Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adreno/Snapdragon bottleneck
09-26-2013, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2013 01:44 AM by 25LEE.)
Adreno/Snapdragon bottleneck
Apparently there is a bottleneck on Adreno device, as the GPUs drivers are not fully being utilized..

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/2007

I had a LG G2 to play with, which has the most powerful CPU and GPU combination, yet using PPSSPP it could barely average 1-3 more FPS than my dated Galaxy TAB 2. Anyhow, if you open up any application/game and dont close it, the PSP emulator does see a significant increase in speed. Its hardly a work around but it should help on those devices for the time being
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: Adreno/Snapdragon bottleneck
you mean a background task still opened while using ppsspp? if so, I stubbled on this before and thought it was just me..Smile

Although I did use a different app.. ie, I was playin a pool game which was ultra slow/laggy, then I realised if I opened an app in the background.. it ran smooth as silk.. the app BTW was popup video player FYI.. but yes, this is strange?? if you clear all background tasks, the performance isn't as good as when you have one or two running in the background ?lol..
09-26-2013, 08:46 AM
Looks like that some programs set priority to highest possible, while PPSSPP does not.
Perhaps you can use some program like SetCPU or Pimp my Rom to increase CPU frequency.
With SetCPU you can make a profile to increase CPU usage just for PPSSPP (maybe it will work with Pimp my Rom too, didn't tried it).

Apple Ipad Mini Retina 16GB Wi-Fi
09-26-2013, 10:45 AM
yes, sounds possible.
Although I haven't got root access..so I'm unable to try it.

I assume you need root access?
09-26-2013, 10:52 AM
I'm afraid you need root access Undecided

Apple Ipad Mini Retina 16GB Wi-Fi
09-26-2013, 11:35 AM
thx, I'll look into this method when I can.
If you manage to test it before hand, pls let us know your results. thx
10-07-2013, 01:21 AM
Yea that's what I meant..lol. But it looks like the game has to be running already, then u open an application, then switch back.

I ended up with a z ultra.. So far so good. Same adreno 330, but am able to play tekken 5 at 30fps/100% and wipeout pure at 20-25 fps/80%.. Gonna test more games out tonight..