Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Two problems with PPSPP(not saving, and BlazBluCSII audio)
10-24-2013, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2013 10:56 AM by FranBunnyFFXII.)
Two problems with PPSPP(not saving, and BlazBluCSII audio)
Hello, brand new here and looking for a bit of help with PPSSPP. I downloaded the latest version from main page and am having 2 issues with it.
I'm really only trying to play one game with this emulator, BlazBlu Continuum Shift II, and these are the issues I'm having

1. Game isn't saving. I don't know what's up with this, but I have to enter the network name everytime, and when i check the memstick file there isn't any save files present. Is there a setting I haven't done yet or set correctly?

2. EDIT: Nevermind, i just found the Atrac code download and install, now i feel really stupid...
Cutscene audio/Stage music/Game Music isn't working. I tried to get the atrac3+ codec to install and I simply can't get it to work properly. Nothing i've done from manual install and writing out a notepad text to create a registry file, nor the amtrac3 file works.
I can't seem to find a copy that works, or a method that gets the audio to work correctly.

Any help would be great, I've not used this software before.
I tried googling things, and I counldn't seem to find any solutions or help that worked.

system specs(copy pasted, sorry for so much):
Intel Core i7 3740QM IvyBridge 4ghz OC'd | Alienware M17X HM77 | 12GB 1866mhz DDR3 Kingston HyperX | AMD Radeon HD7970M OC'd | 2x60GB SSD+750GB HDD WD Scorpio Black[OS/Storage+Cache] | Custom Artwork Nebula Red Alienware M17X R4 Chassis | 1080P 60hz 72%NTSC Gamut Super Bright WLED+2160x1215 downsampling ASUS VS207 | Razer Naga Epic | Ducky Shine II Cherry MX Blue+Purple backlit(Chinese)| SkullCandy SLYR |
Find all posts by this user
10-24-2013, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2013 11:03 AM by solarmystic.)
RE: Two problems with PPSPP(not saving, and BlazBluCSII audio)
(10-24-2013 10:46 AM)FranBunnyFFXII Wrote:  Hello, brand new here and looking for a bit of help with PPSSPP. I downloaded the latest version from main page and am having 2 issues with it.
I'm really only trying to play one game with this emulator, BlazBlu Continuum Shift II, and these are the issues I'm having

1. Game isn't saving. I don't know what's up with this, but I have to enter the network name everytime, and when i check the memstick file there isn't any save files present. Is there a setting I haven't done yet or set correctly?

2. EDIT: Nevermind, i just found the Atrac code download and install, now i feel really stupid...
Cutscene audio/Stage music/Game Music isn't working. I tried to get the atrac3+ codec to install and I simply can't get it to work properly. Nothing i've done from manual install and writing out a notepad text to create a registry file, nor the amtrac3 file works.
I can't seem to find a copy that works, or a method that gets the audio to work correctly.

I tried googling things, and I counldn't seem to find any solutions or help that worked.

Intel Core i7 3740QM IvyBridge 4ghz OC'd | Alienware M17X HM77 | 12GB 1866mhz DDR3 Kingston HyperX | AMD Radeon HD7970M OC'd | 2x60GB SSD+750GB HDD WD Scorpio Black[OS/Storage+Cache] | Custom Artwork Nebula Red Alienware M17X R4 Chassis | 1080P 60hz 72%NTSC Gamut Super Bright WLED+2160x1215 downsampling ASUS VS207 | Razer Naga Epic | Ducky Shine II Cherry MX Blue+Purple backlit(Chinese)| SkullCandy SLYR |

Try upgrading to the latest dev build here, it carries a tonne of fixes since the official 0.9.1 version was released, and it's perfectly safe to use on a daily basis. The official 0.9.1 release is pretty outdated at this point, and we're about to release 0.9.5 in around 1-2 weeks time.

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

As an added bonus, the atrac3+ code has been majorly revamped, improved and natively integrated into the emulator in the latest dev builds. No need to download a seperate plugin anymore to have atrac3+ audio in any game.

Also, for future reference, please post the game specific issue in its appropriate thread. There's already one for this game here:

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=1161

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
10-24-2013, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2013 11:21 AM by FranBunnyFFXII.)
(10-24-2013 10:59 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  
(10-24-2013 10:46 AM)FranBunnyFFXII Wrote:  Hello, brand new here and looking for a bit of help with PPSSPP. I downloaded the latest version from main page and am having 2 issues with it.

Try upgrading to the latest dev build here, it carries a tonne of fixes since the official 0.9.1 version was released, and it's perfectly safe to use on a daily basis. The official 0.9.1 release is pretty outdated at this point, and we're about to release 0.9.5 in around 1-2 weeks time.

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

As an added bonus, the atrac3+ code has been majorly revamped, improved and natively integrated into the emulator in the latest dev builds. No need to download a seperate plugin anymore to have atrac3+ audio in any game.

Also, for future reference, please post the game specific issue in its appropriate thread. There's already one for this game here:

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=1161

Ah, actually this lead me to the save option on both builds. Now both builds work.

All problems solved! Thank you much, this is some excellent software that I've wanted for quite some time.

(How i got the save state to work was I went into the game's menu and messed with settings and it asked me to create a savestate. So i went back to try the same option in the previous build and it saved properly. I guess I had to create a manual save at first.)

Now to add this to my Steam Library <3
10-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Problem resolved, so I can now close this thread Smile

Closed.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Thread Closed