Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
UMD Video support for PPSSPP(to play Adult Video Games *18+) ?
10-22-2013, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2013 12:15 PM by shan109.)
UMD Video support for PPSSPP(to play Adult Video Games *18+) ?
I'm just wondering if this feature will be added to PPSSPP in the future?
There are things called "UMD-PGs" which are actually Visual Novel (usually adult games aka. Eroge) ported into "UMD Video" intended to be played on the PSP.

I actually have some Japanese Visual Novels Games in "UMD Video" form and I have tried to open them using PPSSPP but they won't open, PPSSPP is looking for an boot.bin file.

Although I somewhat expected this to happen because although these are "games", they are technically just a compilation of videos intended to be viewed/played on the PSP and I think the format of the UMD video is different from normal PSP games which PPSSPP is emulating.

BTW, for those who don't know what I'm talking about, here is a list of some UMD Video Games we are missing:
Don't click if your are below 18 years old

I am hoping that we would be able to play these in the near future Wink
Find all posts by this user
10-22-2013, 01:05 PM
RE: UMD Video support for PPSSPP(to play Adult Video Games *18+) ?
(10-22-2013 07:02 AM)shan109 Wrote:  I'm just wondering if this feature will be added to PPSSPP in the future?
There are things called "UMD-PGs" which are actually Visual Novel (usually adult games aka. Eroge) ported into "UMD Video" intended to be played on the PSP.

I actually have some Japanese Visual Novels Games in "UMD Video" form and I have tried to open them using PPSSPP but they won't open, PPSSPP is looking for an boot.bin file.

Although I somewhat expected this to happen because although these are "games", they are technically just a compilation of videos intended to be viewed/played on the PSP and I think the format of the UMD video is different from normal PSP games which PPSSPP is emulating.

BTW, for those who don't know what I'm talking about, here is a list of some UMD Video Games we are missing:
Don't click if your are below 18 years old

I am hoping that we would be able to play these in the near future Wink
UMD Videos are NOT games they are video discs.

PC specs
CPU = Intel Core i5 10500
GPU = Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660
Storage = 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 2TB HDD
RAM = 16GB DDR4
OS = Windows 11

Mobile Devices
Xiaomi Mi11
CPU = Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
GPU = Adreno 660
RAM = 8GB
Storage = 256GB
OS = Android 12
10-22-2013, 02:13 PM
RE: UMD Video support for PPSSPP(to play Adult Video Games *18+) ?
Not interested.
Thread Closed