Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help on configurations/settings
10-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Help on configurations/settings
Okay, to start up things, I have read the guide referring to how to set up ppsspp. I have a couple of questions though:
Device: Cherry Mobile Fusion Bolt (Android JB 4.1.1, please google the specs)
PPSSPP v0.9.1-7-gb677c81
My current settings:
Graphics- Bufferred Rendering, Frameskipping Auto, Hardware trans and Vertex Cache and Mipmapping ON, texture filter Nearest.
Audio: all on
System: Fast mem ON, JIT ON, cpu clock 0, debug logging enabled.
(Settings not mentioned is either on default or off)
So I have 4 games as of now: Corpse Party, Patapon, Persona 3 and Black Rock Shooter
Speed/Performance report on current settings:
Corpse party- going to 90-100% and sound is good, no problems at all
Patapon- same as above except when they started singing the speed drops and the sound also drops
Persona 3- everythings fine except when it's exploring time in the dungeon speed drops, sound drops, I only get decent speed when the game shows less characters (one hero, one-two monsters)
Black Rock Shooter- movies are blinking but sound is good. When I can move/battle the speed is playable (about 10-16 speed) but sound is cracky

I noticed that 3d/full 3d games runs slow. I can only run Corpse Party without any problems. So the question is if my device is not powerful enough or my settings is wrong (tried non buffering+frameskip off. Picture is good but it lags)

sorry for posting in the wrong section, if ever.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2013, 10:37 AM
RE: Help on configurations/settings
set cpu clock to 60 that maybe help if something bad happen try set to 100-150.

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
10-03-2013, 11:50 AM
It's kinda hard to set cpu clock to a certain number using your fingers, though. But I'll give it a try. Gonna tell some results later
10-03-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm to lazy to Google your specs.. but if its dual core there's a multithread option available in builds after 0.9.1, also none buffered speeds things up to.. but I gather you already tried that.

S TO DA G
10-03-2013, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2013 12:45 PM by anonymoch.)
Tried to adjust cpu clock, gives me flickering on BRS.
I'm not sure but I think I have a Quadcore 1ghz. Whenever I use multithread it also gives me flickering. And when I use non buffer it makes Corpse Party lag. Idk why, non buffer makes the graphics look great right? So how come most of you guys say it makes the performance fast?

EDIT: multithread doesn't give me any flickers now, kinda confused now. It does give a minor speedboost on patapon and persona 3(but in P3 sounds is still messed up on battles). No boosts on BSR though
10-03-2013, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2013 01:59 PM by stodag.)
CPU clock causes flickering sometimes.. if game doesn't agree with the clock set.

Also I don't play any of the games mentioned..
maybe you should refer to the games thread, see if there's any compatibility issues etc.

pls search next time, no need to create new threads for games, unless the game in question hasn't got one.

S TO DA G
10-03-2013, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2013 02:21 PM by anonymoch.)
Of course I went there. And sorry I'm on mobile so some features here on the forums are not implemented. Mentioned games have no problems at all. Well, I think it's my device. Thanks anyways

Edit: majority of the posts about my games are used in PC, so I kinda have a hard time finding the right settings for such
10-03-2013, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2013 04:14 PM by stodag.)
yes, I hear ya.
There was talk of seperate threads for different platforms as like you said..
would make things easierSmile

S TO DA G
10-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Wait, so there is sections like for PC and a separate section for Androids? I thought that everything is mixed up in compatibility/playable games thread.
10-04-2013, 12:25 AM
(10-03-2013 12:38 PM)anonymoch Wrote:  makes the graphics look great right? So how come most of you guys say it makes the performance fast?

For PC and android non buffered render give minor speed boost (already test it on my little brother android he play naruto game Big Grin )
it totally different from PC user buffered render give better graphic that non buffered render complete oppose D:

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
10-04-2013, 01:10 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 02:19 AM by anonymoch.)
I'm really confused right now. I use Buffered Rendering on my four games. When I use Non-Buffered it lags (A combination of Non-buffered +Frameskip off or auto or 1,2,3 and other tweaks) The thing is when I use non buffer it lags, but you guys say it gives minor speed boost.

edit: Example on Corpse party which on my current settings Speed is 25-30 fps 30. If I use Non-buffer speed drops, I tried possible combinations still it lags. Ripping my dissidia 012 and gonna try if there'll be difference bet. Buff and non buff

edit2: Dissidia012
Buffer mode- outside battle fps 30 speed 22-25 in-battle speed 11-17
non buffer- in-battle speed 7-11 fps 30 outside battle speed 9-16
10-04-2013, 02:59 AM
(10-04-2013 01:10 AM)anonymoch Wrote:  edit2: Dissidia012
Buffer mode- outside battle fps 30 speed 22-25 in-battle speed 11-17
non buffer- in-battle speed 7-11 fps 30 outside battle speed 9-16

maybe because HD thing?
test with in sig, same game :
buffered:- menu speed 599,ingame battle speed 129
non buffered:- menu speed 659,ingame battle speed 144

I don't test in my lilttle brother android because it not my Undecided

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
10-04-2013, 03:45 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 03:49 AM by anonymoch.)
Sig? What do you mean by that? You're using a PC? Sorry I'm a newbie on this kind off emulator things. Btw, cutscenes on D012 also lags even in buff or nonbuff. I don't really care about the sound as long as there is subtitles(most games have).
I'll keep tweaking until i get atleast the playable speed and fps for most games.
Maybe for new versions of ppsspp there'll be new implementations/speed increases.
10-04-2013, 07:01 AM
try setting the clock from 39-59.
i also use cherry mobile,cherry flame. and all my games works good with cpu clock=40 & 39
ex. of games are naruto ult impact, and YS seven.
just try it, i hope it helped :-)

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
10-04-2013, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 10:26 AM by anonymoch.)
Gonna try that thanks, got my hands on Ragnarok Tactics. Text missing, though I checked on the compatibility section that on pc there's text.

Edit: just to let you know guys, Hatsune Miku Project Diva is fine until you play it (screen blinks even if multithread is of and cpu clock is default), Tekken 6 black screen.

edit2: Phantasy Star 2 gets stuck on the chapter 1 screen ( the one after the girl joins your party at the very beginning )