Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP and Galaxy S4
10-13-2013, 06:14 PM
PPSSPP and Galaxy S4
Hi guys!

So, I have a Galaxy S4 (Snapdragon 600) and performance is less than stellar I would say. Some games considered very stable like Monster Hunter FU and Dissidia don't run great on my devide (I'm using the latest version available at PlayStore).

I thought it was because of the high resolution (GS4 doesn't handle PS1 emulators with opengl well either, because of the resolution), but I've seem a video from someone rocking a Xperia Z play (also 1080p) and running Monster Hunter (with PPSSPP 0.75) at 30~60 fps. I get 15~30.

Isn't Galaxy S4 supposed to be a fairly powerfull device for emulators? I'm a little disappointed with it because it seems weaker devices run some emulators better than my GS4.

Is this a general issue with the S4?

And yes, I've read the tweaking graphics thread. Sadly, it didn't help much in my case. Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2013, 06:26 PM
RE: PPSSPP and Galaxy S4
settings may be concerned here., maybe you have wrong settings for a certain game.

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
10-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Wait for the next release and the one after that. I have many plans to improve performance.

On the videos you've seen, people may have been using work-in-progress builds. You can download them here if you want to try them out: http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds
10-13-2013, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2013 07:21 PM by heringer.)
(10-13-2013 06:26 PM)globe94 Wrote:  settings may be concerned here., maybe you have wrong settings for a certain game.

Tried everything and closely followed the instructions on the video settings thread. I don't think that's the issue.

(10-13-2013 07:01 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Wait for the next release and the one after that. I have many plans to improve performance.

On the videos you've seen, people may have been using work-in-progress builds. You can download them here if you want to try them out: http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds

Thanks. I have no problem in waiting, just curious if this is a common issue with Galaxy S4 or if it's something specific with my device. In your opinion, is the device powerfull enough to emulate well in the future?
10-13-2013, 11:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2013 11:44 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
The Galaxy S4 is a very powerful device. And surely, when optimized, the emulator will slide on your device. The emulador doesn't supports OpenGL ES 3.0, and it need another optimizations that will make the emulator faster in every android devices.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
10-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Don't worry my galaxy s4 has this problem too, wait for Henrik's new version that is optimized for this device Big Grin

World can be so nice with kind

Lg Optimus 3D Max
10-17-2013, 01:03 AM
(10-13-2013 07:01 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Wait for the next release and the one after that. I have many plans to improve performance.

Will the update improve the Galaxy note 3? Because I'm pretty sure they are similar..
10-17-2013, 09:51 AM
The 2013 nexus 7 performance currently is also bellow average, it realy is strange that xperia z which also uses snapdragon 600 would do so much better. Do you have the video link?

BR
10-17-2013, 01:19 PM
I also have snapdragron version Galaxy S4, dont worry its not the phones prblm . .....the ppsspp is on its way... Henrik worked really hard for that...