable 30/30.

With this last build instead, much more time (3-4 sec) for frame stabilizations (without and before the ghost regr.).

I apologize if I do not speak English very well, in my small way I try to give a little help to improve this Great/Best Emulator on the Android platform and Qualcomm SoCs :-)

Thanks very much for Your Hard Work.
02-23-2014, 05:49 PM
Difference in performance Snapdragon 800 vs Tegra 4

1st device: Xperia Z Ultra
2nd device: Tegra Note 7
---
PPSSPP Build 0.9.7.2
Settings are the same on both devices

02-24-2014, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2014 12:23 PM by thegh0sts.)
Hi all,

I've been trying to get Tekken 6 to run smoothly on my rooted HTC ONE (with OmniROM installed) and PPSSPP performs terribly...I'm getting down to single digit framerates.

Sad

EDIT: If I knew i was gonna do this i would have kept my Galaxy S3! Tongue
02-24-2014, 01:00 PM
(02-23-2014 05:49 PM)zxcvbad Wrote:  Difference in performance Snapdragon 800 vs Tegra 4

1st device: Xperia Z Ultra
2nd device: Tegra Note 7
---
PPSSPP Build 0.9.7.2
Settings are the same on both devices

It's because of the different cpu's and gpu's. On the xperia Z ultra you can still play God of war Ghost of sparta full speed en GOOD sound. I can do it on my Xperia Z so why will it not work on Z Ultra. Gow Chains of Olympus runs at 1000%speed (10 times full speed) , it's not really playable beacause of the speed it loses FPS and the game falters.
Prince of Persia revelations and Prince of Persia rival swords are also playable (not the best FPS and speed like on samsung http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ocKYDJAHEM) on Xperia Z with ppsspp 9.7.2...but its worth playing

Setting to play god of war Ghost of sparta:

Graphics:
Non-buffered rendering (put buffered rendering on if screen is too dark)
Frameskipping: off
Prefent FPS from exceeding 60(speeds up GoW) checked
Alternative speed 100% ( I also use unlimited)

Postprocessing shader : Natural colors (4xHQ GLSL or AA-color are also possible for a nice screen)
stretch to display checked (if you like full screen)

Rendering resolution (When buffered rendering on) 1x PSP or 2xPSP
( 2xpsp will make FPS and speed drop so put frameskip on 1)
if you use 3x,4, or 5xpsp the quality when buffered rendering on will increase but the speed and FPS will drop dramatically.
Mipmapping: not checked
Hardware tranform: checked
Software skinning: checked
Vertex cache: checked
Lazy texture caching(speedup): checked
Retain changed textures(speedup,memory hog): checked
Low quality splines and bezier curves (speedup): checked

Upscale level: 3x or off
Upscale type: xBRZ
Deposterize: not checked

Anisotropic filtering: 16x or off
Texture filter: Auto

Timer hack: Checked (But when non-bufered rendering on you can uncheck)
Disable alpha test (speedup): not checked
Disable stencil test: unchecked
Always depth write: Not checked
Texture coord speedhack(speedup): Checked

Show FPS counter: Both
Show debug statistics: unchecked

Software rendering: not checked

Audio
SFX volume: 7
BGM volume: 7
Enable sound: checked
Low latency audio (may stutter): checked

System
Fast memory: checked
Multithreaded: checked
I/O on tread: checked
Change CPU clock: 15 or 30 or 40 or 60 or 80 (this is important because when u put it on 1000 it will slow down and falter a little)just try the numbers I just said.
Atomic audio locks: checked

Hope this helped people out. Just try this settings on xperia Z or later xperia devices. TongueWink
02-25-2014, 02:32 PM
Prince of Persia revelations and rival swords are running at 300 - 900% speed with non buffered rendering or buffered rendering. Its too fast to play but i like the fact that ppsspp now runs at (more than)full speed on snapdragon cpu on xperia Z.
My Device: Xperia Z

Chipset: Qualcomm MDM9215M / APQ8064
CPU: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait
GPU: Adreno 320
RAM: 2GB
03-14-2014, 09:02 AM
Hi,

Is there a plan to have config files for each games? Because for most of the games you have to do big changes in the settings to make most out of it, and it would be good if you would have to do it only once for each game.

And you are doing an amazing job so far, most of the games a playable full speed on my xperia z1, and most of the games are far much better than on my psp! Smile
Keep up the good work! Smile
03-15-2014, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2014 09:19 PM by Mr.Kiko.)
Hi all!

First of all, thanks to all devs for your job, it's awesome.

I'm an HTC One owner (S600 - Adreno 320) and I've issues with a lot of games.
I tried everything, every build but I had no luck so I tried to have a look on this forum and I found this topic! Damn Snapdragon!! Angry

Android 4.4.2 - ROM: Android Revolution HD 51 - Kernel: ElementalX - PPSSPP v0.9.7.2

Games Unplayable

Tekken 6
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Tomb Raider: Legend
Assassin's Creed
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (18fps - 36%)

Games playable
The Sims 2: Pets ( 23/30 - 75%)
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (30/30 - 100%)
03-16-2014, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2014 06:50 AM by denslife16.)
God of war ghost of sparta runs smoothly on my nexus 4 snapdragon s4 pro adreno 320 non-buffer rendering and no frameskipping, the only problem is the fake speed percentage, its showing only 20% to 30% speed but it runs very smooth, and its dark in all places and very choppy audio...
03-16-2014, 11:54 AM
(03-16-2014 06:19 AM)denslife16 Wrote:  God of war ghost of sparta runs smoothly on my nexus 4 snapdragon s4 pro adreno 320 non-buffer rendering and no frameskipping, the only problem is the fake speed percentage, its showing only 20% to 30% speed but it runs very smooth, and its dark in all places and very choppy audio...

Yeah, I tried again and it's the same for me. Impossible to use audio and very dark but it's playable also if it shows speed 25-35%
03-20-2014, 12:57 PM
(03-16-2014 11:54 AM)Mr.Kiko Wrote:  
(03-16-2014 06:19 AM)denslife16 Wrote:  God of war ghost of sparta runs smoothly on my nexus 4 snapdragon s4 pro adreno 320 non-buffer rendering and no frameskipping, the only problem is the fake speed percentage, its showing only 20% to 30% speed but it runs very smooth, and its dark in all places and very choppy audio...

Yeah, I tried again and it's the same for me. Impossible to use audio and very dark but it's playable also if it shows speed 25-35%

Try the settings I posted before about the xperiaZ. Xperia Z and Nexus 4 got the same CPU and GPU.

change cpu clock: 15 or 30 or 40 or 60 or 80 (this is important because when u put it on 1000 it will slow down and falter a little)just try the numbers I just said.
03-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Main purpose of that comparable video (s800 vs T4) was not to show how to run GoW full speed, main purpose was to show the difference between two different SoC's running GoW with the exact same settings, so you could see the difference in performance.
Thread Closed